Stirling Albion v Berwick

It’s the story of 2 new gaffers at Forthbank on Saturday. KR & Johnny Harvey suffered defeats in their first league matches for their new teams, but with Berwick earning 3 Red Cards against Cowdenbeath, Harvey probably has the bigger headache for this game.

Without knowing too much about the current Berwick squad, at a quick glance it would appear that they will have something of a makeshift backline in place for Saturday.

That could be music to KR’s ears as The Albion once again looked toothless in front of goal against Edinburgh City and with only 6 goals to our name this season, you don’t have to look too hard to find where our problems lie.

A good section of the home support left Forthbank last Saturday, optimistic that KR could turn this season around as there were arguably noticeable differences in the performance. This could be down to “the new manager bounce” that is often reported, or maybe the fact that some players were played in positions they were familiar with and Darren Barr was back in amongst the squad and put in a MOTM performance. Who knows, maybe a everything was a factor.

Darren Smith was on the bench without making an appearance last week, so it was good to see that he’s not a million miles away from a return. Although his and Barr’s injury record is poor, there is no doubt that both players have been missed and would play a big part in performances.

Must admit, I’m looking forward to the game. KR will need time to get it right here, but picking up 3 points on Saturday would be a good foundation to build on with Berwick being on the same amount of points total as ourselves.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this Saturday should see the first victory for the Albion under KR against a Berwick side level with us on points but having a worst goal difference record. 

As you say looks like we will be facing a weakened Berwick defence after they had 3 players sent off last week at home. 

Need to win this one and I fancy us to come away with the 3 points.  Dylan Mackin to open his account for us on Saturday. :)

Prediction Albion 2 Berwick 0   

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

looks like we will be facing a weakened Berwick defence

Weakened? It was already weakened by injury for the game v Cowden!

3 sent off - all Centre-halves. 

The gaffer has arranged a game tonight v Penicuik, presumably hoping to find out if anyone else can play at the back. 

However..... Might just be the shake up some of the team need and in such adverse circumstances they could just play with a lot more nothing-to-lose freedom. 

1-3 away win. 

1 hour ago, A Believer said:

A turgid 0-0; if only one of us could have held on to Blair the hair.

Na, I'm still glad to see the back of him. Last week just reminded me how frustrating a player he is. I know he's doing well on the goal front at Edinburgh but honestly, they are welcomed to him in my eyes.

52 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Na, I'm still glad to see the back of him. Last week just reminded me how frustrating a player he is. I know he's doing well on the goal front at Edinburgh but honestly, they are welcomed to him in my eyes.

Aye, of course you are. Just admit you got it wrong.

In his defence, he scores goals wherever he has played and when i last saw him , he looked a lot leaner and more mobile but everyone seems to slate him.  Berwick,  Annan and Stirling fans all gave him pelters  yet he's now playing for the runaway league leaders and scoring for fun, wonder what they Smokies think of him? 

In his defence, he scores goals wherever he has played and when i last saw him , he looked a lot leaner and more mobile but everyone seems to slate him.  Berwick,  Annan and Stirling fans all gave him pelters  yet he's now playing for the runaway league leaders and scoring for fun, wonder what they Smokies think of him? 

.....and great on him Dougster, honestly. Said it on here a thousand times, I wish the guy no harm, and it’s good to see him do well. It’s just on Saturday, he reminded me of just how frustrating I found him when he played for us.

Anyway, no more about Henderson from me.

So we have a new keeper, maybe a centre-half would have been more the ticket. JH obviously doesn’t rate the Hibs boy. Onward and upward

Hopefully the Albion forwards give him some target practice on Saturday and hopefully he gets to remove a couple from in the net.

18 hours ago, dougster said:

Only time I will defend that lanky mop, the football we played then didn't suit Henderson. For a big guy he could not win a header to save himself. So our quite remarkable hoofball did not suit him and he deservedly got pelters. His obsession with us is hilarious though. 

Onto the game, looking forward to it. Hopefully we finally get a win. 

Wow.........fuckin’ wow!!

That’s the best First Half we have played this season and we were also pretty dam good in the second half also.

I spoke last week of leaving Forthbank and being optimistic, I also said I believe the KR would be the man to turn the season around, after today, I standby it.

I thought we were excellent today, from back to front. I thought Jardine, McLaughlin & Docherty were wonderful in Midfield and link up with some fantastic football.

Mackin up front.....the sooner we get him off his amateur deal and only a proper deal the better. He’s the Striker we have missed since Jordon White, powerful, mobile and the way he got in front of the Defender proves he also has an eye for goal.

Well done to McIndoe as well, his delivery into the box was first class, he looked like a player that would also be an asset at this level. When he came up, his reaction to KR and Hardie would suggest that he is very much wanted by them both, and he enjoyed the outing. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

I just can’t fault anyone today, and if we can keep the performance levels to the last 2 weeks, then the only way is up. Absolutely wonderful.

What’s this feeling of optimism, it’s been a while [emoji7]

Good win today against Berwick who to be fair to them had their chances but luck was not on their side today. 2 missed penalties but to be fair to the Berwick keeper he pulled off a great save for the 1st penalty then brings down the Albion player following the rebound and the ref awards a 2nd penalty but we manage to blast it off the bar ! 

Mackin as I predicted got off the mark today with the 2nd goal and hopefully we can get him signed up for the rest of the season as he clearly looks like somebody who can do a job for us up front. 

Hopefully we can move on from here and start to get up this League. 2 difficult away games to come at Clyde and Annan, can we carry on from today and get something from these games that would be great. 

Couldn't give two fucks about Blair Henderson tbh, or the jobbies cup

On 02/11/2018 at 17:12, dougster said:

In his defence, he scores goals wherever he has played and when i last saw him , he looked a lot leaner and more mobile but everyone seems to slate him.  Berwick,  Annan and Stirling fans all gave him pelters  yet he's now playing for the runaway league leaders and scoring for fun, wonder what they Smokies think of him? 

Always check the table before posting.

Archived