Queen's Park v Annan Athletic

1 hour ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Do the Queens fans think that young Kieran is nearing a start? Seems to be impressing in his cameos from the bench?

Think it’s a matter of time. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him in on Saturday.

I didn't think so at the time but that offside call looked awfy close, probably just right though but it was a cracking finish.

I would like to have seen Tommy Muir's penalty dive again. Difficult to tell how bad it was from the stand!

13 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

I didn't think so at the time but that offside call looked awfy close, probably just right though but it was a cracking finish.

I would like to have seen Tommy Muir's penalty dive again. Difficult to tell how bad it was from the stand!

I think the VT editor did yer man a favour. I was in the centre stand and could see the gap between him and our man. It was in the "embarrasing" category. All of his teammates walked away from it. Likewise, the body language after the "goal" told a story. From my angle it looked tight but it was clear on the tape. The finish was spectacularly good but even the scorer didn't make a fuss even though he was onside when the move started.

18 hours ago, jinky said:

No wonder the highlights were slow in being posted-very poor fayre is being polite for that performance.

Aye first half was poor but do you not think we were vastly improved in the second half and probably finished the stronger team?

On 11/6/2018 at 17:46, Alf Stamp Army said:

Definitely offers more than Josh Peters who looks short on confidence

Josh is the only one we have who has been a proven scorer at any club so I'd imagine he shows something in training that Mark likes. I don't see him and Hawke connecting yet though and I'd say Hawke is a pencil-in for every start at the moment. Moore and Hawke seem better connected. It's amazing over the years though how you see a sub making a real impact but then going flat when starting the next game. It's much tighter and physical in the early stages. I think his pace is an asset in the later stages of a game when it's more open. The only way to see if he can be an asset from the go is to give him a chance.

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I think the VT editor did yer man a favour. I was in the centre stand and could see the gap between him and our man. It was in the "embarrasing" category. All of his teammates walked away from it. Likewise, the body language after the "goal" told a story. From my angle it looked tight but it was clear on the tape. The finish was spectacularly good but even the scorer didn't make a fuss even though he was onside when the move started.

Yep, spot on about the body language for both incidents, certainly no complaints about either decision 

17 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye first half was poor but do you not think we were vastly improved in the second half and probably finished the stronger team?

Agree with improved second half and think the young lad East has struggled when starting games and has been far more effective coming off the bench...also feel the two central midfielders have too much to do and not enough help from the wide guys hence the huge gaps that Annan seemed to waltz through in the first half.

17 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yeah, I've forgotten an entire season! I suppose it was the loss of Cummins too.

It just shows how much we missed McGeever last season and how noticeable the improvement has been in the centre of defence this season, especially since Gerry has had a full pre-season training 

47 minutes ago, jinky said:

think the young lad East has struggled when starting games and has been far more effective coming off the bench...

Agree, he didn't make much impact last week which was disappointing as he started the game very well at Coatbridge 

1 hour ago, jinky said:

Agree with improved second half and think the young lad East has struggled when starting games and has been far more effective coming off the bench...also feel the two central midfielders have too much to do and not enough help from the wide guys hence the huge gaps that Annan seemed to waltz through in the first half.

The gaps have been there every week and I've flagged it up a few times over the last few years. I've mentioned defenders sitting deep, but if that's how Gerry copes with a lack of pace I'm not challenging it, he's been outstanding this season. And with two up front, and pushing much higher up the pitch than we've seen for a long time, that's why there's gaps. These guys are part-time lower league in Scotland so there's a limit to their energy levels, although they still ran Annan into the ground last week.. I'm certainly enjoying the current format but as everything in life, when the Yin changes so does the Yang.

No jokes about Taiwanese trialists please Mick1867

Archived