Ayr v Alloa

After the result today I really think we need Moffat in the team. Moore did ok but I think we were missing him today! We didn’t play great but still ground out the result.

I think we will will have a great chance of putting a gap between us and the chasing pack. Alloa will be tough opposition but if we play to our best we should be ok!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Moore, Crawford, Adams and Kerr will all drop out here.

Alloa have shown they’re no mugs and will give us a good game. Don’t think there’s much chance of Ross County dropping points to Falkirk but we’ve got a good opportunity to open up a wee gap away from Dundee United.

Doohan

Geggan
Bell
Rose
Smith

Forrest
Murdoch
Docherty??
McDaid

Moffat
Shankland

2-0 Ayr

Think we can come away with something from this fixture. We've only lost one away league game so far (at Ross Co - OK the others were draws) and we've improved in attack in recent weeks.

Maybe an opportunity to make some changes in the front four, starting the likes of Burt, Hastie and Brown.

Think we can come away with something from this fixture. We've only lost one away league game so far (at Ross Co - OK the others were draws) and we've improved in attack in recent weeks.

Maybe an opportunity to make some changes in the front four, starting the likes of Burt, Hastie and Brown.

We’ve won every home game so far this season another win me thinks

Moffat will most likely come back in his wee flicks and intelligence might open up Alloa who will be playing tight and looking to catch us on the break feel bad for Moore but he's a great option of the bench if it's not working, also think this could be great opportunity to give Doc a start and rest Kerr going for 3-1 shankers taking home another match ball

Yeah - agree that Moore, Kerr and Robbie will probably drop out (maybe Declan too, but I would risk another giving him another confidence boosting start).

Moff nailed on to start Tuesday - lots of options  otherwise but would not be too surprised to see  Doc and Forrest given the nod.

We’ve won every home game so far this season another win me thinks
Should we bother turning up? [emoji6]

Clearly Ayr are strong favourites. They have been excellent so far this year. You guys must be loving it.

Kerr and Moore out may well suit us; I appreciate their replacements will be quality.

Should we bother turning up? [emoji6]

Clearly Ayr are strong favourites. They have been excellent so far this year. You guys must be loving it.

Kerr and Moore out may well suit us; I appreciate their replacements will be quality.

Moffat generally better than Moore, doc has the ability to be as good as Kerr but doesn’t always show it

Moffat generally better than Moore, doc has the ability to be as good as Kerr but doesn’t always show it
Yeah, I know Moffat's a cracking player, but pace and directness worries me more against our defence. Cue Moffat and Shankland (Moff assisted) doubles.

Mark Kerr is a top footballer.

It is worth noting Alloa have us a lot of bother last season especially at Somerset. This won’t be a walk in the park however we have done well at home this season and if we turn up and play like we can then we should be winning this one.

Always a tough game against Alloa, feeling a little more confident about it with it being on a Tuesday night. Being part-time, and after a Saturday game  and a day shift on the Tuesday, I'd like to see us take advantage of that and stretch them down the wings with our pace and high tempo and hopefully knacker them after 70 mins.

Wonder how many changes we might see for this. I have a feeling that MSM might return for this one they way McCall spoke in his interview.

Doohan

Smith Adams Rose Harvie 

Murdoch Docherty Crawford

Moffat

Moore Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Geggan, Ferguson, Kerr, McDaid, McGuffie, Forrest

3-0 Ayr, Shankland 2 and 1 for Moore.

Wouldn’t rotate the midfield drastically. Appreciate they may need a rest, however the combo of Flannigan and Robbo works so well. No doubt see one of them drop out for Stevie. Would imagine Jake will come in as well. Those are two changes that don’t weaken us. Anymore changes and I think we field a slightly weakened team when we don’t necessarily need to!

As D'Jaffo said Alloa caused us problems at Somerset last season and Goodwin will have them setup to give us trouble again. This wont be a cake walk but we are favourites.

I reckon the gaffer will rest Crawford, Kerr & Moore

Team:

Doohan

Smith Bell Rose Harvie

Forrest Murdoch Geggan McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Bench  - Hare-Reid, Adams, Docherty, Crawford, Moore, McGuffie, Kerr

Wouldn’t rotate the midfield drastically. Appreciate they may need a rest, however the combo of Flannigan and Robbo works so well. No doubt see one of them drop out for Stevie. Would imagine Jake will come in as well. Those are two changes that don’t weaken us. Anymore changes and I think we field a slightly weakened team when we don’t necessarily need to!

I'd add Liam Burt to that. Probably give wee Kev and Trouts a rest.

Archived