Kilmarnock v Aberdeen #SuperSunday

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we continue our amazing run going at Kilmarnock. Amazing how much a manager has changed a club overall so this looks a tough game for us.

Disappointed the game has been moved for tv as Killie is one of the better trips away. Must be 4th game in the last 4 seasons it this fixture has moved to 12.15pm on a Sunday.

f**k Sky and BT sports!

1 minute ago, betting competition said:

Disappointed the game has been moved for tv as Killie is one of the better trips away. Must be 4th game in the last 4 seasons it this fixture has moved to 12.15pm on a Sunday.

f**k Sky and BT sports!

Aye it's pish, we miss out on a decent away support too.

I always wonder what Killie is like for away fans. Plenty of decent pubs within 5-10 min walk of the away end so I assume it's okay.

I always wonder what Killie is like for away fans. Plenty of decent pubs within 5-10 min walk of the away end so I assume it's okay.

Aberdeen don’t normally take a big support to Killie as some think it is miles past Glasgow lol

Our supporters bus is busy considering the kick-off time.

Do love the Brass and Granite pub although cup replay that was mental [emoji23]

43 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Decent pubs are countered by the shite rail service but usually an okay day out. As betting says last few trips been ruined by stupid kick off times. This one made worse by there being no rail service at all due to engineering works. Probably means I will be giving this a miss.

46 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Do love the Brass and Granite pub although cup replay that was mental emoji23.png

It's a cracking pub....

They recently won the "Best newcomer in 2017/18" at the National Best Bar None awards in Glasgow, up against another 53 pubs throughout the country.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I was in the Chadwick Stand for the Scotland vs Georgia rugby game a couple of years ago and was astonished at how shit it is.  Water literally running down the stand, no way to identify what row was what - really poor stuff.

Having said that, I'm sure it's pretty rare that there's restricted seating at RP - the view is pretty decent, and there are as you say a few pubs in the vicinity, none of which I'm sure would have any issue in offering some hospitality to supporters of 39/41.

Always enjoyed a trip to Killie.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but when it was terracing, I’m sure we were at the opposite end?

8 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Always enjoyed a trip to Killie.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but when it was terracing, I’m sure we were at the opposite end?

Away fans were in the opposite end in the old stadium, mostly huddled under the Johnnie Walker covered terracing (as per this view)......

season-19841985-rugby-park-kilmarnock-rugby-park-home-ground-of-kilmarnock-bjm02n.jpg.88c4d3040278cdffdfe222fc867dfa55.jpg

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I love coming down to Killie. Since the M77 opened its only 30 minutes past Glasgow and an easy drive. I normally go to the pub at the ground which I’ve always found to be really friendly. Going down again on Sunday, but don’t expect too many of my fellow Dons to be there.

Any idea why they swapped it after the rebuild?

We kindly gave the away fans easier access to town centre pubs and shorter walk to the railway station. In reality you’ve got that stand because the prevailing wind and rain blows straight into your face. And on rare sunny days the low sunlight shines directly into your eyes.

Archived