Resolver.co.uk for flight compensation claims

Waspy

Has anyone had any experience of using resolver to make flight delay compensation claims?

Never used them but done it myself a few years ago with wizzair. Just sent them an email with the flight details and how long it was delayed etc and told them I was seeking compensation and quoted the piece of legislation that sets out the compensation and got it no bother.

2 hours ago, spud131 said:
2 hours ago, Waspy said:

Has anyone had any experience of using resolver to make flight delay compensation claims?

Never used them but done it myself a few years ago with wizzair. Just sent them an email with the flight details and how long it was delayed etc and told them I was seeking compensation and quoted the piece of legislation that sets out the compensation and got it no bother.

Unfortunately with Tui its not as easy as that. They do everything in their power to avoid paying. Resolver were not much cop to be honest.

Which airline is it? Quite a few will demand you use their own system and give you short shrift if you use Resolver.

I've reclaimed from Norwegian who were brilliant and easyJet who were not. I tried using Resolver with easyJet but it was hopeless, you're most likely better off just taking it straight to the relevant dispute resolution body - although I'm not sure if you're allowed to do this without at least trying through the airline - for easyJet it's CEDR and you have to pay a £25 fee if you lose but it may be worth it depending on your claim - mine was a 10 hour delay for 6 people so more than worthwhile taking the gamble and the process although slow was at least independent. 

Thomas Cook were pretty straightforward, I got 400 Euros  (GBP equiv) paid straight to my Bank account within 10 days after filling out their online form on their website.

Which airline is it? Quite a few will demand you use their own system and give you short shrift if you use Resolver.
I've reclaimed from Norwegian who were brilliant and easyJet who were not. I tried using Resolver with easyJet but it was hopeless, you're most likely better off just taking it straight to the relevant dispute resolution body - although I'm not sure if you're allowed to do this without at least trying through the airline - for easyJet it's CEDR and you have to pay a £25 fee if you lose but it may be worth it depending on your claim - mine was a 10 hour delay for 6 people so more than worthwhile taking the gamble and the process although slow was at least independent. 

It's with Ryanair (I know I have more chance of a ride with Kelly Brook).

On 03/11/2018 at 21:50, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Everything ive read suggests Ryanair do all they can to not pay out.

I was delayed 7 hours from Beziers a few months ago and got a payout from Ryanair. £225 or something for a £20 flight. I think as long as you fill the form in on their site etc they will pay out as per the law, but the random "Geez ma cash!!!!!!!" emails will no doubt be ignored.

• 2 weeks later...

Over 3 hours late in departing with Easyjet. Unfortunately, it arrived just under 3 hours late and that is what they judge it on. It's no surprise that many flights arrive early as the airlines stretch out the estimated time of arrival for just this reason.

I remember as a kid, Air 2000 used to quote the Glasgow-Malaga flight as 3 hours. Easyjet now quote it as 3.5.

It's something that Ryanair started to use so they could play that stupid jingle claiming another flight was on time, and all the other airlines picked it up.

Archived