St Mirren v Rangers (deceased)

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moomintroll

Much as i detest the Orcs, and in the interests of fairness their equally braindead oppos, I am confused about what Candeias was supposed to have done to merit that second yellow. Did i miss something before he was alongside Ferdinand?

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Much as i detest the Orcs, and in the interests of fairness their equally braindead oppos, I am confused about what Candeias was supposed to have done to merit that second yellow. Did i miss something before he was alongside Ferdinand?

We're still waiting on Random guy getting back to us on that.....

Guest Moomintroll

Not very often that I am in agreement with either arse cheek but I am genuinely mystified about this one. I suppose Collums gonna Collum.

Just now, Moomintroll said:
5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Not very often that I am in agreement with either arse cheek but I am genuinely mystified about this one. I suppose Collums gonna Collum.

Cards oot and charging right in there.

15 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

I thought the Halliday Red card at Cappielow was the worst I’d seen but this out does it as it is clear Candieas does absolutely nothing other than get ‘punched’ from Ferdinand. 

Rangers cant let this lie. They have to ask WTF the wee bigot gave him a second yellow for. 

Why is Collum a bigot? Never heard him called that. Incompetent yes. Bigot? Nah.

5 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Agreed.

All joking aside. Whoever threw the coin will hopefully be identified & rightfully banned from football.

More than one coin thrown. Danny Mullen and Craig Samson both had missiles thrown at them from the North Stand. 

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

He gestured to the home fans in plain view of the ref. 

We had James McFadden given a three match ban for the same thing, before you start claiming it's a conspiracy

15 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

I don’t ever defend the indefensible but if you want to have a go at the bigots for singing bigoted songs don’t over do it by bringing in GSTQ and Rule Britannia to the argument.

I am absolutely consistent in my condemnation of the bigots who still tag along to Rangers games. Do I have to condemn them every time they sing the Billy Boys? I’ve made my feelings known and the punishment I would give them. Take them to the centre of Crossmaglen and make them sing The Orangemen Of Crossmaglen. I’m sure one trip into South Armagh will kill them or cure them. 

As a season ticket holder I wrote to the club about stewards / police not doing their jobs and Got a reply. Rangers have banned over 1000 supporters for such behaviour and work within the community to try and rid outlrselves of these bigots. The club had made significant progress BUT in all honesty I do see an increase in it again. 

There are a whole host of reasons. Two main reasons I see is the ‘success’ of the Green Brigade and The Union Bears trying desperately, and failing miserably, to be their Loyalist opposite. Also there is a siege mentality at Ibrox among the support. They feel , rightly or wrongly, they have been and still are unfairly treated. They are told sing this that or whatever so they do it anyway. I have been involved in discussions on Follow Follow with them where they openly admit they don’t care if the club is fined they are going to sing these songs!! Where do you even start with Arseholes like that?

I will finish by saying what we see these days is nowhere near as bad as what we saw in the late 70s/ 80s. I may not like some of today’s songs but I am Thoroughly ashamed of what was sung back then!!

Good post. Don’t agree with the GSTQ and RB bit though. Ask yourself, apart from Linfield and England, which other UK teams sing these 2 songs. I understand they are not proscribed (think that’s the right term) but Rangers sing them anyway. Why? Like I said earlier it’s to reinforce the ‘loyalist and protestant’ stance, to show that they’re so British, so much so than other clubs. We’ve all seen the banners and t shirts saying the “Quintessential British Club”. When you put these reasons behind the singing of the songs then you can see why many have an issue with singing them. It’s all about context and how things are used. To others who don’t support Rangers they could argue that GSTQ and RB have been hijacked by the Rangers support.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

New Opta stats needed for Scottish football surely:

Coins Thrown

Coins On Target

Coins Off Target

You’d have to go further.

Coin possession - whose fan show threw most.

Coin assists - who gave them the coin

Youd also have to have some sort of stat for accuracy. Hitting Morelos with a 1p would be much harder than hitting him with a £2 nugget.

Maybe we should use this model to decide league placings instead of GD.

Guest Moomintroll
Why is Collum a bigot? Never heard him called that. Incompetent yes. Bigot? Nah.
He isn't a bigot, that would, astonishingly, require more brain cells than he currently posesses. He does however have a job that guarantees his availability late nights and weekends, thats what we are up against.

Guest Moomintroll
We had James McFadden given a three match ban for the same thing, before you start claiming it's a conspiracy
Haven't seen a clip of that yet, utter melt and the card was fully deserved then, Collum is still a fud of the highest order mind.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Haven't seen a clip of that yet, utter melt and the card was fully deserved then, Collum is still a fud of the highest order mind.

I actually think players should be able to gesture all they want at fans.  The seethe it generates in grown adults is hilarious.

Guest Moomintroll
I actually think players should be able to gesture all they want at fans.  The seethe it generates in grown adults is hilarious.

I know, I am always conflicted by that. Adults spewing bile for 90 minutes who then go crying because the nasty man smiled at them. Maybe if the police and stewards applied the law inside the grounds it would cease overnight, however that would incriminate the bigot brothers so that isn't going to happen.

Archived