Ton v Jags

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

A routine away defeat for us. I can’t remember the last time I celebrated a meaningful goal away from home never mind a win.

Looking forward to the day out nonetheless. Any decent boozer recommendations?

Go to Gourock!

Thistle fans feel the exact same way we felt going into last night and look what happened.

2 home games against teams struggling below us would suggest we should be aiming for 6 points, but quite difficult to win 3 in a row in the league, think only the top two have achieved that to date.

Quitongo is bound to score but the players should be buzzing after last night so will go for a 2-1 win!

Made it along to the league win earlier in the season, patched the group stage cup game though. Didn't think there was a huge gulf between the sides and Morton for the first half an hour iirc reminded me of us in some spells while we were still in the top tier, tidy enough at moving the ball about and taking decent touches but nothing incisive prior to contriving to concede first and then more or less faded away.

0-0. 1-0 either way or 1-1. Would take a punt on 1-1 if pressed on which I see as the most likely if only because Morton more or less just have to have someone that can hit a free kick or corner into our penalty area and we'll find a way to concede at least once.

Wouldn't be surprised if we finish within <3 points of each other by the end of the season whatever the result,  unless we completely implode. That's totally impossible and won't happen though, haha!

2 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

A routine away defeat for us. I can’t remember the last time I celebrated a meaningful goal away from home never mind a win.

Go to Gourock and get train back for kick off. Avoid the cafe continental and you can't really go wrong. 

Otherwise stay on train till Greenock central where you can pick from the lighthouse, lithgows, a weatherspoons or the old bank. Avoid lithgows. 

At the ground you only really have the norseman which is also perfectly good. 

45 minutes ago, madton said:

Thistle fans feel the exact same way we felt going into last night and look what happened.

We’ve been in a downward spiral for nearly two years now - I don’t think it’s been quite that bad down in Greenock. 5 losses in a row and 1 goal in over 500 minutes of football shows the current state of our sorry mob of imposters.

Thistle v Morton fixtures seems to often have a comfortable win for the home team, and whilst Morton haven’t hit the ground running under Johansson yet, I really can’t see that changing on Saturday. 

26 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Quitongo to be over-fired up and get sent off after 30 minutes with the score at 0-0, Thistle to defend heroically until the 85th minute and then concede from a set piece.

Yes please

Are away fans still in the wee Dublin end or will we get a bit of the cowshed?

The weather forecast is horrendous for Saturday, I don't know if I can face watching  get drunk enough to watchThistle on an open terrace in driving rain.

1 hour ago, K77 said:

The weather forecast is horrendous for Saturday, I don't know if I can face watching  get drunk enough to watchThistle on an open terrace in driving rain.

Hopefully it'll be the WDE only then. 

4 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Why do you want a 'decent' boozer anyway? Go to Port Glasgow, find the Comet Bar and take in the delights of an unsurpassed hovel - including El D and other tonic wines available on optics.

The Star 'Hotel' is an absolute cowp as well.

4 hours ago, K77 said:

Are away fans still in the wee Dublin end or will we get a bit of the cowshed?

I have faith in you, brother... I know you can do it. I just know it.

18 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

If your after a boozer for the fitba before hand avoid The Norseman, won't have it, if it's just for pints before hand then it's fine, solid pint in there. If your after pints and the fitba then get a train to Greenock Central, walk down the street and either take a right for the Lighthouse Bar or take a left for The Old Bank then jump in a Joe Maxi next to The Jimmy Watt Bar at 2:55pm to Cappielow, sorted!

As for the game, massive if we can win this as we have Alloa at home next week which we'll be confident of beating BUT.........I'm in hospitality for this one and in 4 hospitality fixtures I've been at for Morton v Thistle we've yet to win one of them so not looking good for us, sorry lads!

Archived