When Will Bigotry Be Addressed In Scottish Football?

8 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

And what does that have to do with things? Would he have more credence if he stayed on his feet instead, as well as being hit with a coin. Makes no difference.

Just saying, you thought the keeper went down easy but didn’t say Lennon did. When he did.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, paranoid android said:

lennon objecting to the suggestion that he brings it on himself in the aftermath of an incident that he brought on himself. 

The only people who think he "brought it on himself" are Hearts fans, Rangers fans and "neutral" bigots 

n.b. not mutually exclusive (or interchangeable) groups tbh

8 minutes ago, Jammyp said:

Just saying, you thought the keeper went down easy but didn’t say Lennon did. When he did.

I actually said nothing of the sort and can’t even work out why you think I said it. Here’s what I said:

“As for the Bobby Zlamal incident, it was out of order for a fan to reach out and touch him but I would say that it didn’t look like a punch to me. To me I thought the fan cupped his hand and stroked his left cheek in a cheeky manner. At first I thought he went down because he’d been slashed but he wasn’t. Reason I point this out is that I’d hate to see someone getting done and getting pesters for a punch when it wasn’t. Saying that I’m unable to find footage from the other side and I’m assuming the touch to his face is what everyone’s on about”.

So, if you properly read it, you’ll see I never said he went down easily. I said he went down because I initially thought he’d been slashed as that’s not what the hand on his face looked like. I never actually really commented on the validity of why he went down. Maybe it was to highlight what happened. Maybe he was punched and I didn’t spot it like I’ve already stated. Maybe the face stroke was harder than I thought, who knows. I didn’t however, say he went down easily.

You imagined I said that.

10 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The only people who think he "brought it on himself" are Hearts fans, Rangers fans and "neutral" bigots 

n.b. not mutually exclusive (or interchangeable) groups tbh

His being hit by a coin was a direct consequence of him goading the fans - quite simple.

Most other managers have some decorum about them. 

6 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I actually said nothing of the sort and can’t even work out why you think I said it. Here’s what I said:

“As for the Bobby Zlamal incident, it was out of order for a fan to reach out and touch him but I would say that it didn’t look like a punch to me. To me I thought the fan cupped his hand and stroked his left cheek in a cheeky manner. At first I thought he went down because he’d been slashed but he wasn’t. Reason I point this out is that I’d hate to see someone getting done and getting pesters for a punch when it wasn’t. Saying that I’m unable to find footage from the other side and I’m assuming the touch to his face is what everyone’s on about”.

So, if you properly read it, you’ll see I never said he went down easily. I said he went down because I initially thought he’d been slashed as that’s not what the hand on his face looked like. I never actually really commented on the validity of why he went down. Maybe it was to highlight what happened. Maybe he was punched and I didn’t spot it like I’ve already stated. Maybe the face stroke was harder than I thought, who knows. I didn’t however, say he went down easily.

You imagined I said that.

Sorry. The went down like he was slashed and don’t like people getting done for a punch when it wasn’t didn’t sound like a reasonable statement. When Lennon got hit in the chest with a coin and collapsed like he was shot .

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

His being hit by a coin was a direct consequence of him goading the fans - quite simple.

Did he goad the Hearts fans when one of you attacked him the last time?

Just checking, as imo neither he, zlamal, the other hibs players coined, the linesmen etc deserved what happened, regardless of anything.

46 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but “oh yes I did”. You see, that’s the mistake that many make about Logan and that is to think that anyone who doesn’t like him is obviously a racist. I know a few fans of other clubs who think he is the same. Logan is another one of those players who, and I don’t necessarily subscribe to this belief, that some think ‘brings things on himself’ by way of his actions. He’s been like that for a while. I think he courts controversy, just like Lennon, but that’s it and not to as great a degree. He’s a figure others love to hate and that’s not solely down to the Tonev thing. The Tonev matter, for some, has ramped it up a notch. Logan deserves to be criticised for his actions, shouted at and maybe a few swear words thrown in, but doesn’t deserve anything more. FYI, there are Celtic fans who don’t like him for who he is but will keep quiet about it for risk of being branded racist just for having a negative opinion of him. That’s now the world we’re living in.

You had no idea who he was before TonevGate.

It's ok to admit that the hatred doesn't come from the colour of his skin but from the fact he had the temerity to speak out against a Celtic player and your club then embarrassed itself in the fall out.

There is an indefatigably cast iron correlation and timeline with Celtic fans thinking he's a fanny and the 13th of September 2014.

Accept this indisputable fact and stop living your life as a lie. 

Just now, Green Day said:

Did he goad the Hearts fans when one of you attacked him the last time?

Just checking, as imo neither he, zlamal, the other hibs players coined, the linesmen etc deserved what happened, regardless of anything.

Nobody deserved it - lennon was goading the fans - Zlamal wasn't. 

Just now, paranoid android said:

Nobody deserved it - lennon was goading the fans - Zlamal wasn't. 

And when one of your fans ran on the pitch and attacked him the last time?

confused.png.074f67005ea68dbb913cb7e365cdebba.png

Guest Bob Mahelp

Lennon doing a brilliant job of promoting himself for the Celtic job again. 

Given that the first page of any prospective CV for a Celtic manager is dedicated to 'please note examples of you being a vhictim (truth not necessary or even preferred), he must be well into his extra 5th page by now. 

Scottish football is run for rangers and Celtic and the media feeds off it and makes money from it.

Its abhorrent and toxic but it won’t change.

Prime example was most of them saying Scottish football would die if rangers got relegated. What they meant was “shit now I actually have to do a proper journalist job instead of toadying up to the of”. Romanov was correct in what he said and hearts were attacked because they were upsetting the applecart. Alex Ferguson saw what was going on at Aberdeen also. It’s small scale corruption and down to easy money. There’s no way that rangers should be allowed to sing songs like that and it’s not a minority. I really wish they had went out of business completely.

20 minutes ago, Green Day said:

^ leave him be, he still maintains there is a specific rule about "goading"

Bless him

There doesn’t need to be a specific rule , unsportsmanlike conduct and misconduct covers it just fine. If you not sure just check the previous things he has sat in the stand for .

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You had no idea who he was before TonevGate.

It's ok to admit that the hatred doesn't come from the colour of his skin but from the fact he had the temerity to speak out against a Celtic player and your club then embarrassed itself in the fall out.

There is an indefatigably cast iron correlation and timeline with Celtic fans thinking he's a fanny and the 11th of August 2014.

Accept this indisputable fact and stop living your life as a lie. 

The same fans at Celtic park that wave Palestine flags and call for justice abuse a black player who stood up against racism.

Celtic fc everybody.

3 hours ago, Jammyp said:

There is a rule that you can’t goad opposition supporters. Yellow card. Because it could start crowd trouble. It’s not that hard to understand.

Several slavering post later...............

4 minutes ago, Jammyp said:

There doesn’t need to be a specific rule , unsportsmanlike conduct and misconduct covers it just fine. If you not sure just check the previous things he has sat in the stand for .

Ah, now its not specific 

clintonfacepalm.jpg.84a6d7e6dad3d1f66fea6283e099cd08.jpgsalmond.thumb.jpg.ef465cbaf47899cdef555a7aacf8cb60.jpg

27 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Him being hit by a coin was an even more direct consequence of a person throwing a coin at him.

Archived