WFDUFC V The Southern Tories 03/11/18

Totally dominant in the first half with an astonishing amount of possession. We didn't really create too many glaring opportunities despite being so on top and I was worried early in the second half that it would come back to haunt us. Another great result for Neilson and it sets us up nicely for next weekend.  

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really is.  Maybe you don’t know what subjective means.

I'm well aware what it means.
Much like the love in for Atkinson, I just don't see him being a long term keeper for Queens. Martin has kept us in a few games this season with saves I don't think Leighfield would have made.
In the last two games Martin has cost us the first goal. He's not doing enough to warrant a start IMO and I see no harm giving Leighfield a run of games.

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I don’t think Leighfield is up to much either, his career looks destined to go the way of Jim Atkinson. I’d stick Davie Rae in goals if it meant not having to watch Martin waddle about in a Queens shirt again. He costs us a goal every game near enough.

Well half the games, seeing as he has 6 clean sheets.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How come Dundee fans refer to United players past and present, as DABs then?

Because they are thick as pigshit.

Although we haven't seen much of them on the United match threads recently, for some reason.

17 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Well half the games, seeing as he has 6 clean sheets.

Being one our best defenders this season didn’t stop Semple getting rested. 

Martin does very little to get his defenders out of the shit. 

Leighfield would certainly be no worse than Martin,

. IMO

15 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Because they are thick as pigshit.

Although we haven't seen much of them on the United match threads recently, for some reason.

I’m pretty sure Div has blocked the Funsters on our threads.  I can’t think of any other reason for their recent disappearance.

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

Has he blocked the Dundee players from turning up at games too?

They’re turning up, but they’re shite.

This is what happens when you don’t allow a new manager to bring in his preferred assistant.  Crazy stuff.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They’re turning up, but they’re shite.

This is what happens when you don’t allow a new manager to bring in his preferred assistant.  Crazy stuff.

Ahh. Easy mistake to make.

Thanks for the clarification. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Dundee fans are not very bright.

Thought it was tough today and was a bit concerned as the game went on that we had not capitalised on our possession.

Brilliant ball in again from Aird for Safranko and McMullan deserves a lot of credit for the second even though it was an og.  McMullan never stopped running the whole game.

Edge did well and Booth had a very good game.

10 points from 12 in Neilson’s first four games in charge.  What a difference he has made.

Disappointed with the crowd, only about 5,000 home fans.

The ball in for the first goal would have been dealt with pretty easily by a competent goalkeeper. Not Martin though, rooted to his line until too late again.

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The ball in for the first goal would have been dealt with pretty easily by a competent goalkeeper. Not Martin though, rooted to his line until too late again.

You’re right it was a shite ball and a goalkeeping error.

Aird and Safranko have combined a few times already this season producing shite balls, goalkeeping errors and goals.

Pity Laszlo thought Aird was a wingback.

Same players; totally fucking different team.

What a difference a clued up manager makes. Shabba must be scratching his head thinking “how come these c***s never did this for me?”

It is virtually impossible to believe that the gutless shower of shite we saw on display just 2 home games ago has been so utterly transformed both collectively and in many cases individually.

Again I though Mcmullan was outstanding and as has been mentioned didn’t stop running the while game, and of course, this played a vital part in the second goal, which played a vital part in my enjoying the end of the game rather than shitting myself for the last 10 minutes, with the full expectation that we would Shabba it!!

I was very concerned when I saw Edge start, but to me he strollled the game today, whereas my best expectation at the outset was just to hope he wouldn’t give away a penalty.

Fyvie was fucking class again, and really controlled the midfield, and whilst Stanton got MOTM, I would have given to to Fyvie, simply due to how everything went though him in the middle of the park, and some of his touches and link up play were on a different level from the rest of them on the park imo. Him keeping fit could be a vital factor in our promotion hopes.

It was great to see how many times the ball went into the box from wide, and of course, what a ball from Aird for the first.  These balls in caused regular panic in the Queen’s defence, and on another day could have lead to another goal or 2.

Safranko’s contribution goes without saying; again, what a player he is turning out to be with the right direction.

Overall, there were some passages of play today, of a standard that have been very scarcely seen at Tannadice of late, (except by the opposition) and this is only a few weeks into Robbie’s reign, so much to be positive about.

I thought Queens offered little to be fair, and am not sure whether this was down to us being really decent, or them having an off day.

At 1-0 though I always worried, and when Debbie utterly fucking skinned Murdoch on the byeline, I was fully expecting disaster, however wasn’t to be thankfully.

All in all I reckon 2-0 was a more than fair result, and though we were really good today.

It feels great to be able to start enjoying Saturday nights again. Long may it continue.

ETA - Absolutely love it that the Dees got beat. Yet again.

#Mcintyre’s Dees 0-13 Everybody Else 

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re right it was a shite ball and a goalkeeping error.

Aird and Safranko have combined a few times already this season producing shite balls, goalkeeping errors and goals.

Pity Laszlo thought Aird was a wingback.

Tbf, Aird was playing exactly the same shite balls leading to goals from that position under Laszlo. Quite remarkable how good he is at crossing from that position. Far too deep to deliver a dangerous ball and yet ...

Archived