WFDUFC V The Southern Tories 03/11/18

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He did say the Borders Region, not the Borders District.
Dumfries is pretty close to the border is it not?

About as close to the border as Dundee is to Perth.

Would take a point. If we approach it in the same way as Dunfermline I think we'll get beat. United will carry a bigger threat. Play like the second half on Tuesday then we might get something as I expect United will come out more than Morton did.

I hope for the sake of  those travelling that the game is more exciting than this thread.

I'm still confident we can get something from this.  We've a decent record against The Arabs and it is notoriously games where we are expected to be the team on top that we struggle.  We'll need everyone to put a shift in for the 90 minutes to get anything though, something which we've struggled with at times under Naysmith.  Too often we disappear in games for large spells.  As long as the performance levels are similar to Tuesday night I don't think we can grumble too much.

We are limited with what we can do with the team, but I'd bring Semple back in for Mercer in the hope that with the vocal Doyle behind him Stirling might actually stick to his position and not drift all over the place.  Our right hand side was a shambles at times against Morton.

Martin

Doyle Fordyce Semple Marshall

Stirling Jacobs Norman Todd

Dykes

Dobbie

Head says 3-1 to the home side, heart says 2-2.

19 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I hope for the sake of  those travelling that the game is more exciting than this thread.

I'm still confident we can get something from this.  We've a decent record against The Arabs and it is notoriously games where we are expected to be the team on top that we struggle.  We'll need everyone to put a shift in for the 90 minutes to get anything though, something which we've struggled with at times under Naysmith.  Too often we disappear in games for large spells.  As long as the performance levels are similar to Tuesday night I don't think we can grumble too much.

We are limited with what we can do with the team, but I'd bring Semple back in for Mercer in the hope that with the vocal Doyle behind him Stirling might actually stick to his position and not drift all over the place.  Our right hand side was a shambles at times against Morton.

Martin

Doyle Fordyce Semple Marshall

Stirling Jacobs Norman Todd

Dykes

Dobbie

Head says 3-1 to the home side, heart says 2-2.

Team won’t be changed. The manager said he was happy with the performance against Morton.

i think the manager had been very harsh with Semple. Very rarely let the side down for a 19 year old and has been our best header of a ball in open play and at corners etc......

To play Mercer in front of Doyle at right back strange, but to then play Doyle out of position at Left Centre back in front of Semple is even stranger.

i agree that at 19 years sold a couple of games out will do Semple the power of good but it is now 3 or 4 if he doesn’t start today. It is obvious GN is waiting for us to get a good spanking before Semple comes back in. Instead of playing our strongest back 4.

Only my opinion mind.

playing out from the back we are now unbalanced and at Right back we are weaker than we need to be.

I will be genuinely interested who drops out to bring Harkins back in. 

The manager has already explained his reason for resting Semple and it’s nothing to do with his form. He had played a lot of games for a young lad coming back from a long term layoff and probably needed the break.

I have no problem with the manager’s decision. He sees him in training every day and is paid to make these kind of calls. Looking after loan players correctly will only help our chances of getting future signings from the parent clubs.

18 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

The manager has already explained his reason for resting Semple and it’s nothing to do with his form. He had played a lot of games for a young lad coming back from a long term layoff and probably needed the break.

I have no problem with the manager’s decision. He sees him in training every day and is paid to make these kind of calls. Looking after loan players correctly will only help our chances of getting future signings from the parent clubs.

I fully understand resting him ,, I really do get it but It is GN job to win games.

Most opinions would be Doyle at RB or Fordyce with Semple as a natural left back.

If my job was dependant on results then I would think a couple of rested games is enough and then go with  my strongest line up.

My point is do we really need to wait for a drubbing before Semple returns.

It is my opinion but I do understand where you are coming from. I think SUFC will be thrilled with the number of games Semple has played and how he has fitted in.

hopfully others may follow. 

DrFUsm1X0AETq_Q.jpg:large

Think that's the third gamein a row with that starting lineup?

Hard to see diddies like Queens Park South getting any change out of this, I'm going a World Famous Dundee United win by two goals.

Archived