Ayr v Alloa

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another big game tomorrow night and one we need to be winning if we’re serious about getting promoted. County are away to Falkirk so I can’t see them slipping up however they are away to Unbeaten ICT on Saturday so definitely a chance to go back top if we get them job done.

McCall hinted in his post match interview on Saturday that he could mix it up a bit for this one. Hinted that Moffat and bell will both play so I think we’ll line up:

Doohan 

Smith Adams Rose Harvie

McDaid  Bell Murdoch Forrest

Moffat Shankland

Subs- Hare-Reid, Geggan, Docherty, Kerr, Crawford, McGuffie, Moore

Another big game tomorrow night and one we need to be winning if we’re serious about getting promoted. County are away to Falkirk so I can’t see them slipping up however they are away to Unbeaten ICT on Saturday so definitely a chance to go back top if we get them job done.
McCall hinted in his post match interview on Saturday that he could mix it up a bit for this one. Hinted that Moffat and bell will both play so I think we’ll line up:
Doohan 
Smith Adams Rose Harvie
McDaid  Bell Murdoch Forrest
Moffat Shankland
Subs- Hare-Reid, Geggan, Docherty, Kerr, Crawford, McGuffie, Moore

I think he will rest Adams play bell at cb. I also think mcguffie will get a start he hasn’t played much at all and he looked gutted at not getting on on Saturday

Spence has done nothing to be considered for a starting place never mind the bench. Personally only change I would see is replacing Burt for trouten. Would settle for a point in this game, Ayr are on a good run and scoring for fun.

I know he hasn’t, it definitely would weaken us. However, it was more the point if people are saying Liam Burt deserves a start then why can’t you throw Greig’s name in the mix. Burt hasn’t done anything either to merit a start.

I personally would only bring in Hastie and Stevie. They are the only changes that wouldn’t drastically weaken us.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Covers are down and grounds fine just now. Not to be as cold overnight either so don’t see there being an issue.

I'm blaming you if I don't get my pie now Callum.

4 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

I know he hasn’t, it definitely would weaken us. However, it was more the point if people are saying Liam Burt deserves a start then why can’t you throw Greig’s name in the mix. Burt hasn’t done anything either to merit a start.

I personally would only bring in Hastie and Stevie. They are the only changes that wouldn’t drastically weaken us.

I thought Burt was excellent down at Palmerston. He only lost his place due to being cup tied for the Dunfermline game and the midfield who played that day have kept the jerseys. Had it not been for that every probablity he would still be starting.

On 28/10/2018 at 18:48, Redwedge77 said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing Spency come in and ruffle defenders up, if he’s got Hastie and co. running off him Greig could do a job holding it up. However, Dario has been leading the line well and offering a lot more than Greig did earlier on so would be weakened.

Spence has done nothing to be considered for a starting place never mind the bench. Personally only change I would see is replacing Burt for trouten. Would settle for a point in this game, Ayr are on a good run and scoring for fun.

Don't you think Trouts had an excellent game on Saturday? Sometimes I think games have passed him by but he was really on it against ICT. Not that I don't like Burt. He runs like a young Kevin Cawley.

If I was making substitutions on Saturday I'd have left Trouten on and subbed Dario for Greig. I do like Dario, again excellent runner, but feel he's too profligate with goalscoring opportunities to be an out and out striker.

Don't you think Trouts had an excellent game on Saturday? Sometimes I think games have passed him by but he was really on it against ICT. Not that I don't like Burt. He runs like a young Kevin Cawley.
If I was making substitutions on Saturday I'd have left Trouten on and subbed Dario for Greig. I do like Dario, again excellent runner, but feel he's too profligate with goalscoring opportunities to be an out and out striker.

Can’t disagree about Trouten he did played well on Saturday. But the point you miss is that Burt is a more direct player and give you more options than Trouten in my humble opinion.

Spence was poor last season for RR and I have seen very little from him this season to make him a contender for a starting place. when given his chance he has been completely non existent example was against Ayr at home.

11 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Crawford gives you bite in midfield but I wouldn't say that creative. If fully fit Doc would be the obviously solution but as others said we don't know if he is ready for 90 mins yet.

I think Crawford is one of our most creative midfielders tbh. Some of his mazy runs are a joy to watch.

Archived