Kilmarnock v Aberdeen #SuperSunday

Sadly not the guaranteed 3 points it was for seasons on end, killie are a much tougher prospect these days 

I wouldn’t exactly be annoyed at a draw but we really need to keep putting wins together 

Almost 7 years to the day since we last lost at Rugby Park 

Mon the Dandies 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge result for us if we win. Aberdeen had the beating of us for so long - we've got closer and closer in the last year before eventually beating them with a fair dose of luck at Pittodrie. Should never have been a red. 

Hopefully now that the curse is broken we can get a win on Sunday. 

Hoping for an injury time penalty winner for Kilmarnock. Won via an outrageous dive from JJ, scored by Boyd.

Then extreme weather conditions to interrupt road and rail links all over the country.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Devlin 30 yard winner in the 1st minute which bursts the net, goes round the world and comes back into the stadium smashing Steve Clarkes miserable pus into next week. 

Could may well happen. We always concede first.

6 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

Any word on Brophy's injury? If he doesn't make it at least it will give Ndjoli a chance to show what he can do.

I would be very very worried if we started a game with Ndjoli as our only forward. Would definitely pick Boyd ahead of him if Stewart and Brophy are both out.

I would be very very worried if we started a game with Ndjoli as our only forward. Would definitely pick Boyd ahead of him if Stewart and Brophy are both out.
Why is that? I've admittedly not seen a whole not of him but from what I have seen he seems to have a bit of the Coulibaly 'something from nothing' about him. Boyd would probably get the nod, but doubt he'd last the full 90.

8 minutes ago, Coooombe said:
12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why is that? I've admittedly not seen a whole not of him but from what I have seen he seems to have a bit of the Coulibaly 'something from nothing' about him. Boyd would probably get the nod, but doubt he'd last the full 90.

I just think he's a very peripheral player - he wants to ghost into little pockets of space and get on the ball when someone gives it to him rather than necessarily going looking for it. If you're playing a 4-2-3-1, which we likely will be if both the normal forwards are out, I think you need your main striker to demand the ball and try to hold a central area to bring the others into it. I don't think he would do that. He was really poor against Livingston when he played (sort of) centrally, and all the moments of quality we've seen from him have either been off the bench or against lower league opposition.

Archived