Falkirk FC v Ayr United FC

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Groundhog Day, no surprise. Houston’s team of 2 seasons ago would have murdered that Ayr team. Has a club ever got things so spectacularly wrong in living memory?

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Groundhog Day, no surprise. Houston’s team of 2 seasons ago would have murdered that Ayr team. Has a club ever got things so spectacularly wrong in living memory?

Would've had the league sewn up by xmas instead of relegation sewn up by then. We're fucked if we dont bring players in now. Simple as that.

Yet another goalkeeping mistake and that was the only thing between the sides today. Aside from the goal I don’t think either ‘keeper had a save to make.

We created and missed some great chances through Haber and Irving with Rudden missing the best chance of the game he should’ve buried his header.

Thought we defended much better again today with the back 5 all playing well. Midfield was quite poor McKee not at it again and Buaben was clearly not fit. Petravicius once again our best player imo everything good comes through him.

Our subs really didn’t work and actually made us worse. Haber and Lewis are both absolutely stinking and the sooner we don’t need to play them again the better.

We’ve played to top 2 teams in the league this week and apart from a goalkeeping error they’re not any better than a poor Falkirk team. We are getting absolutely no luck just now either. Again today the effort and attitude was good. Hopefully soon we’ll turn the corner.

We’ve played to top 2 teams in the league this week and apart from a goalkeeping error they’re not any better than a poor Falkirk team. We are getting absolutely no luck just now either. Again today the effort and attitude was good. Hopefully soon we’ll turn the corner.

Maybe today we weren’t much better but the table would suggest overall we are a vastly better team than Falkirk.

Thats really fucking frustrating. We responded much better to losing a really shitty goal but we are so fucking wasteful.

Joe McKee needs to learn to put a fucking tackle in. He got a warning before the goal when he ran alongside someone then he did it again in the buildup to the goal. Shitebag.

Agree with the subs too. Also today was the first time I felt Prince was a bit poor.

Petra and Robson our best again.

Ayr really couldnt have complained if we won or drew that but equally we cant complain either. Very even contest really.

Ruddens header tho.... f**k me.

Prince isn't fit, McKinnon said on Thursday night he still isn't up to speed yet.

Think the defence is definitely looking better and there wasn't much between the teams apart from Mitchell's howler. I know Ayr fans will tell us they have played better than that but I think we contained them well.

Up front we have absolutely nothing. I would rather play with 10 men that allow that lazy arsed b@stard Haber to wear the navy blue again.

I am glad we are talking in these sort of terms again. Keep playing like that and we might get the luck that leads to three points. Against Queens in the second half last week no amount of luck could have salvaged it because we werent prepared to capitalise. Its still a big job but we have stumbled on a system that suits but it seems pretty evident that the first 11 need to get it done. Subs are pish.

I am glad we are talking in these sort of terms again. Keep playing like that and we might get the luck that leads to three points. Against Queens in the second half last week no amount of luck could have salvaged it because we werent prepared to capitalise. Its still a big job but we have stumbled on a system that suits but it seems pretty evident that the first 11 need to get it done. Subs are pish.
agreed. we actually got worse when the subs came on. a not 100pc fit buaben aside I'd have not put any other subs on. how we let ohara out on loan and gave Lewis playing baffles me. ohara ain't amazing but he's head and shoulders better than lewis

At least we are competing now and didn’t fold like a wet paper bag when our obligatory goalkeeping howler put us behind.
Would have to agree that the subs actually weakened us though the Prince is obviously struggling for fitness. Lewis and Haber will never do which means we are far too reliant on young Rudden.
Got to be looking at taking at least 4 points from the Fifers and Partick, don’t know where the goals are going to come from though.

Big improvement today.

Defensively, we were good and didn’t give Ayr much.

Mitchell - just as bad as Fasan

Kidd - really poor. Time must be up.

McGhee, ,Harrison and Brough - very solid. Best combination I’ve see so far

Robson - man of the match

Irving - good but makes some terrible errors. What can you expect from a youngster

McKee - diabolically poor. Bin please.

Buaben - looks okay but far from fit.

Petra - most dangerous attacker we have but not a natural goal scorer 

Rudden - gives everything but very inexperienced.

Lewis - waste of space 

Haber - COMPLETE waste of space.

Sammut - gives very little.

this. I'm not embarrassed to watch us play now. we're competitive again.

that said our goalkeepers are poor and we really need someone that can score goals. the defence and midfield has done okay against the top 2 sides.

4 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

agreed. we actually got worse when the subs came on. a not 100pc fit buaben aside I'd have not put any other subs on. how we let ohara out on loan and gave Lewis playing baffles me. ohara ain't amazing but he's head and shoulders better than lewis

Don’t think Ohara has scored yet for Stenhousemuir

Poor game between two poor teams in all honesty. Thought we looked relatively solid at the back until Mitchell threw one in. Having said that, no shots on target at home makes it very difficult to pick up points.

For me, we need 1 RB, 1 CB,  2 CM, 1 LM, 1 RM and 2 ST at a minimum.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You need to get a shot on target to get three points  unless Rat’s tactical master plan is to rely on own goals.

Archived