Anythings Beta than McLeish..

RandomGuy.

So aye, completely forgot to start a thread for my St Johnstone save, and shock, I managed to see out the whole season for the first time. Can't be arsed jinxing it now.

This years victim will be the long suffering National Team.

Untitled.png.aad4bdcaeb3e44cc3b5d9a3d43e47a33.png

Expectations are clear. Nations League Group is the actual one, Albania and Israel.

First squad...

Untitled.png.178b2b7975d52d00fae7daba60911047.png

Goalkeepers are obvious, McLaughlin and Archer both been awful for their respective clubs so left out for more deserving players. Would prefer younger options though.

Went for as strong as I could defensively, will look to edge in younger centre halves as we go. Midfield much the same with Bryan maybe the only surprising name. We seem really lacking on natural left midfielders so I'm wanting to see how he can do. 

First game is Ghana in a friendly, before meeting Israel in the first Nations League game..

Matches

Ghana (H) - Friendly

Untitled.thumb.png.9c1992d63eb7fc06b704b539ba2edff0.png

Fitness dictated a lot of that, although I'm glad I can find out about Bryan and McBurnie this early. Finding a balance in midfield could be the biggest challenge, most of the midfielders prefer to go forward, McDonald defensively sound so gets the nod.

So how did my debut go...?

Untitled.png.78636e3e36a3cc6db5f198dc2fb21129.png

Hampden virtually sold out to witness it, Scots dancing in the streets after the match singing about Oli McBurnie. In reality the TA Forum on P&B probably filled with posts about us being shite and being bailed out by an incredibly soft penalty. 

#ThisIsOurTime #WeWinTogether

Next up, Israel, an important game we can't afford to bottle..

Edited by RandomGuy.

Nations League v Israel (A)

Untitled.thumb.png.4947f4cf20a38e9bfbe354fd23a9724e.png

Back five stay as strong as I can. McGregor replaces McDonald due to Israels deep midfield, should hopefully use the space better. Fraser replaces Bryan as hes better going forward and my scout reckoned their right side was the weakness. McBurnies annihilation of Ghana doesn't get him a starting spot, Griffiths is proven and its too early to be gambling. 

A few recognisable names for Israel. Ben Haim is ancient so hopefully get at him, Kayal is quality though. And yes, that is Nick Blackman of Aberdeen and Motherwell fame on the right, turns out hes been quite successful abroad.

Untitled.png.79e9363707fac5a7487da026d8a6f2f4.png

Passion. Never say die attitude.

This is RGs Scotland.

We absolutely fucking bottled it :lol: My man Bryan came up big despite being English. All in though, draw our away games and win the home ones, and we're there.

Next International games are..

Untitled.png.96505b17208cedb0c2f1022b12ecc7bd.png

Need to win both. I won't win both.

Untitled.thumb.png.2b400c60fe5178d1bdedf3dabdfe5ae4.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

Squad Announcement

Untitled.thumb.png.ec9db7c686fc3ae8068ab6d233aeec53.png

Gordon injured so misses out, McLaughlin the only viable alternative. Archer not playing for Millwall at all.

Hanley returns due to playing well for his club, Berra drops out due to being old. Only other change is McArthur for McDonald, which is just shuffling the deck really.

Nations League v Albania (H)

Untitled.thumb.png.e90e28c65ba19af72a3c1d1dc356000f.png

Tierney replaces Robertson, who's been poor so far, Bryan gets a spot for his equaliser in the last game. Griffiths was dreadful in Albania, to the point where I considered dropping him out the squad completely for Steven Fletcher, who seems a better fit for my tactic, but for now he'll play back up to McBurnie, unless McBurnie is also shite.

A lot of quality in that Albania team, a few recognisable names from Serie A.

Untitled.png.9ba7c56efa1fc2d59e41fd5c01f03258.png

None of them, however, were a match for McBurnie and Ritchie. Absolutely battered them and could even miss a penalty. Gives me huge confidence we'll actually win this shit.

Israel at home next, a win virtually wins us the group. 

Nations League v Israel (H)

Untitled.thumb.png.8910d1eeb23c390f0c2bf114efbeb9f0.png

Tierney and McGregor drop out because I hate Celtic. They were also fucked after playing the full match just a few days before, the others have recovered though. A few lessons learned from the last meeting so we should be able to dominate. Just need to be clinical. My man McBurnie will see to that.

Untitled.png.483576a23eb0c2635af3fbb676b766cf.png

:lol:

Untitled.thumb.png.5e10dcdf4544b5c33ea993c90d074b75.png

Still top, but should've been more. We now need to get a result in Albania.

Untitled.png.90d1f8f93d55ddeb3fc922d24da9a4d8.png

I'll experiment a bit against Belarus, but its just a distraction, everything rests on the Albania game.

Squad Announcement

Untitled.thumb.png.4bc55f29548e808558110b84420465b6.png

Lindsay and Berra replace the injured Hanley and Mulgrew. Both should feature against Belarus. Fleck takes the role of deeper midfielder ahead of McDonald and McArthur as I fancy seeing how he does against Belarus, same with McKay on the left. Bryan dropped as hes barely playing any football.

Friendly v Belarus (A)

Untitled.thumb.png.73c77c4248797fb2bf5b5283b80d799b.png

B-Team material. 

McLaughlin, Cooper, Lindsay, Paterson, Fleck, Cairney and McKay all get their first starts under me. A real chance for them to impress.

Untitled.png.1a3480064b12e1e82358be57cab4ad06.png

Perfect preparation for a "must not lose" game away to a minnow :unsure: Lindsay gave away a daft penalty at a corner and we didnt do nearly enough going forward. Not a great sign.

Untitled.png.49f352dd3b107a6b8183a949eade7cc7.png

First drop put of my tenure, allows Bryan a chance again, as the alternatives are dire.

Albania and Israel could only draw 1-1, so anything but a defeat will see us win the Group.

Untitled.thumb.png.ac3c3e10daacc055acbf3863ac5959b6.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

Nations League v Albania (A)

Untitled.thumb.png.8db09cd8c9032f9710d5aaf4294cb0d2.png

Berras mentals gets him the spot beside McKenna. Otherwise its business as usual. Can't imagine this game will be as one sided as the Hampden meeting.

Untitled.png.91cdbb228e1aceceee40c385a0730c08.png

Whats the opposite of glorious failure?

Pathetic performance, somehow contrived not to lose it though. Can't wait for the mauling we'll receive in Division B, but we'll worry about that later.

Untitled.thumb.png.6837f5b7abab5426747029d01c3f6fa6.png

Yay.

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Untitled.png.5f02793761a3dfad9704e0e1d12d9d4a.png

Portugal will win the Group, Gibraltar will finish bottom.

No idea what'll happen with us, realistically it should be a shoot out with us and Slovakia for the second placed spot.

Untitled.png.151382b9272d895237546d47a79a5c40.png

Nice easy start.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Squad Announcement

Untitled.png.57a6e7c4b65dff65da8da14ae1be8cd5.png

Ooft. Ronaldo quaking in his boots.

Gordon broke his foot and is out for the season, and Marshall is also injured. Proper dregs stuff. Archer hasnt played all season, and Clark is the highest alternative in terms of average rating, just along for the ride, really.

Both Liverpool left backs make it, Souttar gets his first call up under me though. Planning on playing him and McKenna in these games to try and build something, Lindsay and Hanley decent alternatives.

Nothing exciting in midfield, still struggling for a DLP alternative to McGregor. Fleck remains in the squad but ideally I'd find someone better. 

Big decision up front though, McBurnie injured and I'd planned to give Che Adams, whos scoring regular for Birmingham and has declared for us, a cap, but hes also injured. Fletcher fits my style and is scoring, so has a chance to become a hero.

I think I've lost the save btw, as soon as a I play a match it glitches at kick off and freezes completely.

Save has been resurrected. Portugal incoming.. 

Edited by RandomGuy.