League Cup Final. Celtic v Aberdeen

Romeo

Sorry Aberdeen but you're going to get pumped. As much as we'd all love to see anyone but Celtic win a trophy, let's not go through this whole getting our hopes up then feeling pissed off when Celtic's third goes in.

Celtic will absolutely stroll this, and in all likelihood the other two trophies as well. The rest of us are just there to make up the numbers.  

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp

Well, despite a record amount of whining, both the Hibs/Brazil 1970 and the Stevie G machine couldn't score against us in 210 minutes of football. 

In fact, both of these amazing footballing dynasties have only been able to muster 1 solitary goal in open play against us between them in 400 minutes of football, when apparently we were utter rubbish and were comprehensively pummelled.

So we must be really, really, really pish.

More of the same pish in the final please. 

13 hours ago, Romeo said:

Glad we've got Aberdeen.

emoji6.png

Will Aberdeen have the brass neck to ask for a 50/50 ticket split..?

Probably.

Most predictable post of the week from Romeo, P&B’s own Mr Wind Up.

And the answer is yes. And we’ll get our usual end back for the final. It seemed all wrong yesterday being at the East End.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Most predictable post of the week from Romeo, P&B’s own Mr Wind Up Cunty Balls.

And the answer is yes. And we’ll get our usual end back for the final. It seemed all wrong yesterday being at the East End.

FTFY

No idea if it’s possible, but the 10,000 or so of us that went down yesterday should get the first day of Aberdeen’s ticket sales all to ourselves.
I'm sure it is entirely possible. I have missed out on cup final tickets in the past because of a bunch of cup final hangers on.

29 minutes ago, Romeo said:
42 minutes ago, kingjoey said:
No idea if it’s possible, but the 10,000 or so of us that went down yesterday should get the first day of Aberdeen’s ticket sales all to ourselves.

I'm sure it is entirely possible. I have missed out on cup final tickets in the past because of a bunch of cup final hangers on.

So have I. Before I had a season ticket, I wasn’t able to get a ticket for the 1990 Scottish Cup Final and the 1995 League Cup Final, despite being at every match in both competitions prior to the final.

55 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

. And we’ll get our usual end back for the final. It seemed all wrong yesterday being at the East End.

For me that was the first time seeing Aberdeen at Hampden from the east end of the ground since 1989.

Coincidentally that was the League Cup.

Coincidentally, pumping the ****.

53 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

For me that was the first time seeing Aberdeen at Hampden from the east end of the ground since 1989.

Coincidentally that was the League Cup.

Coincidentally, pumping the ****.

Aberdeen were in the East stand for the 2000 Scottish  Cup Final v Dead Rangers , the one where Leighton broke his jaw in the first minute and Robbie Winters went in goal. You not at that one?

3 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Aberdeen were in the East stand for the 2000 Scottish  Cup Final v Dead Rangers , the one where Leighton broke his jaw in the first minute and Robbie Winters went in goal. You not at that one?

Leighton didn't break his jaw.

A hideous little *** called Rod Wallace did it whilst Leighton was on the ground in the third minute

If you're going to comment on Aberdeen at least get it right.

18 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Leighton didn't break his jaw.

A hideous little *** called Rod Wallace did it whilst Leighton was on the ground in the third minute

If you're going to comment on Aberdeen at least get it right.

Yeah I know that chump, wasn't suggesting Leighton started self harming straight after kick off or anything. 

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Yeah I know that chump, wasn't suggesting Leighton started self harming straight after kick off or anything. 

Fair does, it's just the way it comes across when you read the way you've typed it and made yourself look like a chump (obviously a word you like )

Anyway back on subject.

It's great to be in another final, even though most folk will view our achievement as just being there to make up the numbers.

Suspect that the 2nd December will be a lot like yesterday with low expectations among our fans.

Certainly not going to be daft enough to predict we'll do it, but would obviously take another shitfest and us winning by the only goal again.

You can only win it if you're in it and all that;) 

Archived