League Cup Final. Celtic v Aberdeen

Romeo

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Romeo said:
8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:
You may have been a Dons' fan for longer. If I remember correctly you were at the Summer Cup Final defeat from Hibs in 1964, my first match was in November 1963., don't know if you've ever posted when your debut match was.

I was born in 1971 ya couple of auld fannies.

You young whippersnapper. You just missed the first time I was at Hampden and seeing my team whup your team in 1970.

Although obviously disappointed to lose another final yesterday, I’d always, always rather be in the final and lose than not be there at all. For me, cup finals are great days out and there’s always the anticipation that you are going to win the thing. I was pretty deflated when I saw the teamlines before the game, but they surprised me and played a decent match. A good barometer of how well we did, is the number of fans singing after the final whistle. I know that the fans of 40 other SPFL teams wished that they were at Hampden yesterday instead of us, but none of their teams were good enough.

12 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Also, get max Lowe signed up derek, looks a real player now.

I take it that you mean to sign him on loan until the end of the season? There’s no way that we can afford a player from a top English Championship club.

I take it that you mean to sign him on loan until the end of the season? There’s no way that we can afford a player from a top English Championship club.

Indeed.

I don’t expect him to come permanently. He’s seemingly quite highly rated at derby so we’ve no chance.

Only getting him until January seems a mistake now though!

The nick of this mutant :lol:

47455416_1775101709285731_3808950291433259008_n.thumb.jpg.24f7e741952c1289cb2b4892af422915.jpg

I don’t think Aberdeen are angry at us, more their own irrelevance, they had their time 80-86 and barring the odd cup win and bottling the league at ibrox in 91 they’ve been pish ever since.

Nice to see them rejoice in their masters finally getting top spot, so sweet.

12 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I don’t think Aberdeen are angry at us, more their own irrelevance, they had their time 80-86 and barring the odd cup win and bottling the league at ibrox in 91 they’ve been pish ever since.

#ToriesTogether

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Indeed.

I don’t expect him to come permanently. He’s seemingly quite highly rated at derby so we’ve no chance.

Only getting him until January seems a mistake now though!

I not so sure that it was our decision to only take him until January.

54 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Interesting that you judge us all on one twadger out of his head on something.

Bizarre how all the pundits going on about how amazing Christie was in his loan spell don’t mention how anonymous he was for much of last season. For all the claims that Being at Aberdeen prepared him for the ‘step up’ his performances in the latter half last season should have seen him out of our team, never mind good enough to start for Celtic. It’s taken a massive improvement from him and injuries at the right time to fet where he is now.

Archived