League Cup Final. Celtic v Aberdeen

Romeo

Hearing that GMS is awake in hospital, definitely out midweek but could be back for next weekend which is excellent news.  Whenever I see a clash of heads like that I immediately think about Iain Hume who suffered a fractured skull after a similar clash and missed a full year so I am really happy to hear that GMS will recover soon

Yippee

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always wondered about the concept of having a young player from a club in your own league on loan. 
As Rogers said, Christie has come back a much better player, and he has scored a winning goal in a cup final against Aberdeen..  
Aberdeen got a good player for a season, but he couldn't even be used against his own club, the one team Aberdeen have struggled to overcome to win something over the past few seasons.  And at the end of the season, they're still left needing a player in that position.
Is it worth it, or are you just helping out your major competitor?

We were close to getting him permanently. So it was almost worth it.

Best team won on the day just a pity that Celtic cant win the treble now after the rangers won the league the day
Another world record for them winning it this early.. Still, the cup double is on for us.

15 minutes ago, Romeo said:
18 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
Best team won on the day just a pity that Celtic cant win the treble now after the rangers won the league the day

Another world record for them winning it this early.. Still, the cup double is on for us.

I hope Bono pumped your missus.

Twice.

Credit to Aberdeen for keeping it tight, Joe Lewis is a top goalie and the team is organized, just garbage going forward.  Sam Cosgrove and James Wilson are not good strikers while Niall McGinn appears to be slowing down.  Shame for GMS as he is Aberdeen's most creative player going forward.
However that's now 7 for 7 domestic trophies for Celtic under Brendan Rodgers, incredible the difference a top manager can make.  Ryan Christie has taken his chance in the first team and has been incredible of late

There's nothing remotely 'incredible'  about any of it.

I’d have to disagree MT. For Celtic to win any individual trophy (or even a couple a season) is quite “meh”. But to win 7 on the bounce is pretty incredible despite the financial gulf. Anything can happen in cup games hence why Lennon/Deila couldn’t do a treble despite the same gap in resources. 7 trophies in a row is unheard of.

Yes, let’s have your excuse for why you logged onto Pie and Bovril moments after your side won a trophy? Couldn’t be hollow and meaningless could it?

Plenty of Hibees logged in here after May 2016, was that hollow?

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

I’d have to disagree MT. For Celtic to win any individual trophy (or even a couple a season) is quite “meh”. But to win 7 on the bounce is pretty incredible despite the financial gulf. Anything can happen in cup games hence why Lennon/Deila couldn’t do a treble despite the same gap in resources. 7 trophies in a row is unheard of.

I would in turn disagree.

The incredible part was Deila's repeated failure to get trebles.

It's unheard of because this scale of advantage is unprecedented.

I would in turn disagree.
The incredible part was Deila's repeated failure to get trebles.
It's unheard of because this scale of advantage is unprecedented.

I think the gap between Celtic and every other team now in the league is smaller than it was between 2012-2016.

Although I may only feel this way because for the last 12 months my team haven’t been far off matching Celtic’s league record and as such I’m a bit more positive about it than I normally would be.

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I think the gap between Celtic and every other team now in the league is smaller than it was between 2012-2016.

Although I may only feel this way because for the last 12 months my team haven’t been far off matching Celtic’s league record and as such I’m a bit more positive about it than I normally would be.

Again, I doubt if that's the case.  They've spent (and had) more money in the more recent years.  Rangers are obviously closer now than then, in terms of resources, but the others aren't.  

Thank god for Super Joe.

Lowe outstanding, Ball excellent. Can’t fault effort of the team but we couldn’t land a single glove today.

A less wasteful Celtic in the final 3rd would have put us to the sword.......

We had 10min of being on top with McLennan on the left getting plenty ball and causing problems. Was easily nullified by Brown coming on to sit deep and drop almost as a 3rd CB, letting the full backs push on and McLennan was then sitting in our half marking as opposed to looking to be an outball.

10 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

We're a completely different animal under Brendan Rodgers.
If we continue on this trajectory I cannot see anyone laying a glove on us.
I can honestly say, supporting Celtic all my life, this era has been truly magical!!

Utter pish.

Archived