Falkirk v Ross County

Muirhead fractured his ankle. He actually looked OK last night as well which is typical of our luck this season.
Absolute warrior playing on with that sort of injury though. Fair play to him.
Makes it all the more puzzling why certain  County players felt the need to get in his face when he went down. The guy was quite clearly genuinely injured.
Yeah that was pretty out of order IMO. Pretty scummy behaviour.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It actually doesnt look as good as it was on the highlights either. You could draw a straight line from where I was sat through the top corner and to where Vigurs was just about. It looked like it was far too high the dip and curl on it was superb. Mitchell never got anywhere near it. 

Vigurs is a fucking melt though. 

Aye I was right behind the goal, no chance for Mitchell to get it. Didn't get the celebration at all, its not like he was getting stick or anything throughout the match, utter minter :lol:

Did you hear the utter diddy in the south stand screaming "GET THE BAW FALKIRK" about 40 times in the second half, then "THERES NAE PASHUN" :lol: 

Aye I was right behind the goal, no chance for Mitchell to get it. Didn't get the celebration at all, its not like he was getting stick or anything throughout the match, utter minter [emoji38]

Did you hear the utter diddy in the south stand screaming "GET THE BAW FALKIRK" about 40 times in the second half, then "THERES NAE PASHUN" [emoji38] 
Naw it was drowned out by the shouts of GET UP THE PARK despite it being obvious early on what the game plan was.

I did hear someone calling McKee a disgrace, then getting told to f**k up by several others [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Naw it was drowned out by the shouts of GET UP THE PARK despite it being obvious early on what the game plan was.

I did hear someone calling McKee a disgrace, then getting told to f**k up by several others emoji23.png

GET IT UP THE PARK was another shout from the auld dick. The boy that called McKee a disgrace was on my row and got sat down by everyone around him :lol:

GET IT UP THE PARK was another shout from the auld dick. The boy that called McKee a disgrace was on my row and got sat down by everyone around him [emoji38]
It was a pish poor shout in the circumstances although McKees dead ball delivery lastnight was Kerr-like in its straight line floaty shiteness.

1 hour ago, Les Westander of County said:

Although Stelios looked to me to do a good job at RB in the previous two fixtures, v Ayr Utd & G Morton.

Yes but in different circumstances.

Against Ayr he wasn't up against anyone who was going to test him on the outside, at least until late on, and even then Forrest moved inwards.  Stelios did put in some very good interceptions and last-ditch blocks when bodies were piled into the box.

Against Morton, Maclean had the beating of him early on a few times but Mullin helped him out.  We then saw very little of Maclean once County went ahead in the game.  Against Ayr and Morton Stelios contributed well enough with neat touches and pushes forward, but mostly as the surprise from deep rather than the main guy on the flank.

Against Falkirk, Stelios was asked to be the main attacking outlet on the right flank as Mullin tried to get closer to the striker, and as such there wasn't enough quality coming from that side of the pitch.  He also had to defend 1v1 against Tommy Robson who had the beating of him for pace.  Mullin tended to stay more wide in the second half, which helped the shape of the team.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:
GET IT UP THE PARK was another shout from the auld dick. The boy that called McKee a disgrace was on my row and got sat down by everyone around him emoji38.png

It was a pish poor shout in the circumstances although McKees dead ball delivery lastnight was Kerr-like in its straight line floaty shiteness.

Aye he didn't have the best of games last night, gave the ball away a couple times and had a pish delivery, still nae need for that.

Aye he didn't have the best of games last night, gave the ball away a couple times and had a pish delivery, still nae need for that.
He also did a lot of work backing up Lewis Kidd and looked to drive forward when he got the ball. Hes lacking match sharpness probably but aye, no one hid lastnight so probably no need for the abuse. Save it for the next shitefest.

Still its good that there are these roasters around for us to talk about. That lad down near the front that held onto the ball when Fasan wanted it in the Dundee Utd game just about made me have a rage induced stroke.

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Option 1: Marcus Fraser, team captain, best right-back in the league IMO.  He hasn't kicked a ball in 10 weeks and only made the bench.

Option 2: Keith Watson, he had to fill in at centre-back because Callum Morris and Liam Fontaine both got injured in the same match recently.

Stelios is option 3. 

Tony Dingwall, inside-forward-come-wide midfielder, is option 4. Stelios is the better option.

Your strength in depth sickens me.

Poor lad; there was a period of about five minutes where he took a foul throw, clumsily prodded a ball out of play and then sclaffed a clearance.

How good was Petravicius winning headers though? Him and Rudden must be knackered today.

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Aero broken ankle confirmed. How could he have played on with an injury like that?

“Broken” tends to be the layman’s term, but in reality, a “broken leg or ankle” is a bit like the Leicester lad suffered last week where the foot is actually point backwards or in a position where the bone is completely broken. Then there’s the alternate word “fracture”, which is getting closer to the truth, then ultimately the “hairline fracture” which is probably what Muirhead suffered.

It will have been ridiculously painful, but the the bone itself is capable of supporting normal weight, but by Christ, your body will tell you it ain’t happy about it.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

“Broken” tends to be the layman’s term, but in reality, a “broken leg or ankle” is a bit like the Leicester lad suffered last week where the foot is actually point backwards or in a position where the bone is completely broken. Then there’s the alternate word “fracture”, which is getting closer to the truth, then ultimately the “hairline fracture” which is probably what Muirhead suffered.

It will have been ridiculously painful, but the the bone itself is capable of supporting normal weight, but by Christ, your body will tell you it ain’t happy about it.

Good one to have on file just in case one encounters any of those "footballers are all pansies, rugby players are real men" types.

Absolutely. Good news is that healing has much to do with blood supply (ankle good, little bones in feet and hands not so good). So from that perspective, it helps, but he will still be looking at around a Christmas before putting any real pressure on it. Probably January before he is kicking a ball in training.

Absolutely. Good news is that healing has much to do with blood supply (ankle good, little bones in feet and hands not so good). So from that perspective, it helps, but he will still be looking at around a Christmas before putting any real pressure on it. Probably January before he is kicking a ball in training.

Thanks for the update doctor.

I thought Muirhead actually played at his best after he got crocked.  Just concentrated on the simple things of getting the ball and clearing it . His main fault is when he tries to be too clever and play a 50 yard pass or control the ball when he has no chance of doing that.  Fair play to him for playing through the pain barrier.

Archived