Fright Night in West Lothian, Livingston v St Johnstone 31/10/18

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Entire post is the biggest pile of shite I've seen on here but that last statement takes it. Would you f**k :D 

A bit of continuity, if it's good enough to train on and bring up young players on then it's good enough to play on at the top level. There's no reason to ban them and no reasonable reason to go against them

Thats cos you're one of the diddy zealots who feel you have to defend them at every opportunity now your team has got one.

Its a totally different game and I far prefer it on grass. If they're so fucking good and make no difference, then why don't any big clubs have them? You know, some of those clubs that host concerts etc on their pitch where it would make perfect sense so they didn't have to waste a couple of days laying covering etc.

Even in Scandinavia, where they'd make the most sense, there's only a handful of clubs in the top leagues with them.

Players don't want them, coaches don't want them and the majority of fans don't want them.

The requirement to play in the Premiership should never have been about stadium or number of seats, as long as it's safe. It should always have been about having a quality grass pitch. Thankfully it's improved a great deal over the past couple of seasons with Motherwell and ourselves spending a bit of money, hopefully that becomes the norm.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last Saturday it looked like we were playing beach football with the amount of sand that was coming flying off the pitch. The pitch looks good but you do worry that the drainage will struggle again.

Thats cos you're one of the diddy zealots who feel you have to defend them at every opportunity now your team has got one.
Its a totally different game and I far prefer it on grass. If they're so fucking good and make no difference, then why don't any big clubs have them? You know, some of those clubs that host concerts etc on their pitch where it would make perfect sense so they didn't have to waste a couple of days laying covering etc.
Even in Scandinavia, where they'd make the most sense, there's only a handful of clubs in the top leagues with them.
Players don't want them, coaches don't want them and the majority of fans don't want them.
The requirement to play in the Premiership should never have been about stadium or number of seats, as long as it's safe. It should always have been about having a quality grass pitch. Thankfully it's improved a great deal over the past couple of seasons with Motherwell and ourselves spending a bit of money, hopefully that becomes the norm.
This in spades.

I'm not interested in statistics re injuries, it's a totally different game on carpet and they shouldn't be allowed in the top flight.

Last Saturday it looked like we were playing beach football with the amount of sand that was coming flying off the pitch. The pitch looks good but you do worry that the drainage will struggle again.
Our pitch isn't the problem. Nor is the drainage.
That useless fucker of a groundsman on the other hand.......

On 02/11/2018 at 06:19, Steve McQueen said:

The pellets were a problem & the pitch was rightly criticized. Looks like the pitch is bedding in now & should be less of an issue going forward.

A problem for what specifically? That it looked different (very different, I admit!) or the rubber pellets affected the game? I appreciate it’s difficult to evidence any change in bounce height, ball spin, drag etc. Genuine questions, not a noise up. For what it’s worth, I’d prefer we had a grass pitch; just coz.

Archived