Big Derby at weekend

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

The Inverness Ultras are going to be incandescent with rage at a former ICT player showing a sense of humour.  This could be a powderkeg atmosphere now.  

They're too busy abusing our own players at the minute to worry about the opposition.

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Wonder if Polworth will be happy it's opposition fans abusing him again?

Suspect he'll be more concerned whether SK and SF instruct the County players to hack him down to stop him dominating the midfield TBH.

Now that County seem to have figured out their strongest starting XI I am a bit fearful for this game. Whilst we did well in the last derby and perhaps could have grabbed a win I think with RC starting to find some serious form and us still unable to win a game I'd be very surprised if we managed to bag three points on Saturday.

I'd love to see Oakley back in the line up for this one but I suspect he'll be on the bench again and will come on if we are trailing. Austin hasn't done much of note at all for us when coming on for White who hasn't been great either but has still managed to get the odd goal whilst missing some glaring chances. At least at the back we are reasonably solid although Dunfermline got in behind our full backs (especially Rooney) a lot on Tuesday night. Suspect we will see the following line up from ICT:

Ridgers
Rooney Mckay Donaldson Calder (Tremarco)
Welsh Trafford
Walsh Polworth Doran
White

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Suspect he'll be more concerned whether SK and SF instruct the County players to hack him down to stop him dominating the midfield TBH.

Hopefully they do. It's quite nice not being the side kicked off the park in the derby games now.

It's also quite nice being the biggest fixture in this division. It's the only genuine derby (and as such, the only game with any deep meaning to supporters) in the league, as well as being the biggest derby in Scotland*. 

Whilst I'm hopeful of County completely dismantling ICT, I'm concerned over a few things:

(a) are County actually going to be able to play something resembling the strongest XI?;

(b) isn't our record in Inverness absolutely abysmal? It feels like it is;

(c) ICT are effectively a goal up already through the inevitable Aaron Doran wondergoal 

So, aye, I'm hoping for a merciless rout over a team that looks - on paper - to be an absolute rabble. But I'm wary that, given the events of Tuesday night, County will find a way not to win against an ICT team that - despite looking like (on paper) an absolute rabble - are obviously very difficult to beat and clearly have the mindset to recover from going behind.

*by geographic area

1 hour ago, yoda said:

(b) isn't our record in Inverness absolutely abysmal? It feels like it is;

Apparently you have just five wins over us in the league. Didn't realise it was quite so bad.  Not sure how accurate this is but this is where I got it from.

http://www.fitbastats.com/invernessct/team_head2head.php?opposition=169&from=18&to=148&update=Update

Archived