When Will Bigotry Be Addressed In Scottish Football?

21 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

What the f**k are you on about? :lol:

It’s Greenday, Lennon wasn’t goading anyone. He got coined because he was Catholic  and anyone who disagrees is a bigot.  :)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jammyp said:

Does goading not come under unsportsmanlike like conduct  or general misconduct ? Either way he shouldn’t be doing it, no other manager does it and believe it or not he isn’t the only manager to get shit .

_88938522_11708482.jpg.2ccebc88c38148a84b5ec9ad73705114.jpgjose-mugs-poch.jpg.4d74684df6daf962ba213cf6feb59149.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

It’s Greenday, Lennon wasn’t goading anyone. He got coined because he was Catholic  and anyone who disagrees is a bigot.  :)

My mother is a roman catholic.

I have no doubt that lennon is subjected to abuse, and regularly gets called a ****** or whatever - I don't think he gets abused because of his Catholicism, though - I think it's because of how he behaves.

Up until yesterday, I though lennon was a protestant (not that it matters) - that's how much I know (or care) about it. 

So, there you go - green day is barking up the wrong tree, and making all sorts of incorrect assumptions - in short, he's wrong. 

1 hour ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Pish. Didn’t like him. Just like I took a dislike to many players. What a crock of shite you speak. When he came to Aberdeen before Tonev I never liked him. Thought he was an awkward wee p***k and that was just going by what I saw on Sportscene.

You simply just can’t accept that someone’s doesn’t like Logan without it being wrapped up in some sort of rasict slur, that way you can forever post up your pictures of Shay and claim that any negative opinion of him from Celtic fans is based on racism. The reason I don’t like him is also being acknowledged by other actions he’s done. The recent warning from McInnes about his outbursts. His red card at CP. add into that the fact he’s had around 30 yellows in the 4 seasons he’s been here backs up the fact he likes to mix it and is a dick. He could be black, yellow, orange or even tartan for all I care. He’s a bawbag.

Outwith Rangers or any other players that have upset Celtic, what current players in Scotland do you dislike?

1 hour ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Pish. Didn’t like him. Just like I took a dislike to many players. What a crock of shite you speak. When he came to Aberdeen before Tonev I never liked him. Thought he was an awkward wee p***k and that was just going by what I saw on Sportscene.

You simply just can’t accept that someone’s doesn’t like Logan without it being wrapped up in some sort of rasict slur, that way you can forever post up your pictures of Shay and claim that any negative opinion of him from Celtic fans is based on racism. The reason I don’t like him is also being acknowledged by other actions he’s done. The recent warning from McInnes about his outbursts. His red card at CP. add into that the fact he’s had around 30 yellows in the 4 seasons he’s been here backs up the fact he likes to mix it and is a dick. He could be black, yellow, orange or even tartan for all I care. He’s a bawbag.

So it’s possible to dislike someone for being a bawbag, it doesn’t have to be sectarian or racial.

:lol:

You couldn’t make Scottish football up.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Austin McCann said:

So it’s possible to dislike someone for being a bawbag, it doesn’t have to be sectarian or racial.

Unless it involves Celtic, or anyone involved with Celtic, when automatically their pathetic sense of victimhood kicks in. 

31 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Outwith Rangers or any other players that have upset Celtic, what current players in Scotland do you dislike?

Stevie May. Scott Severin when he was at utd. Jim Goodwin, changed my mind on him though. The recent Kris Boyd. Johnny Hayes, even when he signed for us? That ginger keeper who played for QoS. Could go on.

Guest Bob Mahelp
19 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Stevie May. Scott Severin when he was at utd. Jim Goodwin, changed my mind on him though. The recent Kris Boyd. Johnny Hayes, even when he signed for us? That ginger keeper who played for QoS. Could go on.

So you confirm that it is possible, in the tribal world of Scottish football, to have a 'dislike' for someone based on their actions on the football field, and without it having anything in the slightest to do with religion, or nationality ?

29 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The most harrowing  thing to come out of this whole sorry episode is the Bohemian - Green Day shitposting double act. Even Baw Watcher gave up ages ago.

Nah the most pathetic thing to come out of this is the jambos flinging reds to whoever calls them out on their behaviour. You do deserve the "mini" tag for sure.

Some classic whataboutery on the latter pages of this thread however it is very simple to understand.
I don’t have one now due to kids and being a single parent, but I had a season ticket at Parkhead from 1997 till 2011.
I went to just about every game I could and travelled to just about all the away league games when I could.
I didn’t need Neil Lennon to tell me there was anti-catholic abuse and sectarianism. Christ, The flip side of the abuse came from our own fans but that isn’t the point of discussion here as you could fill a BRALT sized thread with that pish.
I will say that I heard anti Catholic abuse at just about all grounds towards Lennon. Why do I know it was anti-Catholic? Because when someone adds “go back to Ireland”, “ya fuckin’ tarrier tramp” and “****** c**t” to the end of abuse naming and directed at Lennon then it’s clearly religiously motivated. He was spot on for bringing these words out into the open during his interview. Granted, some grounds were worse than others but I will say that Tynecastle, Pitoddrie, Ibrox and rugby Park we’re clearly the worst.
Yes, there are arseholes in all football club’s supports who do this, especially mine. I’m all for gamemenship, cupping of ears when you score, finger over the lips etc.... and I’m not too bothered about this aspect of it as it livens things up in general. 
However, throwing coins, lighters and sectarian abuse is simply not on. I do have to laugh at how all football fans scream blue murder the moment a player or manager does something after theyve verbally abused someone for 90 minutes.
IMHO, Lenno was right to get a ban for the aeroplane. This was an SFA thing as he entered the pitch. As for Wednesday night, if anyone thinks that Lennon gesturing to sit down is a reason to assault someone then they’re mad. Again it’s the SFA to deal with his gesturing. Had he not got coined I feel he may have got cited at the very least. What I’d say to all those who say he brings it on himself is that if you believe that then you should also be able to ignore him more if you think he’s an attention seeker. Can’t have it both ways. If you think he does deserve that then you yourself are saying that he is allowed to come over to you and punch you for your gestures. 
As for the Bobby Zlamal incident, it was out of order for a fan to reach out and touch him but I would say that it didn’t look like a punch to me. To me I thought the fan cupped his hand and stroked his left cheek in a cheeky manner. At first I thought he went down because he’d been slashed but he wasn’t. Reason I point this out is that I’d hate to see someone getting done and getting pesters for a punch when it wasn’t. Saying that I’m unable to find footage from the other side and I’m assuming the touch to his face is what everyone’s on about.

Absolutely full of shit.
Martin O'Neil tried to say Pittodrie was the worst outside Ibrox for the sectarian abuse Lennon got.
All the journos laughed and admitted Aberdeen just hated him for the way he played and tried to ref the game.
He was a Willie Miller figure but he didn't play for us so cue the abuse

4 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Evidence now backs this up. St Mirren supporters did it today to a Rangers player, clearly for that very reason.

A St Mirren fan hit a goading Rangers player today because Neil Lennon is a catholic? This is all getting a bit confusing. 

1 hour ago, scoobles said:

Absolutely full of shit.
Martin O'Neil tried to say Pittodrie was the worst outside Ibrox for the sectarian abuse Lennon got.
All the journos laughed and admitted Aberdeen just hated him for the way he played and tried to ref the game.
He was a Willie Miller figure but he didn't play for us so cue the abuse

have to say that in 50 odd years of watching football the sheepies were the least sectarian fans   i came across the zombies , their cousins and  dundee  and killie were amongst the worst offenders..now a watcher of junior soccer it's refreshing to note that mindless bigotry and rascism is alive and well and still a festering sore on the arse of scottish society

1 minute ago, Village elder said:

have to say that in 50 odd years of watching football the sheepies were the least sectarian fans   i came across the zombies , their cousins and  dundee  and killie were amongst the worst offenders..now a watcher of junior soccer it's refreshing to note that mindless bigotry and rascism is alive and well and still a festering sore on the arse of scottish society

Did a ball hit you on the head today?

On 03/11/2018 at 03:02, BawWatchin said:

The "sensitive souls" as you put it are the one's who can't get over a past that they weren't even a part of. Imagine being such a snowflake that wars that took place before your time still turn you into a seething, tear stained mess.

Grown men still require nannies it would seem. They clearly aren't stable enough to live independent lives if history older than them has such an impact on their emotional and social well-being.

For me all walks of society go to football games so tarring fans with the same brush is absolute nonsense but if you treat football fans like second class citizens they will act like second class citizens this has to change,
Telling fans you can't do this you can't do that, backing them into a corner they're going to fight back,traditions for religion and political views spill into football grounds and the problem is some fans have a lack of intelligence to separate their views,judging people for who they are instead of accepting them for who they are is the biggest problem.
Religion and political views have nothing to do with football rivalry but as you put it snowflakes melt then it gets hot. 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

backing them into a corner

Imagine expecting football fans to go to the game and just enjoy the actual game while abiding by the same laws as everybody else in soceity, even those who can't stand football.

It's pure tyranny so it is!

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Imagine expecting football fans to go to the game and just enjoy the actual game while abiding by the same laws as everybody else in soceity, even those who can't stand football.

It's pure tyranny so it is!

Archived