Ton v Jags

Any thistle fan trying to point score by saying our head to head this season is an embarrassment. We're honking and the only hope we have is that we'll be in touch with 8th come January and Caldwell can actually sort out the shambles that is our defense. Morton will be comfortable in midtable, something we can only aspire to right now

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Point is we are shite but have beaten you twice already this season. Simple-Ton

Point is you obviously haven't read or understood what I posted. 

And we're still  six-four up on aggregate. That obviously stings, Sting.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

St Mirren, Dundee and Partick Thistle have all sacked their managers this season.

Their replacements' combined record? P15 W0 D1 L14 GF3 GA36

#newmanagerbounce

You missed out Dundee United, but of course including them would have considerably undermined the point you were trying to make.

It's what's known as "doing a vt"  -  fact-skewed  subjective analysis.

53 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

You missed out Dundee United, but of course including them would have considerably undermined the point you were trying to make.

It's what's known as "doing a vt"  -  fact-skewed  subjective analysis.

And the other 10 or so teams to replace their manager. Don't think that undermines his point that those 3 made awful decision in either the sacking or replacement of their managers.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

St Mirren, Dundee and Partick Thistle have all sacked their managers this season.

Their replacements' combined record? P15 W0 D1 L14 GF3 GA36

#newmanagerbounce

No falkirk? 

Please add the rat's stats.

While I remember has anyone checked up on the Jags fan, who had a total meltdown and threw his scarf to the ground when we went 2-1 up, to make sure he is ok? Never seen a heads gone moment like that before. Surprised he was still there at full time.

34 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Have we got any CB’s on the bench that would be a better option there than Christie Elliott?

Is Scobbie even a CB though? Just because left backs get old and fat and can't run doesn't immediately make them left sided CBs. Was a dreadful panic signing on deadline day, he's clearly been done for about 2 seasons. 

Would still have been a better option that what transpired though. 

Totally forgot that wee spell in the second half when, 3-1 down, Thistle decided to play keep-ball in their own half for about ten minutes. Left-back and centre-half's pass completion up to about 90%. Tidser standing in front of them thinking 'aye, you batter on'. Is that what people mean by 'the Thistle way'?

41 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Totally forgot that wee spell in the second half when, 3-1 down, Thistle decided to play keep-ball in their own half for about ten minutes. Left-back and centre-half's pass completion up to about 90%. Tidser standing in front of them thinking 'aye, you batter on'. Is that what people mean by 'the Thistle way'?

Yeah, the "Thistle way" seems to be to pass the ball neatly in triangles and create absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

While I remember has anyone checked up on the Jags fan, who had a total meltdown and threw his scarf to the ground when we went 2-1 up, to make sure he is ok? Never seen a heads gone moment like that before. Surprised he was still there at full time.

Please correct me if wrong, I think said Thistle fan has autism - distinct lack of class from the Greenock fans who deliberately targetted him. Quite happy for it to get dished out to the rest of us, but not someone who absolutely doesn’t deserve to be wound up and abused. Was really quite disappointed by the whole incident to be honest.

5 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Please correct me if wrong, I think said Thistle fan has autism - distinct lack of class from the Greenock fans who deliberately targetted him. Quite happy for it to get dished out to the rest of us, but not someone who absolutely doesn’t deserve to be wound up and abused. Was really quite disappointed by the whole incident to be honest.

You think he has! Does he or are you making it up? If it was obvious, I agree about lack of class. If not you're the one lacking in class.

Archived