Edinburgh City v Clyde

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Catering very good macaroni pie was superb and the staff excellent my boy who was standing at the end nearest the catering said they handed out free sausage rolls they couldn't sell nice one emoji106.png 

I know where i’ll be standing next time through there...

3 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Disgusting trying to sweep it under the carpet. If you sign a convicted nonce and make him captain then he is going to get abuse. If you want to avoid that, don’t sign him.

That old boy was a disgrace, threatening to throw people out for freedom of speech, then scuttling off quick when challenged and surrounding himself with stewards.

Perhaps your (Clyde fans) reputation goes before you. Whether that reputation is warranted is not for me to decide but you do have a reputation. 

I did feel sorry for the wee fat boy who couldn't get back in after going for a smoke  because he'd lost his match ticket.  I thought about speaking up for him but it probably wouldn't have done much good. 

Now, did you write to Newtongrange Star and Kelty Hearts when Thomson was playing for them registering your disgust? I doubt it. If he was shite would be moaning so much? I doubt it. Have you ever made a donation to Children 1st to help child victims? I doubt it. And before you get on your high horse and ride up to the high moral ground I attend a quiz every year with a couple of pals that raises a fair amount for Children 1st. Perhaps you should put your money where your mouth is: 

https://www.children1st.org.uk/donate/

Apart from that Clyde played well, looked the better team and this is maybe a signficant result when promotion is decided at the end of the year. 

10 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

They did the same when we there recently.

A blazer trying to ban people cos they were critical of Edinburgh City and of Thomson. 

It’s always funny. When a tiny group of under 30’s start singing at the football it attracts a mass of stewards. Whilst the old bloke was threatening to throw people out for shouting at Thomson, the opposite side of the stand were doing the same to Goodwillie but obviously missed because he brought all but two to the far side. It was even worse in our 3-0 last season. A ground I really dislike visiting and for that reason I really hope we get promoted or Spartans stay down. f**k going there four times a season. 

Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, Karpaty said:

It’s always funny. When a tiny group of under 30’s start singing at the football it attracts a mass of stewards. Whilst the old bloke was threatening to throw people out for shouting at Thomson, the opposite side of the stand were doing the same to Goodwillie but obviously missed because he brought all but two to the far side. It was even worse in our 3-0 last season. A ground I really dislike visiting and for that reason I really hope we get promoted or Spartans stay down. f**k going there four times a season. 

The stewards are just as much arseholes to us as they are to away fans. They think they are at a premier league game. Absolutely rotten company are Security Scotland and the stewards we have at the monent at Ainslie Park are the worst bunch ive ever seen. Im a season ticket holddr and i was accused at the gate of being aggressive towards them when all I was doing was trying to get back in the ground to my seat(they know my face there was no need to ask me to produce my season ticket) The clyde fan who was refused re entry annoyed me as well. There were only about 10 clyde and city fans combined that went for a ciggy at half time, surely theyre really not that thick to know who went out the gate that needs letting back in with such low numbers. They are an absolute disgrace this season, thats 3 run ins a few of us have had with them already now for really minimal things. The steward that was near us kept looking up at us laughing every time we missed a chance to try and get a reaction. Was spotted several times doing that. Apologies to Clyde fans about the stewards, theres a few of us that can't stick em either 

7 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

The stewards are just as much arseholes to us as they are to away fans. They think they are at a premier league game. Absolutely rotten company are Security Scotland and the stewards we have at the monent at Ainslie Park are the worst bunch ive ever seen. Im a season ticket holddr and i was accused at the gate of being aggressive towards them when all I was doing was trying to get back in the ground to my seat(they know my face there was no need to ask me to produce my season ticket) The clyde fan who was refused re entry annoyed me as well. There were only about 10 clyde and city fans combined that went for a ciggy at half time, surely theyre really not that thick to know who went out the gate that needs letting back in with such low numbers. They are an absolute disgrace this season, thats 3 run ins a few of us have had with them already now for really minimal things. The steward that was near us kept looking up at us laughing every time we missed a chance to try and get a reaction. Was spotted several times doing that. Apologies to Clyde fans about the stewards, theres a few of us that can't stick em either 

Sadly you aren’t the only club who has them (not came across that company before though). Clyde have had their fair share of arseholes in the past but bizarrely, G4S who we have now, have been very good. 

Perhaps your (Clyde fans) reputation goes before you. Whether that reputation is warranted is not for me to decide but you do have a reputation. 
I did feel sorry for the wee fat boy who couldn't get back in after going for a smoke  because he'd lost his match ticket.  I thought about speaking up for him but it probably wouldn't have done much good. 
Now, did you write to Newtongrange Star and Kelty Hearts when Thomson was playing for them registering your disgust? I doubt it. If he was shite would be moaning so much? I doubt it. Have you ever made a donation to Children 1st to help child victims? I doubt it. And before you get on your high horse and ride up to the high moral ground I attend a quiz every year with a couple of pals that raises a fair amount for Children 1st. Perhaps you should put your money where your mouth is: 
https://www.children1st.org.uk/donate/
Apart from that Clyde played well, looked the better team and this is maybe a signficant result when promotion is decided at the end of the year. 

If donating to child charities soothes your conscience on supporting a team captained by a paedo then you batter on mate.

What I said was disgusting was your club officials threatening away fans with eviction for shouting ‘beast’ at him, not foul or abusive language is it? Sorry we didn’t give your paedophile captain a nice peaceful afternoon.

He is shite btw.

And finally if it’s all the big bad Clyde fans why did a Cowdenbeath fan post similar in this very thread?

It’s bad enough (but perhaps justifiable) signing him, it’s worse that he is your captain and it’s far worse that your club is trying to censor comments against him.

Well yesterday he had 10 players in their preferred position in a system that worked for them last season, so that helps.  If Stewart is still carrying an injury then that's understandable, otherwise IMO you add him and that's probably our best back 4

Still think there'll be scope to play a 3-5-2 against teams likelier to sit in against us when width is vital to break them down, but for now it's about building consistency and confidence.  That in turn should hopefully start to see them get their goalscoring touch back, so the lads have earned their starting position for next week. 

Stirling are probably better than their current league position, had a good result yesterday, boost of a new manager, so it'll take the same performance level to get the 3 points against them.  If we do, every chance we could go on a decent run at a crucial stage of the season

Was a much better performance yesterday. Every player put in a shift and we looked much more organised than recent weeks.

I was pleased to see Cogill in the line up and if Stewart is still unfit then Grant is the player to stick a left back. Was worried he might have put Rankin there.

I thought Edinburgh looked very ordinary and didn't really trouble us. I'm guessing that Laird and Handling were a big miss as they looked much better at Broadwood. To me it looks like they have a good starting XI but not much on the bench to replace any injured players.

The constant high balls was easy to defend against. Nicol won most of the high balls in midfield and Cogill and Mcniff dealt with anything coming there way. The Norwegian boy looks like he could be a very good player once fully fit. Goodwillie was back to his best partly due to some decent service from midfield. His shooting was a bit off compared to his usual high standards.

First time visiting Spartans ground since Edinburgh moved there and much preferred the old Meadowbank stadium. Not a great view from the wee stand and some of the stewards were way over the top. The Edinburgh director using them as his own personal guard to bully fans was ridiculous too.

What are Edinburgh's plans ground wise? I believe Edinburgh Rugby are trying to build a stadium next to Murrayfield. Would a groundshare be on the cards?

Was a much better performance yesterday. Every player put in a shift and we looked much more organised than recent weeks.

I was pleased to see Cogill in the line up and if Stewart is still unfit then Grant is the player to stick a left back. Was worried he might have put Rankin there.

I thought Edinburgh looked very ordinary and didn't really trouble us. I'm guessing that Laird and Handling were a big miss as they looked much better at Broadwood. To me it looks like they have a good starting XI but not much on the bench to replace any injured players.

The constant high balls was easy to defend against. Nicol won most of the high balls in midfield and Cogill and Mcniff dealt with anything coming there way. The Norwegian boy looks like he could be a very good player once fully fit. Goodwillie was back to his best partly due to some decent service from midfield. His shooting was a bit off compared to his usual high standards.

First time visiting Spartans ground since Edinburgh moved there and much preferred the old Meadowbank stadium. Not a great view from the wee stand and some of the stewards were way over the top. The Edinburgh director using them as his own personal guard to bully fans was ridiculous too.

What are Edinburgh's plans ground wise? I believe Edinburgh Rugby are trying to build a stadium next to Murrayfield. Would a groundshare be on the cards?
The guy had a Spartans jacket on ? Maybe he is in charge of the ground when the two Edinburgh officials appeared earlier they never said anything bit bizarre

The guy had a Spartans jacket on ? Maybe he is in charge of the ground when the two Edinburgh officials appeared earlier they never said anything bit bizarre

I thought this initially too but it wasn’t a Spartans badge, it was a red football with some other lettering on. Looked like a Spartans badge from a distance. The guy also had an Edinburgh city tie on.

Not that anyone cares the stewards when we were at Edinburgh City were great. A wee bit of agro at the end (same guy in the Edinburgh City tie perhaps?) and they just diffused it and had a laugh. 
Correct nobody cares

17 hours ago, David W said:

with Edinburgh/Peterhead not playing the day we go to Elgin, there's a chance for us to make up some points over the next fortnight. There's lots of winnable games and it's two months until we play either of the top two again. We don't actually play Edinburgh again until March?! 

Thank god for that!!!  

Best post I've read this weekend!

Who was number 4 for Edinburgh?  Dirty wee b*****d. Had a bit of handbags wi Lamont, mouthing off and trying to get a reaction, blowing kisses at him. Then had an attempted punch at Grant when they locked arms. Giving the fans the finger when he was getting a bit of stick.  Thinks he's summit when he's clearly not and can't handle it when things don't go his way...

Archived