St Mirren vs Motherwell Halloween Relegation Horrorshow

What a fucking stupid night for a game of Fitba.

Having to do Halloween with the wee yin so won’t make it as our development is Halloween daft. It’s like something out the states.

Plus with The Billy Boyfest between Rangers & Killie then traffic will be a fucker.

However as much as I’m gutted I think this will be an utter eyesore of a game.

Either that or a 4-3 game of the season job....

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Clean Sheets (Motherwell) - 0

Clean Sheets (St. Mirren) - 1

Failed to Score (Motherwell) - 5 from 9

Failed to Score (St. Mirren) - 6 from 10

Something's got to give.

My will to live?

Hats off to you if you're planning on shelling out £22 to go and watch this tomorrow night.  I think you're absolutely fucking insane, but hats off to you nonetheless. 

2-0 St. Mirren. 

We'll have a new guy in charge when we go to Ibrox.

Was supposed to be going to see a showing of Hocus Pocus in the West End somewhere, however that's fallen through and I've decided I'll shell out the £22 to go see this. Didn't even want to go see the film, but the fact I'm disappointed about this tells you everything you need to know about the excitement value going to see us play brings, and no offence to St Mirren, but this game will be utter rancid to watch.

Oddly however, I can see this being the game that we shitfest a 1/2 nil win purely on the basis that St Mirren are maybe just worse than us, and having Samson in goal may see us fluke a goal somewhere - if we can fashion a decent shot on goal that is. As Yassin said above, can see this result papering over the cracks we have and buying Robinson a little more time.

Motherwell are comfortably better than this rabble.

I mean that’s true, but the way to get at St Mirren is get the ball wide and put crosses into the box, they can’t handle them. Shame Motherwell don’t play with wingers!

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

For what it's worth I reckon we'll win this fairly comfortably, St Mirren look awful and the sort of side our hoofball will work against.  I'm not expecting us to climb the table after it but it'll probably paper over the cracks for a while.

0-2 (Bowman, Hartley)

We've been much better at home than away, and been unlucky not to pick up more points from three tough games at home. With a bit of luck we could nick the 3 points, but as we're not getting much luck, a draw is probably the most likely result.

21 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I’ve got a season ticket and I’m thinking about giving it a miss. We are by some distance the worst team in this league. It makes for painful viewing and I can’t honestly see where our next point is coming from. 

Motherwell will do what other teams do at this level and bully us all over the park. 

We've been worthy of something in every home game we've played under Kearney and hopefully tonight will be no exeption, with a bit of the rub of the green with decisions giving us something to smile about. I'll be there.

15 minutes ago, Soctty said:

We've been worthy of something in every home game we've played under Kearney and hopefully tonight will be no exeption, with a bit of the rub of the green with decisions giving us something to smile about. I'll be there.

tomorrow night would be even better.

37 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Squad update via the official site:

Out:
Tanner - ruptured patella
ATS - hamstring
Rose - hamstring
Donnelly - groin

Doubt:
Dunne - groin

Hmmmmmm.....

I like the fact that Gorrin is listed with a generic "injury" when the rest have specific entries. 

Current state of the haddy-o-meter:

performance-meter.jpg

Any Saints know if there's any chance of Anton being back for this?

My optimism has all but depleted now. We keep lining up with a side that I think looks no' bad, but then we get torn apart and that's when I realise my idea of what makes a good footballer has been skewed somewhat by three seasons in the Championship.

Surprised to see Motherwell struggling - think I last saw them play in the semi-final last season. I'm not at the wind-up here: what's happened to the side that ruined Aberdeen that day?

22 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I’ve got a season ticket and I’m thinking about giving it a miss. We are by some distance the worst team in this league. It makes for painful viewing and I can’t honestly see where our next point is coming from. 

Motherwell will do what other teams do at this level and bully us all over the park. 

Whatever happened to SMTID? when the support start to disappear that will be seen on the pitch and the heads go down and we have no recovery, surely we keep on supporting  and going to back the team, we didn't expect to win every game like last year so for me it's take the rough with the smooth

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

My optimism has all but depleted now. We keep lining up with a side that I think looks no' bad, but then we get torn apart and that's when I realise my idea of what makes a good footballer has been skewed somewhat by three seasons in the Championship.

Surprised to see Motherwell struggling - think I last saw them play in the semi-final last season. I'm not at the wind-up here: what's happened to the side that ruined Aberdeen that day?

Injuries/Loss of Form/Loss of Key players/Tactical inflexibility/Disastrous Summer Window*

*Pick any five

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

f**k knows. Aside from the obvious like selling Kipré it's more or less the same team but the performance levels have dropped off a cliff. Main & Bowman in particular look like total imposters now. 

If I were to take a guess I'd pin it on a shocking lack of confidence because we have been chronic all season. Particularly going forward we look like nobody wants to be the one that takes a risk and tries a through ball or takes a dig from the edge of the box and loses possession. It's horrific to watch a load of guys playing hot potato with the ball around the box. 

10 minutes ago, Swello said:

I like the fact that Gorrin is listed with a generic "injury" when the rest have specific entries.

Funny you should mention that, perhaps there is nothing in it but I had wondered if there was perhaps something more to this. Feel bad for Gorrin to an extent.

He has basically had no run in the team to prove what he can do. Still maintain there is a player there.

2 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

Funny you should mention that, perhaps there is nothing in it but I had wondered if there was perhaps something more to this. Feel bad for Gorrin to an extent.

He has basically had no run in the team to prove what he can do. Still maintain there is a player there.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling (not based on any #ITK) that the opposite is the case and he'll be mutually consented in January. 

I do feel sorry for him as like many before him (eg Higanbotham when we re-signed Faddy), he has basically arrived on false pretenses with the fact that Bigi stuck around. That said, I find it less than credible that a half-decent player could not force his way into our team this season.

Archived