Alloa vs Pars

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

First half we had a few chances and should have scored.  Second half we were disgracefully dull. So plodding and predictable 

Aye but the half as a whole was tighter, Alloa didn't threaten at all in the second half where we should really have had a couple. Don't get me wrong it's not the best game I've been too but I walked away thinking it was alright. 

Win against Falkirk hopefully and see where we stand. 

37 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye but the half as a whole was tighter, Alloa didn't threaten at all in the second half where we should really have had a couple. Don't get me wrong it's not the best game I've been too but I walked away thinking it was alright. 

Aye I agree with all of this.

I thought our performance was utterly average at best and eminently unacceptable.

I felt we were laboured and slow and aimless. Our play was plodding and predictable and uninspired.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I thought our performance was utterly average at best and eminently unacceptable.

I felt we were laboured and slow and aimless. Our play was plodding and predictable and uninspired.

I wasn't at the game but surely on such a tight pitch its much harder to have fast dynamic play as there simply isn't the room to exploit however possession based football especially against a part time team should wear them down and present opportunities which we took luckily.

Another weird game - some nice passages of play from us but mostly turgid pish, and we should have conceded at least once from the two chances created by Alloa in the first half; the Devine cock-up the 15 year old DA Baracus missed then the shot that Robinson knew nothing about. Alloa never created too much apart from that but for all our possession we didn't create too many clear openings in the first half. It looked like being a drab 0-0 in the second half but a cracking shot by Longridge and we got away with the three points. Thought Ryan should have been replace rather than Keena as we know Ryan and el Bak don't work together. How Ryan missed the open goal after rounding the keeper is beyond me. Some poor refereeing today, not helped by Zanatta diving at least twice (although in fairness it was spotted the second time and he got a justified booking) although some of our fans were going apeshit at Hippolyte being booked when he went in on his man with both feet off the ground which was quite amusing. Not a great view either in the wee gazebo since the touchline was so far away and it only had a few rows. At least the half time cuppa was hot. Looks like it's a 3 way battle between Alloa, Falkirk and Partick for the bottom 2 spots. I can see the 2 "big" teams improving in January, but I think Goodwin has rung as much out of Alloa as he can.

Genuinely, when the highlights come out I think people will appreciate more just how many chances we had, Connolly should have scored, Ryan could have had a couple etc. 

If that'd been 4-1 then Alloa couldn't have many complaints tbf, despite that I had Ryan as one of our better players and as a whole it was just a competent performance, not fantastic, not awful, but good enough. 

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Were you the guy complaining 10 seconds into the second half?

If you think anything about winning away from home in this league and keeping a clean sheet is "unacceptable" then you're probably an absolute dafty.

As Grant pointed out, we forced Parry into a number of saves. Connolly and Ryan should each have scored.

Didn't have the best view of our goal - in fact, I thought the shot had been blocked at first, so will be good to see that again on the highlights.

I also thought we did pretty well defensively for the most part. Even Devine had a good game IMO. Ashcroft's block was vital and Robinson dealt with everything comfortably. Another clean sheet as well, which is incredible considering everyone assures me he's pish...

A really good Pars following through for the match. I know it's not much of a trip but we've not been great recently so was happy to see that.

Anyway, a most welcome three points and another win against Falkirk would start to see us moving in the right direction again.

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Were you the guy complaining 10 seconds into the second half?

If you think anything about winning away from home in this league and keeping a clean sheet is "unacceptable" then you're probably an absolute dafty.

No. Of course the result wasn't unacceptable.

I feel though that a performance of a similar standard will not cut it against better teams and will see us lose more games.

you guys have improved since the last encounter between the teams, you got a good result , we comfortably held Dundee U , Caley thistle, and beat partick at the recs, The falkik result was a really poor performance from us aside. some of you are right in that we are playing at our max most of the time  but we can also strengthen in January as well ..

As for the game  we should have buried two chances in the first half and had a poor second half but IMO your performance was better than most I have seen here 

and you deserved the points.

17 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I thought that was pretty acceptable tbh, we could and probably should have scored a couple more and were well worth our win in the end. 

What game were you watching are you on crack 

Archived