Anythings Beta than McLeish..

RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, dysartrovers said:

Mine often freezes at kick off. I press the windows button and then go back in and it starts again

Was an odd one. Would flash between the pitch and the overview you get with match stats/players ratings, pause it and its fine, as soon as you play it, it starts doing it again. 

Fucked about a bit with downloaded skins and its now working, just getting screenshots sorted from the Portugal massacre game.

14 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

I had a good save going with Scotland and reached the quarters of the world cup. Olly Burke on the right wing was a beast. Got boring after a while as there was absolutely no decent young players coming through

Not sure what to make of Burke yet, he's obviously got huge potential but he's played a couple of games at club level and never stands out for the U21s, Ritchie and Forrest both easily ahead of him just now.

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

All I'm saying is Lawrence Shankland is Scotland's top striker on my save and it's only October 2018!

I was tempted by Dobbie instead of Fletcher tbh :lol: striking options are genuinely dire, wouldn't be shocked to see Shankland appear at some point

Portugal (A) - Euro 2020 Qualifying

Untitled.thumb.png.cb631f2f059347242c0ff62f4b06dc4e.png

Cristiano Ronaldo v Grant Hanley.

I repeat.

:lol:

Untitled.png.50be978348e052cfda48c8bca8eb0961.png

Scotland is as Scotland does. Fucking hell man.

McGinn got injured, McTominay came on and got sent off almost straight away. Somehow dredge ourselves back into things, only to bottle it with the final kick off the ball.

Untitled.png.fca258ccfd1ffca10743ca58078dac4d.png

Next up, Slovakia, probably can't afford to lose it already.

Slovakia (H) - Euro 2020 Qualifying

Untitled.thumb.png.92a01c2aba3f000ad683d9ed0f8fa39e.png

Tierney, O'Donnell and McGregor all drop out due to fitness. Robertson and Paterson obvious, interested to see how Cairney does deeper. Fleck is awful so Cairney playing well there would open a space further forward.

Untitled.png.99c45033292a7cdb9900678183d9f77f.png

Scooshed it. Souttar came on for his debut and Fletcher looked handy enough. Not much to say really.

Untitled.png.d05de25511f3a5d48fc099c200f2a398.png

Untitled.png.743758f80d1ef079e80d0a3fd52f4656.png

Big round of fixtures. Beat Slovenia and we should be on 9 after four games. 

I've also got a friendly against New Zealand included with these games, can't be fucked screenshotting it though.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Squad Announcement

Untitled.png.05501a01d1df213e980a194cf496fda6.png

The never ending hunt for a new first choice goalkeeper continues. Craig Gordon has been dropped and transfer listed by Celtic for "not being part of their future plans", and Scott Bain is now first choice, and his form means he deserves his chance. McLaughlin is unconvincing for Sunderland in League One, so I'm nervous about him, which is why Gordon still makes the squad. The other two will play the final two matches.

Few new faces in midfield. Mallan has 15 goals for Hibernian so deserves his shot too, considering the opponents. Morgan looks the best left wing prospect so I'm seeing how he does, isn't playing for Celtic but I'd assume he'll eventually get game time somewhere, and if he does these caps might help him settle when the time comes. 

Che Adams is scoring semi-regularly for Birmingham and took some persuading to join us. Another who looks like he might be useful in a few years, so capping him now to tie him down. Other strikers haven't exactly done well anyway, McBurnie gone off the boil since an injury.

Slovenia (A) - Euro 2020 Qualifying

Untitled.thumb.png.dd22c3c8e4650c93ebbd45673515551f.png

Can probably predict my "big match" starting line up.

Untitled.png.01047500c9cd839489e3d0baf11d5017.png

Can probably guess Scotlands "big game" performance...

Craig Gordon looks finished. Allan McGregor been brutal for Rangers.

Time for someone to step up (please god, someone step up).

A better goalkeeper we get a draw at least.

Che Adams got his first cap for us in this game, as a desperate last change to try and change things.

Untitled.png.372ba55c6e5343c297312f39574fc349.png

Going as expected, Portugal running away with it and Gibraltar done. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Gibraltar (H) - Euro 2020 Qualifying

Untitled.thumb.png.27fa65c787f1057e21cfce8da43a1d15.png

Loss in the last game means I can't take any risks. Paterson and Souttar given a chance to stake a claim, and Robertsons better crossing gives him a start ahead of Tierney. 

Untitled.png.7b35f28714eeb57c276f722b12a48233.png

Absolutely fucked them. Mallan and Morgan both came on after 50 minutes, Morgan making an instant impact. He then got injured, and is a major doubt for the New Zealand friendly, which is massively disappointing.

Untitled.png.f3993bd82018ea0eb810c743f259efd8.png

Looking a bit nicer again. Portugal and Georgia next up though, can't afford to lose against Georgia.

Edited by RandomGuy.

New Zealand (H) - Friendly

Untitled.thumb.png.53987ed3f9981974cde66607048d49a9.png

Chance for fringe players to impress. Especially keen to see how Mallan and Adams do. Morgan not fit enough to start but is on the bench, Celtic requested I only play him for 45 minutes.

Untitled.png.6c8fd4d28050b5036884aca78dd58d4a.png

Adams and Mallan just played their way into the next squad, fair play to them. Fraser got injured early on and Morgan replaced him, played over 45 minutes but f**k Celtic, they don't play him anyway. 

Untitled.png.3c19a25e8b1eedfee13325daf67be697.png

Considering cancelling the Ecuador friendly, tbh. Need at least three points from the two group games.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I repeat.

:lol:

Grant Hanley had one of the most cartoonishly bad debut's for me in any FM Save I can remember.  I signed him for Celtic in FM17 and gave him his debut in my second game of the season against newly promoted St. Mirren

In the first half he conceded 2 penalties and made a horrendous mistake for their third goal, I hooked him at halftime

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 06/05/2019 at 00:20, Poet of the Macabre said:

Shame there hasn’t been any updates to this one

I think I qualified through the play offs and made the Semis.

All felt a bit easy so lost interest.