Rovers Rovers v Brechin City

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one for Mcglynn if Hendry is indeed out. 

I know pretty much nothing about James Berry, but I refuse to believe that replacing Hendry with him like for like will be any worse than the system we finished the game with on Sat. 

If the news about Hendry is correct and Vaughan is still out then we are in trouble for creativity through the middle.  Milne will get to play in his natural position but he lacks the drive that Hendry has to win the ball back and hold off players on the ball.  Fingers crossed we have Duggan back at least.  Murray will be back from suspension but do we put him at right back from start or keep Watson there?   As someone else mentioned above the biggest change we need to make is bringing McKay back in for Davo or Bene.

13 minutes ago, theycallmetrinity said:

I'd agree but the majority seem to be want Charlie King.

Probably as no 2 .

Personally  I would give  Steve Campbell a chance .  Chucky would do a great coaching job of that I have no doubt . His enthusiasm to bring the club back to the community is also an added advantage.  That is something that has been forgotten over the years.  I know Steve is community orientated as well so I would think it's at least worth a trial to see how it goes.  

Just my opinion  though !  ;)

Probably as no 2 .
Personally  I would give  Steve Campbell a chance .  Chucky would do a great coaching job of that I have no doubt . His enthusiasm to bring the club back to the community is also an added advantage.  That is something that has been forgotten over the years.  I know Steve is community orientated as well so I would think it's at least worth a trial to see how it goes.  
Just my opinion  though !  [emoji6]
I would also bring in Barry all the same. He seems to like Brechin and 3 seems to be the magic number as coaches go.

Looking forward to watching us not play negitive football and maybe have less than 6 defenders on the park

One of best teams I've saw in the league don't get how it's been so poor at times for you.

Hopefully Tapping/Jackson and Hendry show up tomorrow

Really need Flanagan to have a good day tomorrow, he's the only real creative source in the midfield. Given how McGlynn threw Stevenson straight into the first 11 against Stranraer a few weeks ago I wouldn't be surprised to see him do the same again tomorrow. Murray is back, aye? If so, I'd go:

Thomson

Murray, Benedictus, Davidson, Crane

Matthews, Nat, Stevenson, Flanagan

Milne

Nisbet

That really is quite a distance from our best 11 when you look at it written down, isn't it? I don't think Milne has been good enough so far, but if we're going to play him then we need to put him in his actual position rather than shunning him out wide where he has no attributes to impact on the game. If he can't positively influence the game in his natural position against a managerless Brechin side I'm unsure if he'll ever do it. Whilst I'm usually against Matthews being wide right, he'll offer Murray more cover defensively. 

I always back us at home; our record speaks for itself, but tomorrow has 'frustrating afternoon' written all over it.

Archived