Rovers Rovers v Brechin City

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outstanding forward play from Nisbet. Barely even a half chance; about 40 yards from goal with two defenders in the way. As soon as he got the ball I always felt that he was going to score. Anything happens to him and we are in a whole pile of shit.

Outstanding forward play from Nisbet. Barely even a half chance; about 40 yards from goal with two defenders in the way. As soon as he got the ball I always felt that he was going to score. Anything happens to him and we are in a whole pile of shit.

So aye, this.

Brechin are an absolute gang. Guy they brought on that cracked the bar looked a decent player though.

Milne is a waste of a shirt. Stevenson and Smith contributed more in far less time. Buchanan worked hard today and had a reasonable game. Nisbet really is some boy though. We would be fucked without him.

Jack Smith should start next week in place of Buchanan. He has such a good touch whereas Buchanan is like playing a man down. Also, Ryan Stevenson in, Lewis Milne out. The number of times Milne gave the ball away it was like playing another man down.

Nine man Rovers 2-1 Brechin City. :)

Well deserved win over the piece. Glad McGlynn kept us pressing on to get a second. Its safe to agree Nisbet is streets ahead of any other forward in the league. As Hank Scorpio said, as soon as he got on the ball for the first, you knew he could make something even when he was 40 yards out but with two centre backs left to win. The worry is that teams target him like Montrose did to Vaughan.

For Rovers, I felt that Matthews was utterly superb and was chasing about winning everything today. It was all the more important given Nat's early booking. Aside from that, there were a lot of really solid performance.

A special mention for Ryan Stevenson and Jack Smith. Stevenson buzzed about the pitch, happy to get on the ball, and should be ahead of Milne in the pecking order based on the last few games. I only saw Smith at Coatbridge in the first game there last season, but he showed some excellent movement and had some lovely link up play with Our Lord and Saviour Kevin Nisbet up up. He was really unselfish to lay the ball off to Nizzy when he hit the bar.

I was worried Brechin might snatch an equaliser with the way the referee kept the game going on until just before 5pm. Given our offensive play in the second half we really merited the three points.

Archived