Edinburgh City v Clyde

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, HughieMc said:

Take that as an apology to the lad then and it’s “ tongue in cheek” ........and that post was nothing other than abusive to a committed young footballer, nothing humerous there at all-when he gets his chance at CB - his natural position- judge him then- for now lay off with shitty comments- it’s not constructive

This is pie and bovril, what else are you actually expecting? 

I dont think Lang was as good as you made him out to be regarding his headers + that was a bloody stupid tackle for the second yellow that even some school boys wouldn't make less than 10 minutes after a first yellow.

Yes he's not a full back and I would like to see him paired with McNiff at CB. But the stick he was getting on here was justified after last Saturday IMO. And haufdaft is correct, any player who cant take some stick/abuse off of fans is playing the wrong sport. 

IIRC we haven't lost to Edinburgh away? And I am going tomorrow which means 2-1 City. 

Come on Clyde get ripped into these city slickers, give the fans what they deserve a sand in the eyes boring 0-0 draw with the main talking point how both teams ended up with 8 men on the park. City are in danger of turning into this seasons Montrose churning out wins regardless of how they play. Whatever the outcome there is a long way to go but a more important game for Clyde I think.

Based on the last 2-3 games all that can be said is pish. 

Goody anonymous against Peterhead.

Lang out of depth at Right back (can't fault his effort nor for being played out of position)

McStay looks uninterested

For tomorrow the players need to take a long look at themselves and decide if they can be arsed mounting a title challenge but currently even the play offs is starting to look shaky now. Play like last week again and it'll be a repeat if not worse. I'd like to see Lamont start and even maybe Boyle with cogill in the back 4.

Play like we know we can (Stirling away, 2nd half at Berwick) then i can see us taking all 3 points from this. Edinburgh are flying right now and will take some stopping even with that dirty pedophile in their team.

8 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Only positive, constructive criticism allowed in P&B now.

T̶h̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶G̶o̶d̶ ̶S̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶H̶i̶g̶g̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶S̶c̶o̶t̶t̶ ̶M̶c̶L̶a̶u̶g̶h̶l̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶C̶l̶y̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶g̶o̶.̶

they were attempting to play in their usual positions- 

Guest Landan Spiv
9 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

I have seen plenty evidence that he is, including a criminal conviction for grooming TWO 12 year old girls so I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree then.

Did you get that "evidence" from the tabloids and then make an assumption based on what was written by a journalist(s) or have you actually spoken to anyone over this way who knows the true facts of the case? 

Was there not dick pics involved? Did he also not plead guilty?

Since we are on this line, I’m assuming you have evidence the crown prosecution service were not given in order to class someone as a rapist that never stood in front of a jury at a criminal trial?

Good news for us if Laird is out along with Handling. If Balatoni was to step on a plug this morning that would be helpful. Don’t want him seriously injured. Just enough to put him out of today’s match.

they were attempting to play in their usual positions- 

I thought we shouldn't be criticising ANY players on P&B in case they get upset.

Perhaps this rule only applies to your favourites.

Who knows, Lang might become a favourite of mine ............at centre half

41 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I thought we shouldn't be criticising ANY players on P&B in case they get upset.

Perhaps this rule only applies to your favourites.

Who knows, Lang might become a favourite of mine ............at centre half

You’re hysterical mate.....lol

What a target for any footballer- to be YOUR favourite...

Big game today for Clyde; Edinburgh have mpressed me both times I've seen them play.

Be interesting to see who Lennon selects to start today? In contrast to pre season he now  has an abundance of forward players to utilise. 

Twice we've played Edinburgh at home and both times they have been by far the better team.

They are top of the league on merit, playing good football.

We've lost form and City seem to be going from strength to strength.

A draw will be an excellent result for Clyde.

We really need Goodwillie back to his best, ragdolling opposition defenders.

Did you get that "evidence" from the tabloids and then make an assumption based on what was written by a journalist(s) or have you actually spoken to anyone over this way who knows the true facts of the case? 
He plead guilty to grooming two teenagers and was put on the sex offenders register for 5 years. If he was innocent then why would he plead guilty?

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Twice we've played Edinburgh at home and both times they have been by far the better team.

They are top of the league on merit, playing good football.

We've lost form and City seem to be going from strength to strength.

A draw will be an excellent result for Clyde.

We really need Goodwillie back to his best, ragdolling opposition defenders.

5 statements- none that can be contradicted- but also none that demonstrate an insightful opinion on Clyde- Edinburgh City or football in general- 

Enjoy the game today- maybe see you there- you’ll be the one chuckling at his own humour and with the halo over your head.

If Danny Handling is out that could make a massive difference. Will Edinburgh play someone in the same role or change formation slightly?

Our biggest problem in the two games against City this season was Handling playing exactly where Grant tries to pick up the ball.  It left us clueless in how to play out from the back and we started punting aimless long balls at Goodwillie.

Guest TOPFITTER

The door can be closed when he justifies his statement and acknowledges his club captain is a nonce.

POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK, scenario,
Clyde (Rpist,Rcist, 2-1 Paedo) Edinburgh would take that as real result.

5 statements- none that can be contradicted- but also none that demonstrate an insightful opinion on Clyde- Edinburgh City or football in general- 
Enjoy the game today- maybe see you there- you’ll be the one chuckling at his own humour and with the halo over your head.
You're a bore.

That's another statement that cannot be contradicted.

I'll attempt some insightful opinion.

Hopefully with a decent rightback in the team we'll be able to keep the ball in play more often and create more going forward.

With 11 men on the park and no stupid sending offs we have a better chance of actually picking up some points.

How's that?

Archived