Arbroath v East Fife

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'd stick with Gold if he done well in there. Extra incentive for him and for Whatley when he gets back in.

Gold is the kind of player we should be looking to keep at the club long term, always thought he was decent and could never believe the stick he got in his first season. Could tell that in a better team with better players around him he could be a good squad player. Keep him in and give him a chance, if it isn't going well Whatley is always there to put in again, if he's fit.

Can't see DC dropping Whatley if he is fit but I also like Gold and by all accounts played well on Saturday so be tough to drop him.

Gonna be a windy one on Saturday apparently.....bring your kites.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't see DC dropping Whatley if he is fit but I also like Gold and by all accounts played well on Saturday so be tough to drop him.
Gonna be a windy one on Saturday apparently.....bring your kites.

If it is hopefully play against it first

He does have a few decisions to make, but personally I think that is one of his easier ones, Sparky is the better player who is more capable of putting his foot on the ball than Pat is, so I would be starting him in the middle!!!
Play without the Pat then lookout. Check back over the years on the games he didn't play, you won't find many wins! He has something, but I've no Idea what it is. But I think Docherty will start.

Looks like the game will be a lottery ..with 40+ mph winds on Sat afternoon. Strange how after a placid week/fortnight the stormy stuff always returns with a vengeance to coincide with a home game

Game shouldn’t be played if it’s like that. Makes a mockery of the game.

Looks like the game will be a lottery ..with 40+ mph winds on Sat afternoon. Strange how after a placid week/fortnight the stormy stuff always returns with a vengeance to coincide with a home game

Latest weather report says it will be around 25mph, which is what it was for the Airdrie game a few weeks back

That definitely mph?

ETA: After looking and having a wee weather lesson I can see winds of 20mph and gusts of up to 35 at 3pm on the met office, not great considering it's sitting as low as 10 with gusts up to 15 just now

Heard smith is out for a long time so not sure we’ll see him again.

Don’t remember him limping off last week so if true it looks like it must have happened in training

Edit: broken wrist suffered at Stranraer apparently

Blow in regards Whatley and heard Smith has broken his wrist.

I like Gold but if it is going t be windy might be a game for somebody who can put his foot on the ball and play a pass i.e. McCord and get somebody with a bit of height and dig next to him i.e. McKenna and play Swanks further forward just behind  Wallace.

Far too early for Doris to start, bring him on for another 30 minutes again.

I am a Hester fan and albeit at a far lower level good to see he has 2 m.o.m. performances for the Roselea and 5 goals in 2 games which gives him great game time and boosts his confidence but if we are losing Smith i would happily have Kane back and on the bench raring to go if we need him.

I was speaking to a well known experienced ex-Junior Manager and senior coach who said if he was Kane he would prefer to be on the bench for a senior club and bide your time than playing at junior level.  

C'Mon the Red Lichties.

Archived