East Region-Thorntons League Cup

elton

What it means is the all teams will play at least 8 matches in this cup. 

The winner of the consolation cup will play 11 games and the winner of the Main cup 10 (Unless the knockouts are also home and away ???)

The Thomsons Property East Region League Cup comprises of 12 sections with three teams in each section.  The teams play each other home and away with the 12 winners progressing to the second group stage. The second group stage comprises of the 12 winners in groups of three with the four group winners progressing to the semi-finals.

For the teams falling out after the first group stage there will be a Consolation Cup.  The 24 teams will be in eight sections of three teams with the eight winners of each group progressing to the quarter finals

It is also been "drawn" very regional within the Region

As I understand.

Tayport, Lochee Harp, Downfield

Arbroath Vics, Carnoustie, Scone

East Craigie, Luncarty, Violet

Lochee Utd, North End, Blairgowrie

Forfar Albion, Broughty, Coupar Angus

Kirrie, Forfar WE, Brechin Vics

Newburgh, Kennoway, Thornton

Kirkcaldy, Lochore, Livingston

Fauldhouse, Glenrothes, Bathgate

Lochgelly, Pumpherston, Stoneyburn

Kinnoull, Rosyth, West Calder

Harthill, Armadale, Whitburn

Thanks Bigal, F*ck me it sounds terrible. Why couldn't they just play each other 3 times in the league.

Think we may be giving this a miss for betting purposes at least until nearer the final.

22 minutes ago, elton said:

Thanks Bigal, F*ck me it sounds terrible. Why couldn't they just play each other 3 times in the league.

Think we may be giving this a miss for betting purposes at least until nearer the final.

What I would say is that I believe due to the sheer amount of games that teams will be taking it seriously.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived