St Mirren vs Motherwell Halloween Relegation Horrorshow

Anybody know if Magennis is close to a return? Missing him so badly. 

Can’t, for the life of me, see how we are missing him. He has shown absolutely nothing this season. He has struggled with the step-up.
Flynn, Willock & Hammill have all shown more in recent weeks. Magennis will be coming back to a place on the bench.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t, for the life of me, see how we are missing him. He has shown absolutely nothing this season. He has struggled with the step-up.
Flynn, Willock & Hammill have all shown more in recent weeks. Magennis will be coming back to a place on the bench.
f**k knows what you've been watching

Watched Well in the 3-3 draw with Rangers and thought they looked great.
Genuinely surprised to see them in this position.
Saints have played a lot better at home than on the road since OK arrived, and matched both Hibs and Killie over the 90 minutes.
But if Ferdinand is still out, and our goal scoring (and even chance creation) problems continue, I can't see us even drawing here.
Anybody know if Magennis is close to a return? Missing him so badly.  (Mackenzie and Eckersley would be good to see back too, but think they're out much longer term).

Won’t see GM til well into the new year. Don’t think Ecks is very far away at all.

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Motherwell - 2 on the handicap betting. An excellent investment. 

I'm not so sure. We are tighter/better at home and I honestly can't see us losing by three. The straightforward 6/5 for a Motherwell win seems like a better shout.

Unless you're just fishing, in which case I'll dive right on the hook.

3 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

I disagree. Magennis will be straight back in the team to give us that bit of dig we have missed. Can see Flynn or McGinn dropping to the bench.

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I disagree. Magennis will be straight back in the team to give us that bit of dig we have missed. Can see Flynn or McGinn dropping to the bench.

Hopefully McGinn. He's not been at the races at all - someone saying he's carrying an injury. 

This sort of interview is becoming really difficult to listen to. I know managers dress things up but this is bordering on delusional. Some of the football this season has been the worst we have played in years. Telling the fans otherwise for the sake of it is infuriating. I understand they want things to appear positive but it's a broken record now.

Some takeaways from this

- 3-5-2 here to stay

- 'one at a time' youth players i.e Turnbull only

That's how i took it anyway. It seems to me that Robinson will genuinely get sacked before he will change things

1 hour ago, Luke92 said:

This sort of interview is becoming really difficult to listen to. I know managers dress things up but this is bordering on delusional. Some of the football this season has been the worst we have played in years. Telling the fans otherwise for the sake of it is infuriating. I understand they want things to appear positive but it's a broken record now.

Some takeaways from this

- 3-5-2 here to stay

- 'one at a time' youth players i.e Turnbull only

That's how i took it anyway. It seems to me that Robinson will genuinely get sacked before he will change things

Club - any club - interviews of this sort simply aren't very interesting as the soft soap questions lead to totally banal answers and the message is completely controlled. I used to like listening to the press conferences, which occasionally were more revealing but the they have stopped those now and I've kind of switched off on the pre-match stuff as a result.

We are all pretty frustrated - but if we want to hear the manager getting searching questions, admit that his preferred style has not worked this year or hear him get ripped into players, this isn't the place to see it. 

That interview does SR no favours whatsoever. He needs a win tonight badly or the remaining support he has will fade rapidly. I genuinely think a defeat tonight followed by another on Saturday, or even just a Livingston/St.Johnstone-esq performance from us will be enough to start vocal calls for him to go from the stands.

Archived