Arbroath v East Fife

That wasn't us yesterday, at least not the team that I've grown accustomed to watching, you've been fortunate enough to see two of our most incomplete performances this season, that can't/won't happen in a Local Derby!!!
Raith were very fortunate/lucky as f**k to take a point of us last time with the referee basically gifting them a point, there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be capable of beating them!!!
Arbroath are going to lose eventually so enjoy this run from your lofty tower while you have it but really EVERY team in this Division is capable of beating each other!!!d
Don't think it is just fortune that East Fife haven't been great against us think it is more Arbroath didn't allow them to play the way they want.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think it is just fortune that East Fife haven't been great against us think it is more Arbroath didn't allow them to play the way they want.

I would agree with that, but it's also a two-way thing, we both did that to each other yesterday, but in the first game definitely I agree!!!

Not our greatest performance but think we deserved to win overall. Gave the opposition a lot of space due to poor marking,  also our bad passing ,fortunately they didn't take advantage.  Some nice fancy footwork from us, but unfortunately were lacking the killer punch. 

A few observations

1. If my comments after Wallace’s sitter miss made it on to the highlights I profusely apologise. They were meant as an encouragement to East Fife as opposed to being offensive

2. Meggat’s ‘pass back came off his shin not his foot, it is only deemed a pass back when played with the foot. (Many thanks to Laura for her prompt consultation of FIFA laws of the game)

3. Yes Darryl should have walked but as stated previously the ref thought Slattery had made the foul

4. If Arbroath made East Fife look ordinary then vice versa applies as it was an awful advert for football. I actually thought Arbroath were excellent at Bayview less so yesterday

5.That’s the third time we’ve had that ref this season & he gets less impressive on every occasion. I am surprised both teams finished with 11 men.

6. Next weekend will go a long way to deciding whether it is a one or 3 horse race for the top

7. It was a foul in the lead up to the goal but a) Sparky should have played on b) we should have still been able to deal with the attack

8. Cracking steak pie

Right that’s yesterday firmly in its scratcher so now next week to look forward to!

A few observations
1. If my comments after Wallace’s sitter miss made it on to the highlights I profusely apologise. They were meant as an encouragement to East Fife as opposed to being offensive
2. Meggat’s ‘pass back came off his shin not his foot, it is only deemed a pass back when played with the foot. (Many thanks to Laura for her prompt consultation of FIFA laws of the game)
3. Yes Darryl should have walked but as stated previously the ref thought Slattery had made the foul
4. If Arbroath made East Fife look ordinary then vice versa applies as it was an awful advert for football. I actually thought Arbroath were excellent at Bayview less so yesterday
4. That’s the third time we’ve had that ref this season & he gets less impressive on every occasion. I am surprised both teams finished with 11 men.
5. Next weekend will go a long way to deciding whether it is a one or 3 horse race for the top
6. It was a foul in the lead up to the goal but a) Sparky should have played on b) we should have still been able to deal with the attack
7. Cracking steak pie
Right that’s yesterday firmly in its scratcher so now next week to look forward to!

Counting isn’t you’re strong point is it mate.

A few observations
5.That’s the third time we’ve had that ref this season & he gets less impressive on every occasion. I am surprised both teams finished with 11 men.
6. Next weekend will go a long way to deciding whether it is a one or 3 horse race for the top
7. It was a foul in the lead up to the goal but a) Sparky should have played on b) we should have still been able to deal with the attack
8. Cracking steak pie

You can't lose 3 in a row after such an impressive winning run up to the last 2. Go on do the biz and be kings of Fife. [emoji146]

We didnt play that bad against the best team in he league. On another day it could of been a draw. Need to go back to the Eleven thAt won most of the eight games. Need Jane for his strength in the back.... cant play Watt and Sparky in same midfield as they will slow up play- need to get back to  the two up front- we can win on Saturday...

On 11/4/2018 at 07:14, SimonLichtie said:

It's not wrath - it's laughter.

When you're top of the league, undefeated after 12 games, joint highest scorers and your number 1 striker averages a goal or assist in every single game they play, it's obviously comical when people think that player shouldn't be playing :lol:

My type of striker is one who contributes every week, be it through goals or assists, and has a superb record of doing so year in year out. I think at our level when you get a striker who does this so consistently they're obviously a huge asset to the team.

We've been superb at the back so far this year, best defensive record in the division, but Ricky Little struggles when playing the ball out from the back. Should we drop him? Obviously not, because he's an excellent defender and the back 5's job is to stop us conceding goals first and foremost, which we have done this season. Ryan Wallace may not be everyone's ideal player, and that's fine, but he is there to score and create goals, which he does every single week for us. Should we drop him? Obviously not....

If Waldo continues as he has started the season, he will end it with the best seasonal record a striker has had in my entire time supporting the club. He's had a superb start to the season, long may it continue :)

Totally agree Mckenna and Wallace are such a good partnership anyone who can't see that every week must be watching a different game from me.

Totally agree Mckenna and Wallace are such a good partnership anyone who can't see that every week must be watching a different game from me.

Mckenna is so much more effective up top. Baffling decision to put him out wide to allow smith a game

Do you genuinely think you can beat them? Based on what I seen yesterday I’d be delighted if you could grab a point

You can't lose 3 in a row after such an impressive winning run up to the last 2. Go on do the biz and be kings of Fife. [emoji146]

You're welcome!!!

On 10 November 2018 at 23:20, relichtie said:

Thanks East Fife. Hope do return the favour later this season.

If you had let us score a couple in the last 15 minutes, instead of hanging on for dear life we could have called it quits, we also would have been in 2nd!!!

And also just going to stick this up here as I've just noticed it and we can draw a line under this Thread till the next time!!!

Sparky's Post Match Interview!!! 

Archived