Ayrshire Junior Football history Facebook page

TFW

Along with Irvine Meadow fan, Gordon McCreath, we've set up a new Facebook page to record the history of the Junior game in Ayrshire as the game here evolves. We would like to hear your tales of matches, league and or cup campaigns, memorabilia you might have,  personalities in the game - both on and off the pitch as we hope this will become a living history of the Ayrshire Junior game. There is a wealth of history out there and we hope this venture will prove beneficial for fans in the present but for future generations as well.

Please pop in and have a look.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/665877687146752/?ref=group_header

It's great to see the stuff that's been put on so far. We have journalists, heritage sites, museums, ex players and refs, and more importantly the fans contributing to make it a great site. We never expected it to grow so quick.

For me, so far, the pick of the bunch has to be the 1925 Saltcoats Victoria Junior Cup winning china spittoon!

4 hours ago, TFW said:

For me, so far, the pick of the bunch has to be the 1925 Saltcoats Victoria Junior Cup winning china spittoon!

My favourite was finding out the true story behind Ted O'Rourke's "I retaliated first" story. I always thought that was his own defence - I never realised it was the Ayrshire beaks that decided it.

Archived