Montrose vs Dumbarton

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Find it a bit strange that Cammy Ballantyne is receiving some stick from Mo fans here - I actually thought he had a good game, one of the few in our team that would get pass marks.

We love that kid, and I guess we just expected better.... 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit late in commenting on the game but having seen all 3 games against Dumbarton this season they clearly have a problem up top as they seldom looked like scoring in all 3 games. We at Mo know the feeling. It's no consolation to them but this is a problem getting worse throughout football in Scotland and in English lower divisions as well i.e. a dearth of good strikers.  Most in England now seem to be from abroad.

A problem of our own making I suspect with many teams playing with one up front - hence not many strikers around. In days gone by in Scotland we had Jimmy Johnstone on one wing, Willie Henderson on the other wing, Alan Gilzean or Joe Jordan in the middle with lads like Kenny Dalgleish and others in the inside forward positions. What do we have now?? Usually a single forward trying to out-do a back line of four plus a goalkeeper and without his other 9 outfield colleagues backing him up. Useless.

13 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Just out of interest was the minutes silence an order from the spfl or did Montrose just decide to do it themselves?

Are we looking to be similarly bank-rolled by a generous Thai Billionaire, whose success was built on questionable business practices?

Of course, the Smokies have Bunnet Inc. to do that.

18 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So Montrose and Dumbarton being poor going forward is a football UK wide problem in general? It's not just that Montrose and Dumbarton have been shite going forward? emoji23.png

It is a UK wide problem in my opinion but of course there are exceptions and I'm not saying all teams don't have a striker problem. But, Montrose and Dumbarton are the teams I watched on Saturday and are the teams featured in this thread. Surely you are not suggesting Montrose and Dumbarton are the only ones shite going forward.

It is a UK wide problem in my opinion but of course there are exceptions and I'm not saying all teams don't have a striker problem. But, Montrose and Dumbarton are the teams I watched on Saturday and are the teams featured in this thread. Surely you are not suggesting Montrose and Dumbarton are the only ones shite going forward.

Nope. But I'm pretty sure it's got absolutely zero correlation with modern football in the UK!!

On 11/6/2018 at 18:31, 1320Lichtie said:

Nope. But I'm pretty sure it's got absolutely zero correlation with modern football in the UK!!

OK, we won't fall out about it. Always value your contribution to Mo stuff. Roll on Saturday when the 'real' derby takes place - again.

Archived