Kilmarnock v Aberdeen #SuperSunday

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I really wish that our fans would stop booing him. He hates us a lot more than the other way round, and he would be lost if Aberdeen fans just ignored him. His “celebration” yesterday was embarrassing for him and nobody round about me really cared.

Judging from the seethe coming from the stand at the time, a lot really did. I thought it was funny at the time and it was. But I knew it was going to bite us in the arse and it's just OTT and cringey. It's Aberdeen for f**k sake.

Yes I'm still hurting

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I find funny about Boyd is that he makes out like it's a bit of light hearted banter with the Aberdeen fans, but you can tell from his reaction that he is actually really seething about it all. That celebration wasn't just a wee giruy, it was someone letting out a huge amount of seethe.  He was going mental for a good 10 seconds after scoring a penalty, absolutely cringeworthy. Especially when you then go on to lose.

I'm not sure exactly what his problem is with us - there's clearly plenty former Ibrox club players who get it tight from our fans, but I wouldn't see Boyd was being anywhere close to being top of the list of venom, and generally it's relatively good-natured stuff where he's concerned.

Our Rugby Park record maybe contributes, but I can only presume as he's used AFC as the chief target for his attempted 'shock jock' stuff on the radio and in tabloids - and it keeps backfiring on him spectacularly  (e.g. McInnes turning down Sevco, our players earning a few caps for the national team and last week's Hampden win for the 'small irrelevant club who were big in the 80s'). He's clearly now bottled up an unhealthy level of seethe for us that he let out spectacularly yesterday.

His other prior target, Hearts, just lost 8-0 over two matches to Celtic - maybe he'll go back and target them for his next batch of stuff before he makes an erse of himself again.

Who knows?.........one day he'll maybe be brave enough to write a column slating one of the Glasgow clubs.  My guess would be Partick Thistle......

A little bit over defensive there. You really do know that it’s very poor to play football on, but will never admit it.

Not at all, his post indicated that he cannot play football on the pitch so was interested to know how many games he’s played at RP.

Guest Bob Mahelp

As to the pitch, Aberdeen have played Killie off the park on it pretty much every game over the last 5 years, so to blame it for the guff of yesterday seems a bit daft.

It did though, seem different from previous years. Maybe it was just us being dross, I don't know.

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

As to the pitch, Aberdeen have played Killie off the park on it pretty much every game over the last 5 years, so to blame it for the guff of yesterday seems a bit daft.

It did though, seem different from previous years. Maybe it was just us being dross, I don't know.

Up until yesterday,  on my many visits to Rugby Park, I’ve always thought that that pitch has played very well. But I also thought that both teams were struggling yesterday, and I wonder if the quality of the surface is getting worse season by season.

Archived