Cowdenbeath v Elgin City

Its good for them chance to interact with folk who don't have the same DNA as them. One day they may even get out of League 2 after 19 seasons there.

Doesn't matter though.
Its season 2059/60 in the Scottish league 2, Elgin once again consolidate a solid 5th spot.... But they knock it about well [emoji849][emoji849]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MorayCup said:

Thats not true, we've produced one of the finest wind up merchants that Scottish football has ever seen. That's quite an achievement if you ask me. The fit of rage from opposition fans that Darryl can cause is worth the admission fee alone 

Nope, that honour goes to Josh Falkingham. He managed to wind folk up without even opening his mouth.

20 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

For the amount of Cowdenbeath fans posting on here, it makes you wonder why they're unable to get such big numbers at home games

Was thinking along the same lines, must be one of the longest Elgin threads in a long time.

Its good for them chance to interact with folk who don't have the same DNA as them. One day they may even get out of League 2 after 19 seasons there.

Cowdenbeath have been the turd that won't flush the last few seasons in league 2. Think you'll be out the league long before Elgin.

8 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I’ll have been at more Dons games than you grandma. Shouldn’t you be tucked up by now.

Considering I haven't lived in Scotland since 1973 you might well be right, you'd only have to have been at approximately 300 to beat my total.  And you're getting granny mixed up with granda - but you are from Fife, I suppose.

13 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

For the amount of Cowdenbeath fans posting on here, it makes you wonder why they're unable to get such big numbers at home games

We're a very tech savvy support.

Disappointing result and I'm amazed to read that we played with 3 strikers with Cox through the middle. Can we just stick with a settled formation and try and get the same 11 on the pitch each week?

Thankfully he seems to have realised that Buchanan shouldn't start matches...

I thought bollan got his tactics wrong although I admired his thought process of pinning Elgin back and going man for man. Unfortunately Elgin have better football players than us e.g Cameron and Sutherland and they started to see where space was and their movement was exceptional. They deserved the win NO doubt but it still is disappointing to lose a late goal.

Deas was super at defending his area and was a plus point. Mcgurn excellent again. Renton had his best game since coming back.

My point earlier in season was that we would finish 6th and I stand by that. We wont finish in the bottom 2 which is progress. Is it enough though.I think not.

The boy skelly is showing nothing for me and aint worth the loan we signed him on.

23 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

The first goal was 100% onside, no question about that. The second, it's very tight. Looks slightly off to me.

It is tight as f**k and hard to tell exactly when it’s played as I think the frame moves on at the wrong time but I think he’s just on. Could have went either way though!

Don't take this the wrong way. genuine question. but why is McGurn still playing for Cowden, when he should be playing for a team higher up, say, maybe championship?

You're very lucky to have such a great goalie!

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Don't take this the wrong way. genuine question. but why is McGurn still playing for Cowden, when he should be playing for a team higher up, say, maybe championship?

He is very near the end of his playing career. Although he makes great saves, and we would be lost without him, he does look like he struggles to get down quick enough for some shots which he would have saved a few years back. Struggles a bit with free kicks as well. If he was younger, he wouldn't be with us 

8 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Was st Raith but wanted to be part time to compliment his job I’m sure. At his stage of career not sure travelling far for training and games is appealing either so chose a  local team.

Archived