Airdrieonians FC v. Forfar FC

Thought the first half we actually competed well, Millar played well in the middle of the park and actually Wilkie done OK wider right, we restricted Forfar quite well, without REALLY threatening McCallums goal either apart from one "stramash" in the Forfar box which we eventually put over.
The second half was absolutely dreadful, we never showed up and Forfar did, simple.
They passed it well through a pedestrian midfield and back line that would make the Pompeii victims look quick. Cracking strike for the goal and I felt sorry for Hutton to concede after 3 or 4 really important saves in the game.
He was the only one that deserved an applause today, that lot in a diamond are absolutely rank.
I can totally see why East on brings a lot of seethe out of opposition fans, he's a fantastic player with the ball at his feet but that was a few times he threw himself to the ground today only to get no joy out of the ref (rightly so).
That ref was dire as well, I'm all for keeping cards in the pocket, but when the same folk foul 3 and 4 times, its a yellow card.
When a man goes past someone and he's hauled down to prevent an attack, its a yellow card.
He also missed a blatant Forfar penalty about a minute before the goal, so it kind of evened out in that sense.

Having watched this dire performance I cannot believe that our supposedly well paid players get away with 2 training sessions a week. Findlay has a lot to answer for. In the last 20 minutes our players were moving like carthorses while Forfar cut us to shreds.  Robertson (who wasn’t the worst) was up in attack and took a couple of minutes to puff his way back to his own half. If it wasn’t for Hutton we would have been hammered.

Maybe Murray can’t make them better players but surely he can make them fitter.

I did think it would be tight but yet again I agree with others that we seem incapable of scoring at home and defending remains erratic. Why do we persist in side ways passing, often behind the player which takes us no where. A couple of goal mouth stramashes/a really good chance for Wilkie in first half  led me to think that we might edge ahead in second half. Forfar simply started it better and persisted in quick moves, as their front three gave our defenders the run around. Baird's goal was a cracker and well deserved after many openings, largely stopped by Hutton. Gallagher vanished in the second half leaving Millar on his own. I thought Wilkie did not deserve to go off and  Scott Stewart did little to improve it. Hard as he worked Duffy gave away the ball for a good counter attack which led to the goal. I only recollect one great Robertson run in the second half  but his cross was poor. We also seem unable to pass any incisive pass whilst Forfar did. This is Findlay's follies but if we don't get sorted soon we will be bottom. To think that we win at Montrose and now they are above us is bizarre. The Referee was gash as he has been on the several occasions I have seen Mr Napier. Carrick brought down in a counter attack well inside their half and no Yellow Card nor even a word?  If this is what high intensity training does then I vote for passing lessons instead. 

I thought there was a decent bit of banter yesterday as well between a few guys in the crowd and Jim Weir. Just shows you can give a bit out and take some back without anyone being assaulted.

Don't think anyone has any coins to throw, what with that extortionate 16 quid entry fee we have [emoji12]

6 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Some hit by Baird. Hopefully that quietens the people calling for him to be dropped :)

He should have been dropped or changed role, he was a  passenger for a number of games, simple as that.  His performances didn't warrant a starting spot.

Surely that's how you would hope it works?  Otherwise, Bain would still be right wing back and Wilson in the middle of defence and we would have unlikely picked up 9 points in 3 games.

6 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

He should have been dropped or changed role, he was a  passenger for a number of games, simple as that.  His performances didn't warrant a starting spot.

Surely that's how you would hope it works?  Otherwise, Bain would still be right wing back and Wilson in the middle of defence and we would have unlikely picked up 9 points in 3 games.

Baird was like that with us.   He single handedly won 6 games,  anonymous or worse in 30, and relegated us with his hissy fit primadonna penalty drama.

Archived