Ton v Jags

5 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Please correct me if wrong, I think said Thistle fan has autism - distinct lack of class from the Greenock fans who deliberately targetted him. Quite happy for it to get dished out to the rest of us, but not someone who absolutely doesn’t deserve to be wound up and abused. Was really quite disappointed by the whole incident to be honest.

Fair enough if that was the case and if so that shouldn’t have happened, but how were Morton fans meant to know this? He was dishing it out too to begin with, if that was the case then someone standing next to him could have moved him out of “the line of fire” so to speak. Nobody seemed to stand up for him apart from a female steward who asked if he was ok.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Please correct me if wrong, I think said Thistle fan has autism - distinct lack of class from the Greenock fans who deliberately targetted him. Quite happy for it to get dished out to the rest of us, but not someone who absolutely doesn’t deserve to be wound up and abused. Was really quite disappointed by the whole incident to be honest.

He was getting wound up because he was going tonto for about 5 minutes straight. Shame for the guy but autism is not something your average football fan can diagnose from 50ft away. Bit less of the outrage.

You can hardly call it a “distinct lack of class.” Autism is invisible and often unidentifiable in 1 on 1 conversation by professionals on a daily basis, how exactly do you expect football fans miles away to know? Fans give and take abuse, get over yourself.

32 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Deliberately targetted him because he was autistic.

Shame on you for even suggesting that.

Muppet!

39 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Question : if YOU don't know, why the hell should you expect any Morton fans to know?

4 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

I think the way he was acting would help tell.

Man acting angry at the football when his team are getting beat? f**k sake.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Is Scobbie even a CB though? Just because left backs get old and fat and can't run doesn't immediately make them left sided CBs. Was a dreadful panic signing on deadline day, he's clearly been done for about 2 seasons. 

Would still have been a better option that what transpired though. 

I've tried to scrub it from my memory but it brings back vivid flashbacks of Ryan Edwards being shifted into the back line when we went 1-0 down to Livi in the playoffs, too.

Is Scobbie even a CB though? Just because left backs get old and fat and can't run doesn't immediately make them left sided CBs. Was a dreadful panic signing on deadline day, he's clearly been done for about 2 seasons. 
Would still have been a better option that what transpired though. 

A similar question could be asked of Elliott though. Just because a striker can’t play up front, can’t play as a winger, or at right or left back, it doesn’t make them a CB.

4 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

A similar question could be asked of Elliott though. Just because a striker can’t play up front, can’t play as a winger, or at right or left back, it doesn’t make them a CB.

Doesn't make them a professional football player either

10 hours ago, GiGi said:

He was getting wound up because he was going tonto for about 5 minutes straight. Shame for the guy but autism is not something your average football fan can diagnose from 50ft away. Bit less of the outrage.

This. The Partick fans posting about this need to get off their high horse. Yes we have our fair share of c***s in the shed but I'd argue no one would stoop that low.

TBH, I was a wee bit uncomfortable with the abuse that was being dished out to the guy. It seemed to me that, whatever was going on with him, it wasn't a simple case of a guy losing the head. By the time he had threw his scarf to the ground and picked it back up, I wouldn't personally have felt comfortable goading him. There was just something off about it. That being said, he was dishing it out himself in the first place. If you were caught up in the moment then you wouldn't necessarily have thought anything of it. 

On a related note, one of the reasons that I don't particularly think the away fans in the Cowshed helps the atmosphere is that you just end up with individuals winding each other up rather than sets of fans singing and shouting at each other. The majority of the Cowshed can't even see that the away fans are there. 

Archived