Falkirk v Ross County

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

A right royal horsing is on the cards and nothing else.

Actually dreading this.

This is character building. Don’t dread it. Even if it’s just through a sense of morbid curiosity, embrace the moment.

For this game, the BoD should have been selling tickets at a tenner a pop for supporters to be “Manager for the Day” and be allowed to pick the team for this match. BPM could sponsor it with one of his brilliant paperweights (as the winner would have the team and set up correct).

Get beat? No problem. Get a point? Hero for a year. Get a win? Dine out on it for the rest of your life.

Opportunity missed.

I don't want to see dallison brough or Harrison in defence it clearly hasn't worked with that this season. It's desperate getting a decent 11 against a good experienced big side but I'd go...

Mitchell
Russell Mhead McGhee Robson
buaben
Petra Irving Dunne
rudden

full backs told to sit in and not push on and we at least have speed in Dunne Petra and rudden with guile in Irving albeit very inexperienced.

I think it'll be the same team as at the weekend. 
I expect you'll be right. the thought of freezing to death watching dallison and Paton at al try and keep it down to a 3 goal deficit will be soul destroying...the only way I can see us troubling them is if somehow we score first. even a dodgy penalty. our heads go down the minute a goal goes in. if this happens early in the game I fear for us in this game. thus is the best side in the league. hopefully we can keep it tight till half time

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Only one guess allowed emoji23.png

First one was my unrealistic option, I have more chance of being in the starting 11 than Russell.....!!

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Lots if people suggesting Haber gets left out. I think realistically he was one of the better performers.

That doesnt say much as he was still the same dandering workshy erse as before and only slightly better and like before nullified Rudden

He makes Baptie look like Pele

43 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I don't want to see dallison brough or Harrison in defence it clearly hasn't worked with that this season. It's desperate getting a decent 11 against a good experienced big side but I'd go...

Mitchell
Russell Mhead McGhee Robson
buaben
Petra Irving Dunne
rudden

full backs told to sit in and not push on and we at least have speed in Dunne Petra and rudden with guile in Irving albeit very inexperienced.

Starting with 10 men > Starting with Paton.

That doesnt say much as he was still the same dandering workshy erse as before and only slightly better and like before nullified Rudden
I dont think he nullified Rudden. He won a lot of balls and held up a lot of balls. Thats basically his job. All I will say is I dislike the way he lumbers about when going to close down, and he should have done better with his free header

I would go with:

GK. Mitchell

RB. Kidd

CB. Muirhead

CB. McGhee

LB. Russell (although not gonna happen so Brough)

RM. Petra

CM. McKee

CM. Irving

CM. Bauben

LM. Dunne

ST. Rudden

Just pack out the midfield and break on the counter with Petra and Dunne. Although its no gonna happen. Fvcking 4-4-2 with Paton & Haber and a 12-0 shagging.

that's how hard it is to find 11! probably put sammut in beside buaben
I dont think theres any question that Sammut would do a better job than Paton. I mean, I genuinely think there is zero room for doubt or discussion there. Fire Joe McKee out on the right of the 3. He has done ok before wide and has the engine to support the RB. He is another one who cannot be worse than Paton.

I like McKinnon so far and his frustration is becoming more evident, but the one caveat to that is that he keeps picking Paul Paton. A man who fails to tackle, fails to retain possession and generally has a negative influence on the team. Everything he contributes results in further pressure being applied to our midfield and defence, and more pointless expenditure of energy for forwards who make runs despite there being zero chamce of him finding them.

He is the biggest net cost to our team out of any player inidividually. He works against everything we try to do. He is definitely in my top 5 worst players I have seen, and he is probably already number 1 most hated.

I dont think theres any question that Sammut would do a better job than Paton. I mean, I genuinely think there is zero room for doubt or discussion there. Fire Joe McKee out on the right of the 3. He has done ok before wide and has the engine to support the RB. He is another one who cannot be worse than Paton.

I like McKinnon so far and his frustration is becoming more evident, but the one caveat to that is that he keeps picking Paul Paton. A man who fails to tackle, fails to retain possession and generally has a negative influence on the team. Everything he contributes results in further pressure being applied to our midfield and defence, and more pointless expenditure of energy for forwards who make runs despite there being zero chamce of him finding them.

He is the biggest net cost to our team out of any player inidividually. He works against everything we try to do. He is definitely in my top 5 worst players I have seen, and he is probably already number 1 most hated.
I'd be okay with McKee instead of Paton too. has to be McKee or sammut

I'm getting well scunnered with managers who take instant dislikes to players so much so that they'll actually pick worse players in front of them.  No reason why the likes of Russell cant get a look in other than Mckinnon has a beef with him about something silly.  

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I dont think he nullified Rudden. He won a lot of balls and held up a lot of balls. Thats basically his job. All I will say is I dislike the way he lumbers about when going to close down, and he should have done better with his free header

It was Dufc all over again for me again only we subbed Haber and Rudden came on to a game in the Dufc game, Haber was still pish for me, a man of his size should be putting himself about other than worrying about breaking sweat and waiting for things to happen. 

Id rather see Rudden lead the line as he will work the centre halves whereas when Haber leads the line he is far too workshy and rarely seems a good aerial threat, the centre halves could have their phones in the pockets and be updating the social media during the game.

Ross County are quite a big team, so I do see Haber starting, he roughed up the centre halves at East Fife and for around 10 mins against ICT but has yet to show any of that for me since then, I really cant see what a few Dundee fans seen in him to rate him as a player

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Lots if people suggesting Haber gets left out. I think realistically he was one of the better performers.

He makes a huge, massive difference to the team. Instead of the ball going straight to the opposition from our howitzers  up the park, now the ball bounces off Haber's head before going straight to the opposition.  This gives the defence an extra 0.75 seconds respite, adding up to nearly 8 minutes in the course of a game.

He makes a huge, massive difference to the team. Instead of the ball going straight to the opposition from our howitzers  up the park, now the ball bounces off Haber's head before going straight to the opposition.  This gives the defence an extra 0.75 seconds respite, adding up to nearly 8 minutes in the course of a game.
Lol. In all seriousness, he held a ball in and found a Falkirk man a good few times. Contrast that contribution with Paton for example......

Once again this ismt me lauding his performance. All I am saying is I dont think he will be dropped and I dont think purely on merit he deserves to be. Thats despite thinkijng he didnt deserve to start in the first place.

Archived