Inverness CT vs Dunfermline Athletic

A mideweek trip to the Highlands for the Pars, with patience in Allan Johnston running out in even the happiest of happy clappers. Caley are still unbeaten but we've won as many games as they have so a low-scoring draw or 1-0 home win seem like good bets.

Faiss must be dropped. I love the guy but a striker can't play that many games without scoring and expect to keep his place. He's far from our worst player but Andy Ryan should absolutely be up top on Tuesday night. Even Robbie Muirhead deserves a shot.

Another defeat would leave AJ on the brink I feel but hoping he can pull a rabbit out of the hat; something he's done on numerous occasions when the chips have been down in the past.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A mideweek trip to the Highlands for the Pars, with patience in Allan Johnston running out in even the happiest of happy clappers. Caley are still unbeaten but we've won as many games as they have so a low-scoring draw or 1-0 home win seem like good bets.
Faiss must be dropped. I love the guy but a striker can't play that many games without scoring and expect to keep his place. He's far from our worst player but Andy Ryan should absolutely be up top on Tuesday night. Even Robbie Muirhead deserves a shot.
Another defeat would leave AJ on the brink I feel but hoping he can pull a rabbit out of the hat; something he's done on numerous occasions when the chips have been down in the past.
Mmmm chips!Mmm.jpg

Massive game for both sides if you ask me we both desperately need a win soon.

Dunfermline got a tricky trip to Alloa at the weekend while we have a Highland Derby on our hands with County scoring for fun. Honestly don't know who will come out on top on Tuesday night i can definitely see it becoming another draw.

It will all about who scores first I reckon (if anyone scores that is!) as it'll be tough for ether side to react going a goal down.

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope Dunfermline win this game.

I would be absolutely OK with this but I can't see it happening, without turning this into a Falkirk thread what would be everyones teams?

Robinson

Williamson-Ashcroft-Devine-Longride

Higginbotham-Beadling-Martin-Hyppolyte

Ryan-Muirhead

Thing is I don't even think that's our strongest team, however with injuries and under performing players then changes need to be made, Louis Longridge is giving me a headache out the wing and he's having a bit of a nightmare, if Higginbotham isn't fit to last the 90 at least give him 60, Vincent was shite so bring in someone else, Faiss has been shite so bring in one of our 500 strikers.

It's all well and good having a strong squad but we don't utilise it, Vincent, Longridge and Faiss seem to be getting gametime regardless of how they've played the week before and that can't be healthy, their replacements will be wondering what they have to do and coming off the bench with someone to prove could be good for them. We really miss an Aird or a McMullan, a winger with genuine pace who's going to go down the outside of a full back. Aird in particular had an absolutely fantastic delivery.

When I saw the team against United it looked like we were going to play 4-3-3 which looked fine however we shoehorned Craigen into wide right and it was completely ineffectual.

On Tuesday I would play:

Robinson

Williamson - Devine - Ashcroft - Longride

Higgy - Thomson - Beadling - Connelly

Ryan - Muirhead  

or Three in midfield of Martin joining Beadling and Thomson and L. Longridge playing in behind the strikers.

A point would be a good start to this run of fixtures - however we need to exploit Rooney this time we didn't have a go at him at all at East End and then forgot about him at a corner. Fingers crossed he's been out celebrating tonight.

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

When I saw the team against United it looked like we were going to play 4-3-3 which looked fine however we shoehorned Craigen into wide right and it was completely ineffectual.

On Tuesday I would play:

Robinson

Ryan - Muirhead  

or Three in midfield of Martin joining Beadling and Thomson and L. Longridge playing in behind the strikers.

A point would be a good start to this run of fixtures - however we need to exploit Rooney this time we didn't have a go at him at all at East End and then forgot about him at a corner. Fingers crossed he's been out celebrating tonight.

I'd like to see Beadling and Martin in the middle in some form. I'd also agree that it should be Ryan and Muirhead up top.

Apparently Durnan has a hernia? Have no confidence in Devine, so I'd maybe even have Ashcroft and Beadling at the back. My mate who's a Sunderland fan said he looked like a decent centre half.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd like to see Beadling and Martin in the middle in some form. I'd also agree that it should be Ryan and Muirhead up top.

Apparently Durnan has a hernia? Have no confidence in Devine, so I'd maybe even have Ashcroft and Beadling at the back. My mate who's a Sunderland fan said he looked like a decent centre half.

Yeh Durnan has just gone under surgery so will be out a few weeks. Devine has been better since his spell out the team so I wouldn't punt him just now. It would probably be Martin in at CB than Beadling although thats where he has played most of his football prior to joining us. I think Martin needs a third man in midfield as he is pretty slow however can unlock defences with his good balls forward - he was great against Falkirk as they had next to no tempo in their game and he could literally wander about.

4-5-1, try and get a grip in the midfield and shitfest our way to a 0-0 or maybe even a 1-0 win. We need to get something going in the middle, and 2 sitting deep with 2 wingers who just float about offering nothing much hasn't worked for a long time now. I was shocked how far Beadling was sitting on Saturday, especially in the first half.

15 hours ago, Adam101 said:

On Tuesday I would play:

Robinson

Ryan - Muirhead  

Exactly the team I would have selected also.

The one positive I can think of is that it is away and the players and manager don't have the pressure of playing in a toxic environment.

The one positive I can think of is that it is away and the players and manager don't have the pressure of playing in a toxic environment.
All this nonsense about a "toxic atmosphere" is just that - nonsense. The supporters turned out in food numbers again and while there were a few boos at half time, most of them seemed to be directed towards the ref, and the players themselves went into the tunnel to a smattering of applause. There was a brief chant of "AJ, Get to f**k" in the second half (Not sustained, not from a majority of supporters), some grumbles about poor or sloppy play and some booing at the end. If that's your idea of toxic then I despair. A toxic atmosphere is one like at West Ham last season where fans were arguing with subs on the bench, where fans fought their way up to just below the director's box to point fingers and shout abuse at the owners, where there were sustained protests both during and after games. The worst chants at any game last season btw? The St Mirren away game and the shouts of "You don't know what you're doing" for quite a long period of time.

33 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

All this nonsense about a "toxic atmosphere" is just that - nonsense. The supporters turned out in food numbers again and while there were a few boos at half time, most of them seemed to be directed towards the ref, and the players themselves went into the tunnel to a smattering of applause. There was a brief chant of "AJ, Get to f**k" in the second half (Not sustained, not from a majority of supporters), some grumbles about poor or sloppy play and some booing at the end. If that's your idea of toxic then I despair. A toxic atmosphere is one like at West Ham last season where fans were arguing with subs on the bench, where fans fought their way up to just below the director's box to point fingers and shout abuse at the owners, where there were sustained protests both during and after games. The worst chants at any game last season btw? The St Mirren away game and the shouts of "You don't know what you're doing" for quite a long period of time.

It definitely wasn't toxic but it was worse than after QoS at home. I'd imagine there'll be about 100 fans up at Inverness tomorrow night (mainly down to us playing in Inverness at 7:45 on a Tuesday) but Saturday's result won't help that. Failure to get anything and fans will think twice before traveling Alloa on Saturday. Failure to take anything from that and I think even AJ might call in sick for the home game with Falkirk.

Archived