Liam Henderson

King Kebab

9 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

16th in Serie B. It's the equivalent of a loan move to Luton.

Not a great level but doubt very much it's any worse than bottom end SPFL.  Empoli clearly are on a big downword curve but Luton would probably fair well against the likes of Hamilton etc?

Edited by leomessi1984

18 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
On 19/01/2020 at 12:14, leomessi1984 said:
Still a decent level although not enough for a look in for the national team.  Think Empoli lost a few key players to Milan & Napoli and are now struggling. Probably the equivalant of playing for an Aberdeen back here now.

Aberdeen would beat Empoli ffs

I see we have an expert.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Comes on as a 67th min sub for Lecce against Vicenza while losing 0-1. Gets 2 assists in 70th and 72nd mins to make it 2-1.

Been doing well over there, usually starts.  Hopefully he can get promoted with them this season and be playing regularly in Seria A next season.  He's an example to Scottish kids, wish more of them would do that.

• 7 months later...

He got the last 20 minutes for Empoli against Lazio tonight and played fairly well. Coming on at 3-1 down is tough but he looked to get forward whenever he could and was always looking for the ball. Didn't give it away once. Looks as though he's bulked up a wee bit aswell. Hopefully he can get more game time 

• 2 months later...

Seemed to play quite well yesterday from the highlights, had a hand in both Empoli goals and has had a decent run of games this season where he is beginning to establish himself in the team. Wouldn't object to seeing him included in the next squad to be honest and maybe have a look at him in the Denmark game if we beat Moldova.

Equally, if Steve Clarke wants to wait a bit longer and see if he can maintain his form then I'd understand that too.

Edited by 2426255

On 01/11/2021 at 14:56, Zazu said:

Absolutely love the boy, but I can't see him getting in the next squad. 

We're too well stocked for centre midfielders at the moment. 

Is Lewis Ferguson better than him?I seriously doubt it myself,would absolutely love to know what Ferguson can do better than Henderson as as a footballer or vice versa 

Personally think we are missing a trick here and I'm not the only one

On 01/11/2021 at 05:56, 2426255 said:

Seemed to play quite well yesterday from the highlights, had a hand in both Empoli goals and has had a decent run of games this season where he is beginning to establish himself in the team. Wouldn't object to seeing him included in the next squad to be honest and maybe have a look at him in the Denmark game if we beat Moldova.

Equally, if Steve Clarke wants to wait a bit longer and see if he can maintain his form then I'd understand that too.

Thing is with the top leagues,he could get dropped easier and not play for months 

We might not get to bring him in playing and on form,then everyone will be shouting why are we capping guys that aren't playing for there clubs again 

I think now was his time,unless in next nations league games we are gonna see 5 or 6 guys who are chapping at the door that he can't ignore?

On 02/11/2021 at 21:24, General dissaray said:

Is Lewis Ferguson better than him?I seriously doubt it myself,would absolutely love to know what Ferguson can do better than Henderson as as a footballer or vice versa 

Personally think we are missing a trick here and I'm not the only one

That's a good point, Henderson is obviously playing at a higher level and is at a better stage in his career than Ferguson. 

I feel like Ferguson is currently in the squad for if we need to add some energy and physicality into the midfield off the bench, to come on and play a pressing ball winning role similar to Ryan Jack. 

I think Ferguson is better at this role than Hendo. Henderson is definitely better going forward but we are very well stocked for attacking central midfielders. I know he has played more box to box in Italy a few times, but his best performances for hibs came as a 10 and I know he's been playing there in Italy as well a lot of the time.