When Will Bigotry Be Addressed In Scottish Football?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The OP said:

Another thing I wonder about is do Scottish people get extremely Helen Lovejoy when Conor McGregor walks out to an Irish rebel song commemorating the early IRA before every fight?

Wow, how stunningly irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Wow, how stunningly irrelevant. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

emoji1.png

You what?

The Foggy Dew. Pretty sure no one posts pictures of the two boys who died in Warrington on UFC threads.

Never because authorities only want to punish the small teams and avoid the big elephant in the room with Celtic and New Rangers.  Continue to let them away with and it will never go away no matter how many punishments are handed out to the provincial clubs.

7 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Until the poppys up their game and speak out about this abhorrent abuse, nothing will happen.

As for the Dundee fans, i'm sure they were on their best behaviour as always and not singing from a book borrowed from another disgusting excuse for a club.

Go on...

This question has been asked time and time again and the clear answer appears to be never, only way you would ever get clubs cracking down on it is repeated fines or stadium bans that would hit the pockets of the offending clubs which would force them to take action, the SFA would never consider this due to the backlash they would get from fans and probably the media.

The big elephant in the room is society and the ingrained views folk have been taught (brainwashed) from being a child, no idea how you can go about changing that tbh.

Just now, The OP said:

Is it a song you have borrowed from another disgusting excuse for a club? (Bawwatchin's choice of words). 

No.

I see you've also said earlier that Dundee fans were singing the Billy Boys so I think your comments can safely be filed in the talking shite section.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

No.

I see you've also said earlier that Dundee fans were singing the Billy Boys so I think your comments can safely be filed in the talking shite section.

I’m pretty sure the song is an American Civil War song and was reworded by the sectarian “Billy Boys” gang also known as the Brigton Derry. This gang took it to the terraces at Ibrox where it became a football club’s anthem. 

It just happened to be the only song sung with any vigour by the Derry end.

9 minutes ago, The OP said:

Because I am not the one taking great issue with any connection between sport and Irish rebel tunes.

No, you most definitely aren't. 

You are, however, perfectly willing to overlook the permanent ubiquity of one of the biggest institutions in the country - Celtic - as compared with a fleeting character in a peripheral sport; in order to make a flawed argument that in order to claim to be offended by something, one must by extension be offended by everything. It's as transparent as it is juvenile. 

1 minute ago, The OP said:

I’m pretty sure the song is an American Civil War song and was reworded by the sectarian “Billy Boys” gang also known as the Brigton Derry. This gang took it to the terraces at Ibrox where it became a football club’s anthem. 

It just happened to be the only song sung with any vigour by the Derry end.

Dundee fans weren't singing those words to the same tune that's used at Ibrox in the same way that Celtic fans weren't singing the words to 'Beautiful Sunday' to that tune.

Man Utd and Everton sing Hello Hello as well. Will Celtic fans be calling them orange b*****ds next time they meet?

Archived