Today's scores 27th Oct

fitba coupon

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bawrash1 said:

IMG_1635.jpg having just watched the highlights I think it’s pretty clear the number 10 was in an offside position so the play got brought back for the foul

Still pictures don't prove much (except my position, half way up the terracing, above the m in racism.

I would say he was a yard back from that position at the point the ball was played and onside. It's tight and I don't know why the lino flagged or at which point. Could he have been signalling for the foul?

Still pictures don't prove much (except my position, half way up the terracing, above the m in racism.
I would say he was a yard back from that position at the point the ball was played and onside. It's tight and I don't know why the lino flagged or at which point. Could he have been signalling for the foul?

I was standing behind the assistant referee and he immediately flagged for offside. The Pollok player was clearly offside as the video footage shows.

The assistant only put his flag down after he called the referee over via their head / ear pieces.

I know there was a little confusion, but it was good refereeing. He attempted to allow the advantage. There was none, so he brought it back and awarded a free kick for the initial foul. The only error the referee made was that he failed to glance over to his assistant during the passage of play. If he did he would have stopped the game sooner.

4 minutes ago, lokforever said:

he looks onside when the ball is played

Like I said, he is moving as the ball is played. My interpretation of the video "proves" he was onside. My view at the time was the same. Some people seem to see it differently, all I can add is my neutrality.

Like I said, he is moving as the ball is played. My interpretation of the video "proves" he was onside. My view at the time was the same. Some people seem to see it differently, all I can add is my neutrality.

Although I and not neutral, I’d like to think I am honest. I was looking right along the line, with virtually the same view as the assistant and he looked yards offside.

In my opinion he looks offside on the highlights as well.

It gone now anyway. See you on Saturday.

2 hours ago, lokforever said:

So mccann passed to fraser then was fouled and if fraser was offside then the free kick should have been Cumnocks 

It’s the order of events that confuses me too!How did Lok end up with the free kick?

Jeezo 

I was at the game and don’t know what all the confusion is about, a foul to Pollok, the ref plays advantage , forward pass , flag up for offside, ball ends up in the back of the net, ref awards goal but after consultation  changed decision Probably should have been a free kick to Cumnock  for offside but because no advantage gained awarded free kick to Pollok 

Took in the Beith game. A 6-0 score doesn’t lie. Beith were a bit sloppy with their passing and possession but when they did cut loose Peasy had no answers. Peasy number 10 was a stand out despite the drubbing and a credit to his team.

6-0 going on 12 the writing is pretty much on the wall for peasy.

Took in the Beith game. A 6-0 score doesn’t lie. Beith were a bit sloppy with their passing and possession but when they did cut loose Peasy had no answers. Peasy number 10 was a stand out despite the drubbing and a credit to his team.
Jamie Hamilton

6-0 going on 12 the writing is pretty much on the wall for peasy.

Disagree a bit although Beith were best team and deserved to win. Peasie’s in difficult position but 3-0 at half time flattered Beith and sending off clearly impacted as game progressed. Referee Mr Gentiles has had a big impact in any game I have seen officiating in although Haxton 2 x yellows really only has himself to blame.
Thought Peasie’s had some decent players including Hamilton as stated. A lot of games to be played and points to be won in a league that will probably cut into two in coming weeks if not already.

10 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

Disagree a bit although Beith were best team and deserved to win. Peasie’s in difficult position but 3-0 at half time flattered Beith and sending off clearly impacted as game progressed. Referee Mr Gentiles has had a big impact in any game I have seen officiating in although Haxton 2 x yellows really only has himself to blame.
Thought Peasie’s had some decent players including Hamilton as stated. A lot of games to be played and points to be won in a league that will probably cut into two in coming weeks if not already.

Beith were not at their best which was always going to happen after the performance last week against Linlithgow,  I thought peasy  had a lot of possession in the first half but did nothing with it.  Beith were clinical in front of goal and took their chances when they came with some decent build up play.  3-0 probably did flatter us at half time but I can only imagine what the score line would have been if Beith had actually  played well yesterday as the peasy defence had no answer when we were in and around their box.  From what I heard yesterday all is not well up there which of course can’t be helping their cause. 

Archived