League Cup Final. Celtic v Aberdeen

Romeo

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weemac said:

Was thinking that myself, clearly wasn't meant in a nasty way just probably wasn't thinking.

Yeah, it's a standard question to ask, but really inappropriate given the circumstances of O'Donnell's passing.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He got the club medical staff on pretty quick to be fair, not sure why the paramedics hung about.

Christie was always scoring in this game.

Mark, genuinely not trying to point score here but i don’t think they are all paramedics.  They will likely be volunteers from St Johns Ambulance or similar.  With the best will in the world if you are wanting a professional service you generally have have to pay for it.  As I understand it Scottish football use the volunteers and do not pay for a full compliment of  paramedics.

3 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed aforementioned whistling guy, probably be the only thing I hear during the second half now!

I first noticed it when Celtic played rangers in the Scottish cup semis last season. Seems to be every big Celtic game the same c**t is whistling like f**k. 

Just now, Shadow Play said:

Mark, genuinely not trying to point score here but i don’t think they are all paramedics.  They will likely be volunteers from St Johns Ambulance or similar.  With the best will in the world if you are wanting a professional service you generally have have to pay for it.  As I understand it Scottish football use the volunteers and do not pay for a full compliment of  paramedics.

They are St Andrews Ambulance, and I understand what you are saying, but I'd disagree on the "professional service" point.

The reason they are there is because they are trained first aiders. If their services are needed, they shouldn't be fannying about having a laugh on the touchline as someone is unconscious.

Just now, Briannmataxi said:

I first noticed it when Celtic played rangers in the Scottish cup semis last season. Seems to be every big Celtic game the same c**t is whistling like f**k. 

I've heard it at a couple of Scotland games too, and now I can't stop hearing it.

I thought we did fine for most of that half. Sinclair and Forrest haven't had much change out of Logan and Lowe respectively, and Considine has matched up well to Edouard. Sadly, with our main goal threat now off, I'm struggling to see where we are going to score from, and Celtic have the players to exploit the spaces and gaps that will inevitably open up in the second half. It could end up being 3 or 4. 

Timing of that goal, on top of the injury, couldn’t have been much worse for Aberdeen. Hell of a job for McInnes to turn it around now, hard to see past Celtic scoring another 2 or 3.

Just now, S7C said:

I've heard it at a couple of Scotland games too, and now I can't stop hearing it.

He's clearly near a mic every fuckin time though.

BT should find said mic, and shove it so far up his arse he chokes on the end of it.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Does getting paid make people run faster?

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

They wont be St Johns as that doesn't operate in Scotland, here its St Andrews and they have all been trained to undertake the role.

Anyone not understanding why they didn't drop anything and run onto the pitch clearly hasn't undertaken said training.

Aberdeen defence must've got some second-hand concussion from the GMS incident based on their concentration levels.
Amazing how often a team have a collective concentration lapse after losing a teammate to a bad injury.

3 minutes ago, bpdon said:

I’m surprised more haven’t said the same. Boyata was miles late.

Not so much lateness for me, it's where he's aimed, straight flying headbutt into GMS' head.

Honestly baffled how that's not a penalty and a card.

Archived