St Mirren vs Motherwell Halloween Relegation Horrorshow

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motherwell were shocking until they scored - but still comfortably better than us. 

After the goal (just the kind of goal you really can’t afford to lose in our position) Well have played a bit better. 

It is also men against boys on the physical side of things. 

We are losing every single battle in every area of the park. 

Looks like Clancy has decided it’s not a night for cards so we really need to at least match Motherwell physically. 

Great away support. 

Hats of to each and every one of them. At least they’ll be rewarded for their effort by going home with three points. 

Just cannot see where a goal is coming from for us. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Make no mistakes, this is the first days of Jack Ross all over again. 

A team of uninterested players who are on their way out in January and well they know it. 

No prisoners in January, its going to be a cull and a half. 

There's a lot of truth in that. Thing with Ross though that he still had Mallan and Morgan who were two of the best players in the division, as well as some good Championship players like Sutton, Mackenzie, Irvine. 

Kearney doesn't have any of that. A couple of honest players who will give everything, but not many who have the necessary quality to do any real damage. Certainly nothing that we have seen. Kearney has a much bigger job on his hands than Jack Ross. 

Tremendous tackle by Flynn going by the clip on Twitter.

Seems it's another shambles from us. You'd have thought there'd have been some noticeable improvement under Kearney by now. We did well against Celtic, decent against Killie and OK in spells against Hibs and that's been about it. Appreciate he came into a shitey situation but he isn't entirely blameless for the mess. Likewise the players need to have a good look at themselves too. Only three Stubbs signings starting tonight so can't blame him for everything.

Appreciate I've only been at the three games mentioned above since Kearney came in (maybe we only play well when I'm there) but there's been little to cling to in the hope that things will get better. Reckon folk thinking we'll see a repeat of two years ago when Ross turned it round after the window are in for a shock.

FT 0-2

Scoreline probably flattered us again. Goodness me we really are shite.

Take it those Saints fans who said we have improved since Stubbs left are now abandoning that? Poor Oran is a nice fella, but he has no idea what he’s doing.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say we would have got more than 1 point from the last 7 games if Stubbs was still here.

Worst I’ve seen us this season tonight, and that really is saying something. We just have nothing going for us. Even at 0-2 against the team one above us there’s no dig, no organisation, no quality, no chances. Brutal stuff. I can’t believe we’re not bottom [emoji16]

As for Motherwell, the old song sums it up fine: You’re nothing special, we lose every week.

I wasn't there so can't comment on the performance, but frankly who cares? That is a massive three points for us and more especially so given that Dundee and Hamilton both lost.

Good to see Cadden get himself on the scoresheet too, from what I saw posted on twitter that was a well worked goal.

The next important thing for us is that we build on that on Saturday with another win over Dundee. Nothing less will be acceptable there.

Thank goodness for Craig Samson and the Paisley Baraclough.

Doesn’t sound like it was a classic but it was never really going to be, was all about the result and you can’t really argue with 3 points and a clean sheet.

Bold from Robinson to ditch the 352(finally) and go with Bigi/Turnbull from the start, sounds like it paid of though- I’m hearing reports some football actually broke out for Cadden’s goal? Delighted for him by the way, should do his confidence the world of good. Good to see Turnbull get on the scoresheet as well, always nice to see an academy graduate get his first goal for the club.

Same again on Saturday please and we can put some proper distance between us and the 2 at the bottom. 

20 minutes ago, Stu said:

Tremendous tackle by Flynn going by the clip on Twitter.

Seems it's another shambles from us. You'd have thought there'd have been some noticeable improvement under Kearney by now. We did well against Celtic, decent against Killie and OK in spells against Hibs and that's been about it. Appreciate he came into a shitey situation but he isn't entirely blameless for the mess. Likewise the players need to have a good look at themselves too. Only three Stubbs signings starting tonight so can't blame him for everything.

Appreciate I've only been at the three games mentioned above since Kearney came in (maybe we only play well when I'm there) but there's been little to cling to in the hope that things will get better. Reckon folk thinking we'll see a repeat of two years ago when Ross turned it round after the window are in for a shock.

We were decent against Celtic, Hibs, and Kilmarnock to be fair.  I agree that he's not entirely blameless though - tonight was utter shite, no urgency, no fight, no entertainment. Stubbs isn't to blame for tonight.

No chance we'll see a Ross type turnaround, I can't see us being an attractive club for many players who are good enough to turn us around. Thankfully Dundee are dreadful so we might get away with scraping a few wins. Although I wouldn't fancy our chances in the playoffs either.

Shambolic performance tonight...

Not one saints player gets pass marks imo. No effort, no fight no passion. The fact we’re still not bottom of the league is truly unbelievable.

When we get a win? Based on that pile of shite tonight, who knows!!!

Archived