Falkirk FC v Ayr United FC

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not looking for him to be an enforcer or anything. He just needs to try and make some attempt to influence the direction of the ball from time to time.

I have often been a defender if his, of sorts, but he really fucking pissed me off today.

McKee is genuinely one of the last players I would want to play for my team in a relegation fight. He just hides when the going is tough.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We showed signs of improvement again today.

Created a few decent openings but sadly, as we all know, we are absolute pish and have absolutely terrible footballers up front.

At least the defence looks a bit better now. Add a RB and another CB and I don’t think we’ll be far off. Similarly, Irving, a fit Buaben and another CM should see us look a lot better in there.

McKee’s just not good enough. Ditto Lewis. Not even mentioning the Canadian. Get him in the stand.

Not the greatest of games. We probably had our poorest game of the season, though, and still took 3 points which is the mark of a decent side.

I thought Falkirk set up reasonably well against us and restricted the supply to Shankland and Moore fairly effectively. Thought we struggled to get decent supply to them but hearing the Shankland was ill might partly explain it 

Falkirk offered next to nothing going forward and Rose and Bell strolled it but it must be a complement when teams are now setting up against us not to lose.

The goal was poor from the keeper's point of view but credit to Moore, he got it down and got a shot on target. If you get (any) efforts on target that's what can happen.

As for Andy Murdoch? Why did Morton let him go?  MoM performance and just gets better and better.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Check out @ryancapperauld’s Tweet:

:lol:

Was the guy okay?

He went missing at one point in the second half after falling out the tree. He was in the tree at the end though just not as high up. I have to say if he was absolutely rubbered (assuming that's why he got chucked out) that is some feat. 

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I wasn't at the game today, and obviously I wasn't at your game against County, and these stats could of course be off and not tell the whole story, but I'm struggling to see (based on them) how you could come to that conclusion.

Screenshot_2018-11-03 Falkirk 1-1 Ross County.png

Screenshot_2018-11-03 Falkirk 0-1 Ayr United Craig Moore's goal strengthens visitor's Championship lead.png

The stats, possession wise at least, are likely to read similar through to January because McKinnon's worked out a formation and tactics that suit us. Basically we'll sit in, invite the opposition on to us and hope to hit on the break. What we don't have at the moment are players that may capitalise on the chances made.

I felt we worked a bit harder on Tuesday than we did today although we again competed well and I thought were worth a draw. There were actually a few quite impressive passages of play from us too! 

The defence again looked a lot more solid in a 3/5; I was worried about Harrison at CH but he did very well so maybe that formation suits him too? Prince isn't fit but he's clearly an asset at this level. Irving's a talented lad but gets robbed of the ball too easily and can look lackadaisical at times. McKee looked to be going through the motions and needs to learn to tackle occasionally. I'd maybe play Sammut against Dunfermline instead although he'll probably reinstate Paton. As others have said, the subs weakened us although McKinnon had to try something to get back into it I suppose. Tommy Robson deserved his MOM award I thought.

I'm sure the Pars are no better than Ayr or RC so, if we can put in the same levels of fight and application I think we can take something.

We’ve played to top 2 teams in the league this week and apart from a goalkeeping error they’re not any better than a poor Falkirk team. We are getting absolutely no luck just now either. Again today the effort and attitude was good. Hopefully soon we’ll turn the corner.

If you can’t muster a single shot on target over two home games you deserve nothing imo....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

BBC claims we had one on target v RC but I am sure you understand the point I am making here....

Of course I do but there's no point in making it any worse. It's bad enough already!

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

Rudden’s chance was massive. Petra set him up with the perfect cross and his header really should have hit the target at the very least.

I'd need to see it back on TV to be sure, but from my angle the cross wasn't perfect. Or if it was he misjudged his run and was ahead of the ball when he met it.

it looked to me as if the ball was always behind him and he was struggling to get his head on it.

Rudden header.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'd need to see it back on TV to be sure, but from my angle the cross wasn't perfect. Or if it was he misjudged his run and was ahead of the ball when he met it.

it looked to me as if the ball was always behind him and he was struggling to get his head on it.

Rudden header.jpg

Aye, ball was behind him and came at him very quickly.

Did I imagine it today or did Ayr United have a Union Jack behind the goals in the away end ??
It might not have been but from my seat looked really like it.

No idea but I noticed we had one in the open terracing on Tuesday night.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did I imagine it today or did Ayr United have a Union Jack behind the goals in the away end ??

It might not have been but from my seat looked really like it.

Here we go, you've no idea what you've set off...

Archived