St Mirren vs Motherwell Halloween Relegation Horrorshow

5 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I can only assume my eyes were playing tricks on me due to the distance but about 5 minutes in we played a cross into the box which made its way to Main. It looked as though he just had to tap it in but took a touch and got crowded out. It's not in the highlights which suggests it wasn't as clear cut as I thought at the time. Can anyone who saw it on Alba clarify?

Just had a look at it on Alba.

Assuming this is the incident you're talking about 5min 20 into the game? It's (another) great move that actually starts in our own half but from the look of things the St Mirren player at the near post gets a slight touch on the ball and it drops behind Main so he's moving away from goal by the time the ball arrives at his boot. It's not quite the tap in it looked (IMO anyway).

5bdb1e1ce0f07_ScreenShot2018-11-01at15_33_09.thumb.png.cb2fccb7bde10b5531a43950e091591d.png

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Cheers. Yeah it looks a bit more behind him than I realised, admittedly from about 100 yards away. Certainly everyone around was wondering why he didn't hit it first time.

Aye. If you watch the Alba footage you see that he's got his back to goal by the time the ball's at him. I'm really not sure if there's a touch from the defender or whether the cut back is just behind him.

It's a shame as it was a genuinely lovely bit of fitba'.

Edit: Story of The Match lads... #content

11 hours ago, btb said:

It's the easy option but as OK says without a target player it's a poor option as it just concedes possession.

Why not rectify this by playing Cooke as a target man as currently our midfield players lack confidence and/or ability to do anything else?

After 6 consecutive defeats, some of them comprehensive, it's worth considering

You obviously think Cooke has something having watched him in the reserves I'm wondering what you are seeing what I am missing. Genuine question? 

8 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

You obviously think Cooke has something having watched him in the reserves I'm wondering what you are seeing what I am missing. Genuine question? 

To be fair to Cooke I saw him on Monday against Hamilton reserves and I know it was only reserves but he worked his backside off, won more than his share in the air, put a lovely ball through for our first goal and took his penalty well. He does look as if he isn’t ready for the physical side of the game at this level as he was often just eased off the ball. Maybe it would be worth it to see if Jackson could get on end of his head flicks. Certainly no worse than what we are doing now.

11 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Not really, I'm just saying nothing should be off the table atm.

49 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Why do people seem surprised that Anton Ferdinand is finished? If he wasn't totally done then he's be nowhere near St Mirren.

One point so far for Stephen Kenny mkII and that was a backs to the wall effort against 10 men. Grim.

You're below Morton - Greenock Morton - in the league. You've got your own problems.

Why do people seem surprised that Anton Ferdinand is finished? If he wasn't totally done then he's be nowhere near St Mirren.
One point so far for Stephen Kenny mkII and that was a backs to the wall effort against 10 men. Grim.
You're right. It was grim. But its still grim a whole division above you

Archived