When Will Bigotry Be Addressed In Scottish Football?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

If it was ever addressed then Celtic and Sevco would be charged every single week and would end up in the Lowland League due to the points deductions, playing in closed stadiums. This is because it happens at every single game these clubs play.

The SFA and SPFL don’t cover it up; they just ignore it. They just pretend it isn’t happening. Of course they serve Celtic and Sevco like scummy little bootlicking cowards, and most of them will be fans of the two clubs and guilty of it as well, so they don’t even want to hear of the issue. At most they’ll claim that perhaps it happened once or twice and it was a minority. In reality it happens every single game and is the vast majority.

They are also scared to challenge them because they are afraid of them. They think the game revolves around them, and do their best to make sure that is the case, and don’t want to upset the cartel them probably sees them make plenty of money off of them as well.

The clubs themselves do everything to stoke it, because it makes them a lot of money. Just look at the merchandise they produce, the strip design and colours, the colour of the seats in their stadium, their programmes, the music they play at their grounds; everything is geared to promoting the bigotry and thus the sales.

The media are complicit in this too. They should be reporting it every single game. They don’t even mention. They will make a big fuss when for example a player is racially abused at any game (and rightly so), but there isn’t a single reference to the bigoted singing we hear in every single game. Again, this is because they profit from it themselves, and most of the are fans of the two clubs and are guilty of it.

On the radio if you hear someone swearing the presenters fall over themselves to apologise, yet they don’t say a single thing about the thousands of cretins singing their filth. I’m sure some of the TV stations turn the mics beside the crowd down when they start it as well, yet make no reference to that at all.

Even the police ignore it. They are in higher numbers at games involving the shitey scum that follow Celtic and Sevco yet do nothing. In fact they outright treat these fans differently to fans of other teams by letting them away with standing in stairwells and the like. They should be making thousands of arrests every single game. Obviously this isn’t feasible, so they should be closing Celtic Park and Ibrox and banning the Celtic and Sevco mutants from attending games at other grounds. They could let maybe a hundred or so attend, and if they behave then let more, but cut the allocation as soon as the shite starts again.

There are plenty of laws that give the police plenty of powers to do something about it. We don’t need bullshit legislation that tiptoes around the issue like the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

But we all know absolutely nothing will happen, ever.

Tradition, but.

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

The War for Irish Independence. Because they didn't win you might dispute it being a war like unlike the war Joseph Plunkett was involved in. 

Quite impressive being killed in a war which concluded a decade prior to your birth.

What's the relevance to Scottish football grounds?

7 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I posted this on the Hearts match thread, but I guess there is a small element in this interview about sectarianism..................

I don't think he knows what 'effigy' means....

How ironic that the Celtic fans were singing those songs at a group of fans that, more than pretty much any other in Scottish football, are likely to contain a majority who don’t want to be British either.

Why use logic though, where’s the fun in that.

The only way 'bigotry' will be addressed in this country will be when Neil Lennon, his apologists in the media and people who do similar to him to stoke the fires of 'sectarianism' and 'bigotry' are called out for their behaviour and taken to task over it.

On Wednesday night at Tynecastle the Hearts goalkeeper was assaulted by an opposition supporter and the Hibernian FC manager was struck by a missile thrown from the crowds in what we're both completely unacceptable incidents and the perpetrators of both deserve to be caught, banned from football and face the consequences of their actions.

However only one of those two incidents is making front page headlines and that is because only one of the victims was Neil Lennon, otherwise no one outside Hearts would give a f**k about their goalkeeper being assaulted. And the reason for this is because Lennon and his cheerleaders are yet again using this incident to pedal the "it happens because he's an Irish Roman Catholic who was involved with Celtic" garbage that they have done for the best part of the last twenty years. And that is stoking the flames and pandering to the morons in football and society because they are shouting loudly this line that the only reason this happens is because of Lennon's background, yet completely ignoring his conduct and some very obvious other anomalies. For example, if it is down solely to his background, then why has Brendan Rodgers never had the same hassle since becoming Celtic manager? His background is similar, he has been hugely successful with Celtic and is an arrogant b*****d into the bargain, but nothing like this ever seems to happen to him. Likewise Martin O'Neill, and Robbie Keane, Roy Keane and Liam Brady and so on. Why does Lennon and his cheerleaders always fail to mention this when they are pedalling their guff? I'll tell you why, it's because it doesn't suit their agenda and they want to twist everything to suit it and get everyone on the bandwagon. It's propaganda, plain and simple.

I'm pretty sure that if any footballer stood infront of the Main Stand at Tynecastle in the last minute of an Edinburgh derby taunting the home fans then it wouldn't come as a surprise if something was thrown, it is a highly charged atmosphere and tensions are running high. Indeed, did a Hearts fan not jump out of a stand to try and get at Derek Riordan after he had done similar after scoring late winner there about ten years ago? And I distinctly remember a Motherwell fan ran out of the Cooper Stand and punched Jim Leighton after he had gestured to the crowd after Aberdeen had scored a last minute winner at Fir Park back in the 90s. Neither makes any of it alright of course, both guys were absolute roasters, but the fact is that neither of them were labelled as bigots or anything like that, they were just morons who reacted stupidly to footballers taunting them(which is also stupid). So why is it that it's only when it's this particular individual that's involved does the bigot/sectarian card get played then?

Lennon has a history of gesturing to opponents, particularly it seems Rangers and Hearts fans, but it's by no way exclusive to them and it's.no surprise when he gets something back, as anyone else in his position would, but he seems to revel in it and the fallout that ensues and does it time and time again.

The man is nothing but a shit stirrer and the same goes for his apologists. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people like him are by far the biggest bigots out there, because they are playing on a faux victim mentality and then when things blow up they make wild, generalisations, accusations and assumptions about groups of people and they shout it loud and long and people jump on their bandwagons and the idiots on all sides get whipped into a frenzy over it.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Except it's not in the slightest bit disrespectful not to wear it.

Their players aren't given a choice though, they just don't wear it.

I rarely wear one either, mainly cos I can't be arsed moving it from jacket to jacket or buying multiple poppies!

11 minutes ago, MJC said:

The only way 'bigotry' will be addressed in this country will be when Neil Lennon, his apologists in the media and people who do similar to him to stoke the fires of 'sectarianism' and 'bigotry' are called out for their behaviour and taken to task over it.

I can see how laughing at a group of complete and utter morons (including yourself) "stokes the fires of sectarianism and bigotry", when that's all that you live for.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

I can see how laughing at a group of complete and utter morons (including yourself) "stokes the fires of sectarianism and bigotry", when that's all that you live for.

I don't see anyone laughing, this all seems pretty serious to me.

55 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Quite impressive being killed in a war which concluded a decade prior to your birth.

What's the relevance to Scottish football grounds?

The war was over if you happened to live in the part of Ireland which became independent. You have chosen not to consider the continuation of it as a war because the side seeking their independence in the continued conflict didn't win. 

The relevance to Scottish football grounds is people have sung it at Scottish football grounds. I would have thought that was self-evident. 

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

So-called politicisation is just their way of trying to get round the sectarianism label. Once again it's why something is said or done that determines its purpose not the actual words or action.  The anti-poppy stuff is 100% sectarian as is everything in bigot brothers agenda.

Sectarianism is a form of bigotry, discrimination, or hatred arising from attaching relations of inferiority and superiority to differences between subdivisions within a group. Common examples are denominations of a religion, ethnic identity, class, or region for citizens of a state and factions of a political movement.

How is the anti-poppy stuff sectarian as per the above definition of sectarian?

21 minutes ago, MJC said:

On Wednesday night at Tynecastle the Hearts goalkeeper was assaulted by an opposition supporter and the Hibernian FC manager was struck by a missile thrown from the crowds in what we're both completely unacceptable incidents and the perpetrators of both deserve to be caught, banned from football and face the consequences of their actions.

However only one of those two incidents is making front page headlines and that is because only one of the victims was Neil Lennon, otherwise no one outside Hearts would give a f**k about their goalkeeper being assaulted. And the reason for this is because Lennon and his cheerleaders are yet again using this incident to pedal the "it happens because he's an Irish Roman Catholic who was involved with Celtic" garbage that they have done for the best part of the last twenty years. And that is stoking the flames and pandering to the morons in football and society because they are shouting loudly this line that the only reason this happens is because of Lennon's background, yet completely ignoring his conduct and some very obvious other anomalies. For example, if it is down solely to his background, then why has Brendan Rodgers never had the same hassle since becoming Celtic manager? His background is similar, he has been hugely successful with Celtic and is an arrogant b*****d into the bargain, but nothing like this ever seems to happen to him. Likewise Martin O'Neill, and Robbie Keane, Roy Keane and Liam Brady and so on. Why does Lennon and his cheerleaders always fail to mention this when they are pedalling their guff? I'll tell you why, it's because it doesn't suit their agenda and they want to twist everything to suit it and get everyone on the bandwagon. It's propaganda, plain and simple.

I'm pretty sure that if any footballer stood infront of the Main Stand at Tynecastle in the last minute of an Edinburgh derby taunting the home fans then it wouldn't come as a surprise if something was thrown, it is a highly charged atmosphere and tensions are running high. Indeed, did a Hearts fan not jump out of a stand to try and get at Derek Riordan after he had done similar after scoring late winner there about ten years ago? And I distinctly remember a Motherwell fan ran out of the Cooper Stand and punched Jim Leighton after he had gestured to the crowd after Aberdeen had scored a last minute winner at Fir Park back in the 90s. Neither makes any of it alright of course, both guys were absolute roasters, but the fact is that neither of them were labelled as bigots or anything like that, they were just morons who reacted stupidly to footballers taunting them(which is also stupid). So why is it that it's only when it's this particular individual that's involved does the bigot/sectarian card get played then?

Lennon has a history of gesturing to opponents, particularly it seems Rangers and Hearts fans, but it's by no way exclusive to them and it's.no surprise when he gets something back, as anyone else in his position would, but he seems to revel in it and the fallout that ensues and does it time and time again.

The man is nothing but a shit stirrer and the same goes for his apologists. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people like him are by far the biggest bigots out there, because they are playing on a faux victim mentality and then when things blow up they make wild, generalisations, accusations and assumptions about groups of people and they shout it loud and long and people jump on their bandwagons and the idiots on all sides get whipped into a frenzy over it.

You're an absolute moron and bigoted c**t. 

Archived