WFDUFC V The Southern Tories 03/11/18

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats look very similar to the Dunfermline game. It's a bit more acceptable at 0-0. 1 down and it doesn't look good. We'll need to actually take the game to United or I expect it'll fizzle out. Sooner get beat 3-0 having a go than 1-0 sitting in.

Despite being a goal down we haven’t made any tangible effort to even try and get back into the game. If you didn’t know better it is almost as though a 0-1 defeat is somehow a good result.

I feared after the Dunfermline fluke that this would set an unwelcome pattern. What a waste of Dobbie. Dykes nowhere near him so sadly chasing shadows.

Can only hope that we see a different set up in second half.

Jacobs successfully playing like John Rankin,  chasing shadows,  missing tackles and running about aimlessly. Norman is having to do a pile of work in the middle.  I would say another poor goal to lose because our keeper won't come out for crosses.  We can't string two passes together and are struggling to deal with United's pace.  Word has obviously spread that Mercer is a weak link,  plenty coming down his side.  1-0 though so not exactly out if it but we'll need to put some passes together and get Dobbie involved. 

Jacobs successfully playing like John Rankin,  chasing shadows,  missing tackles and running about aimlessly. Norman is having to do a pile of work in the middle.  I would say another poor goal to lose because our keeper won't come out for crosses.  We can't string two passes together and are struggling to deal with United's pace.  Word has obviously spread that Mercer is a weak link,  plenty coming down his side.  1-0 though so not exactly out if it but we'll need to put some passes together and get Dobbie involved. 
Should have refreshed before posting.

2 hours ago, banana said:

Hard to see diddies like Queens Park South getting any change out of this, I'm going a World Famous Dundee United win by two goals.

Related image

Sounded like we could've scored a fair few more too, good performance?

I hope for the sake of  those travelling that the game is more exciting than this thread.
I'm still confident we can get something from this.  We've a decent record against The Arabs and it is notoriously games where we are expected to be the team on top that we struggle.  We'll need everyone to put a shift in for the 90 minutes to get anything though, something which we've struggled with at times under Naysmith.  Too often we disappear in games for large spells.  As long as the performance levels are similar to Tuesday night I don't think we can grumble too much.
We are limited with what we can do with the team, but I'd bring Semple back in for Mercer in the hope that with the vocal Doyle behind him Stirling might actually stick to his position and not drift all over the place.  Our right hand side was a shambles at times against Morton.
Martin
Doyle Fordyce Semple Marshall
Stirling Jacobs Norman Todd
Dykes
Dobbie
Head says 3-1 to the home side, heart says 2-2.

The "Arabs" are the supporters, not the team............pillock.

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Martin at fault for the first again then? Said it against Morton and I'll say it again; get Leighfield back in goal.

Yep absolutey at fault for the first goal. He`s just not good enough. 

United totally deserved their win but the reality is we gifted them both goals.  I think Doyle`s OG might have been our only shot on target :lol:

Archived